Table of Contents
Weeks ago, we partnered with another brand of journals. Luckily, they are a local brand. Now, let’s meet Paper Notes.
The Paper Notes Experience
Back then, I find it hard to discover journals that suit my taste. I spend hours roaming bookstores and even stationery stalls to find the right one. Journals contain various kinds of paper. For me, the paper must withstand the ink and the other tools I use.
Throughout the years, I used a lot of notebooks and journals alike. So far, I am still looking for the “right one.“
Similar to love, we always find the right match for us. But that is irrelevant to this post.
Honestly, I am very particular about the GSM of the paper and the thickness of the journal. It helps me relax when I know the paper will not bleed if I write on it using various kinds of brush pens or tools. One great thing about continuously looking for the right journal is learning that there can be one!
Meeting Paper Notes
The creatives behind Paper Notes conceived the brand in 2013. They saw the need to use and provide quality notebooks at an affordable price. Their team carefully studied the market and the manufacturing end.
The outcome of their research helped them in their decision-making process. They see the chance to provide competitive notebook products at a mid-level price accessible to students and professionals alike.
In the latter part of 2013, their Classic Series #1 was born. It has ruled pages with six (6) different colors.
During the second wave which was in late 2016, Series #2 was brought to life. Blank and ruled pages are presented to the public in 10 different colors.
It was during this series that they started personalizing and customizing their notebooks. In turn, people are satisfied with this new service of theirs.
Fast forward to 2017, their Gold line was introduced. It was still under Series #2.
This 2018, they are now with their Series #3. Their notebooks are now available in 12 different colors. You can choose the size if it’s A5 or A6 and the kind of pages it will have. Choices are blank, ruled, and dotted.
A5 dotted is already sold out. Yet, they are looking forward to restocking by the start of the Ber months. Also, they are still open to the personalization of all their products.
Scribbling on the Paper Notes Journal
I honestly could not contain myself when I saw the package the delivery guy gave me. All the excitement from the younger version of myself screamed at the top of her lungs. I felt like a kid rushing toward mommy or daddy receiving a gift again!
Then, unboxing happened.
- They packed the journals very minimalistically. It was very simple and convenient. As someone who strives to reduce waste, I believe they did a great job!
- The leaflet contains essential information, such as the journal’s number of leaves. It also provides other features like bookmarks, envelopes, and information on paper.
- As you can see, I received two (2) journals. One was for Maarteng Letra, and the other one was for me. As this blog post proceeds, you’ll see that I’ll share my experiences in both journals.
The A5 Journal
Maarteng Letra got their journal just like I got my MQ journal. I wrote on the A5 journal just as I used my A6 journal. They possess different traits that are unique from each other. One serves as a travel buddy since it’s small and can fit in small bags. The other one serves as a legit diary or art progress tracker.
Both are my scribbles on the A5 journal.
Let’s enumerate the basics:
- 100 gsm paper
- 160 pages
- Pen slot
- garterized string to close the journal
It’s just like the others out there, honest opinion. However, how they talk to their customers sets them apart. Also, their journals have a minimalist vibe that just appeals to me.
What I love about it:
- The A5 journal is lightweight and easy to carry around. Even if you have a shoulder-type or messenger bag, it can fit in with your other essentials.
- 100 gsm paper is just the right thickness (for me) for journals. It withstands the ink and does not bleed or blot.
- The journal possesses 100 leaves of 100 gsm paper. To be honest, that is already enough.
- Before I forget, the cover is lightweight and gives a leather and grunge feel.
I love the fact that it withstands the brush pens I frequently use. Those come from Marvy Uchida, Zig, Sakura, and Pilot.
- Marvy Uchida Le Plume II (1122)
- Zig Fudebiyori
- Sakura Pigma Brush or Koi Coloring Pens
- Pilot Petit 3
The A6 Journal
This one is smaller, as stated that it’s A6. I got the dotted journal which is great for bullet journaling. Yet, that is something I have not explored yet.
Currently, I use the MQ journal for my random ideas. Sometimes, I write or jot down work-related stuff I must remember daily. It is very portable since it can fit one of my smaller or clutch bags. So far, that is one of my favorite features of this journal.
- Easy and lightweight, very portable, and fits in some clutch bags or sling bags
- 80 gsm dotted paper
- 200 pages
Hence, for anyone who wants to own a journal that they can carry around, this one is the best choice for you!
Before when I was still a full-time freelancer, I did most of my errands with just a sling bag with me. Sometimes, I regret not bringing a piece of paper and a pen because some ideas flock to my mind whenever I’m out. When I reached my flat, those ideas were nowhere to be found. They have escaped my mind already, and I do not have a way to retrieve them.
If you wonder why I stress ideas so much, I suggest you read my review of the book Big Magic. That book is wonderful and shares so many great things about creative living!
Hence, for any creative reading this, I suggest you get a journal from them!
As I kept on saying, I strongly recommend this brand.
Let me enumerate why.
- Both journals (A5 and A6) are softbound. Hence, both are easy to carry and lightweight. Their A5 journals can fit in your bags. Consequently, their A6 journals can fit your small to large bags without giving you so much trouble.
- They offer a lot of variants that you can choose from. There are blank, dotted, and ruled journals that suit your needs.
- The mode of payment is flexible. You can pay through bank deposits or transfers (if you do mobile banking) and through Paypal.
- Personalized journals for you or anyone you want to give them to.
- Their journals have 80 and 100 gsm for their A6 and A5 journals, respectively. So it is fine for ink, gel, and even brush pens.
- Price-wise, it is very affordable!
But wait, I got something for you!
Also, I am happy to share that we are giving out a discount code that entitles you to 10% off on all orders over Php 499 (~USD 10).
Use the code: MariaLovesPN
There you go, my dear readers. I hope you enjoy browsing their shop and hope you’ll share your experiences with us too!
Last but not least.