This was the book written by Bianca Gonzalez-Intal which is an inspirational book to guide each and every reader on how to survive growing up. It has been widely accepted by so many people for it possesses such power that could lead us to success!
Paano Ba To?
Bianca Gonzalez is a host, mother and a wonder woman of her generation that people have been looking up to. At a young age, I have been admiring her from afar. She’s genuine, honest and vocal with her thoughts and causes. With her book, people now know that even celebrities have their struggles too.
People admire her for being what she is and how she is. Frankly, this is why she’s loved by so many.
Honestly, I bought this book before the semester ended and started even if I still have tons of academic readings pending. It really helped me rethink about how was I living my life. If I was doing it the right way or not, then there’s this thought that what will happen if I finished reading this book? Will I go back to reading Clash of Kings?
How to Survive Growing Up by Bianca Gonzalez-Intal
As a young adult on the verge of making decisions that would greatly affect my future, the book has helped us realize that even though we make mistakes, our families will always have our backs.
Personally, most of us wish that this book was written earlier. But, if it had been published before then we will not encounter those mistakes and would just have lived a boring life.
Almost every individual would want to travel back in time to fix some minute details that might greatly affect the future.
There are times that we can just share almost anything to our families yet, there’s always a time they we feel we are being judged. That hurts especially if it’s our family. They would criticize us if we have setbacks and praise us impulsively when we achieve something.
Frankly, that’s something inevitable with our culture. Some have experienced heavier and things we don’t know that could actually happen. What can we do is to conquer all those and bravely survive every turmoil thrown at us.
Which is why this book is so inspiring especially to millennials who are lost or for people who are at crossroads.
How to Survive Insecurities
Relatively, insecurities are always there. Some go to salons to get my nails done. Others get waxed. Some visit the derma to undergo certain treatments. They want to become somebody else and live another person’s life and reach a certain point where they would lose their true identities.
While others seem like swans, there will be people who will feel they’re like an ugly duckling. Secretly, the thought of it kills them little by little.
Insecurities can crush your confidence and self-esteem. This crushes one’s spirits and would leave them straight to despair. Truthfully, it’s inevitable to feel that way. It’s better to love yourselves more than to hate it.
How to Survive Failures
Failures are always present in the world that we live in. We either surpass those or let them break us and in the end, it can be quite devastating.
What’s great about this section that it teaches us to:
- Accept our failures
- Realize that we did our best in the things that we pursue even if it did not end well.
- Confronting the bullies that have been bashing us.
- Lastly, it teaches us that no matter how hard we try there will be those times that the universe may not be on our side.
There are times that we begin to question our existence and purpose in life. Most would think that when they encounter a major failure, it would cause them disappointment especially to their families.
Personally, I love how Bianca shared her stories and included Marian Rivera’s share and take about bullies and bashers. It truly ignites the readers, like me, to stand up their ground after a terrible encounter with these bullies. Now, there are the traditional bullies who would tease or call names. Then, there are those cyberbullies.
Bullies and negative people alike exist in this world. They would do so much just to bring us down and try to hurt us. Some would even say the meanest things about ourselves, friends and even families.
One of my favorite sections about this chapter is when Bianca shared her 10 winning mindsets she learned through her failures. As a yuppie, it has enlightened me to just keep going even if the world seems to gang up and turn its back against me.
Life is 10% what happens to you & 90% how you react to it.
Other thoughts about the book:
- The price is reasonable. I got my copy from National Bookstore; to order your own copy just click this.
- Bianca’s book is so full of thoughts to ponder on especially life lessons! I personally love it and could read it more than once!
- Bianca was able to express her thoughts on the subject very well. She was able to incorporate real life experience from people that we look up to or admire even from afar. The chapters were arranged in accordance to importance; from my observation.
- The artworks included in the book were really amazing and inspiring!
- It seems that it was really made for the audience or readers that are currently experiencing confusions in life; or maybe having the biggest dilemma in which should they pursue.
Because of the previous bullet, I just had to do this:
- The artworks or doodles at the back of the front cover really inspired me to practice more of calligraphy. As you can see the blank space there, I wrote my name using calligraphy which still needs improvement.
- Most of entries were sent by people were really touching and inspiring to other individuals, such as for myself.
- I would really recommend it to others to let them become the best version of themselves!
[bctt tweet=”We’re all a little weird. And life’s a little weird. -Robert Fulghum #PaanoBaTo” username=”Mariaisquixotic”]
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions presented are mine.