Table of Contents
- Life Lately: What’s up, December? The Ber Haul
- #1 Macbook case and skin from Coco and Toffee
- Why buy from Coco and Toffee?
- #2 Geometric LED Desk Lamp from Paper Blush
- Why buy from Paper Blush?
- #3 DeepCool E-Golf Notebook Cooler
- Why should you buy this?
- #4 Miniso Mouse and Bluetooth Speaker
- Would I recommend it?
- #5 Jaguar 24000 mAh Power Bank
- Therefore, what do I think about it?
- #6 Rechargeable Mini-Fan with Flashlight
- Where do I start sharing about this?
- #7 Punny Sui Generis Merchandise Shirts
- What do I love about these shirts?
- Help Us Grow: Your Support Fuels the Community!
Gearing towards the last month of the Ber months, I share the haul I made towards the end of the year. Could one of it be a plot twist for 2017? Let’s go check the Ber haul.
Life Lately: What’s up, December? The Ber Haul
It’s the 12th month of the year and the climax of the Christmas season! It has been months since it started and through those months, I have bought myself a lot of stuff!
Now, I have been trying to live a minimalist life but sporadically, it’s just damn hard. After watching that documentary on Netflix a few months back, I strived so hard to apply it to my life. I was able to, but not to the maximum.
My mom is a hoarder, and maybe that’s where I got it. Back in the day, their generation would stock up on pretty plates, utensils, and even cups, but when I imagined myself in her shoes. I couldn’t see myself doing that. I’m utterly content with just a simple plate ornamented with blue decor. But with her, there’s a specific kind of plate for visitors, common use and even for special occasions!
Now, I’ll be sharing the purchases I made and made sure that these items will be put to good use!
Disclaimer: The items that I listed here were bought using my resources, and it was not sponsored.
#1 Macbook case and skin from Coco and Toffee
I have always been on the hunt for a laptop case that is of good quality. It’s been a while since I bought something for an object. Usually, it’s always buying something for yourself or significant other or even family and relatives. This time, I opted to spoil my laptop by giving her a treat. My laptop is one of the tools that helps me continue working, creating and studying. All at the same time!
As much as possible, I do not like spending on things that will not last a long time. Frankly, I am not yet ready for a new gadget in case my laptop dies. So, my goal is to protect and take care of it, since it’s a necessity for the path that I’m taking.
I have got friends who use Apple products, and I’ve asked them where do they buy their cases. From physical stores to online stores, I visited a lot just to find the right one for me. I am quite picky when it comes to accessories for my stuff.
Luckily, Veeyah recommended Coco and Toffee to me. Veeyah is a creative and a blogger that I’ve met through an online community. We got closer talking about our creative journeys and blogs; I still haven’t met her in real life!
Why buy from Coco and Toffee?
They have many choices!
You can choose from which gadget. It could either be an iPhone, iPad or for your Macbook. They have a wide variety of products.
- Skins (similar to decals)
- Cases (matte or glossy, with cut-out logo or not)
- Keyboard guard
- Wrist guard
- Dust plugs
Since I have dust plugs, keyboard guards and wrist guard that are still functional. I opted to buy a skin and case for my laptop. The order process was very pleasant, and the owner is very customer-friendly. I had some concerns with the payment, and they were very accommodating about it.
Shipping was fast. The items will be shipped after the payment and I received it within 2–3 days, and I’m staying in Metro Manila, so there will be a difference if it will be shipped outside of MM.
The prices are just right and not too expensive and not that cheap. And of course, the quality of the items is impeccable! The skin is easy to apply, as long as you follow the steps properly. For the case, it is just as I hoped for. 💙
#2 Geometric LED Desk Lamp from Paper Blush
Every desk needs a lamp that will guide us to working properly. I work on my desk almost all the time, and I hate it if it’s not well lighted. Personally, I like to see the entire desk when I work. Little as you know, I have three (3) lamps that help me accomplish my tasks.
However, this geometric desk lamp is one of my faves.
When boredom strikes me, this lamp entertains me through its foldable feature. I can transform it into almost any form that I like and for me, that amuses me. Aside from being foldable, it’s also a rechargeable and can work wireless. Even my mom got jealous and wanted this desk lamp too!
In case you’re wondering, I got this unique lamp from Paper Blush. I first encountered them on Instagram and then on Facebook until I placed my order on their website. Of course, I asked them first on how “geometric” the desk lamp is and the wattage since it’s LED.
Why buy from Paper Blush?
To make it easier for you, I’ll share it in bullets.
- They have countless products to offer! The choices span from instant cameras to desk accessories and even gadget accessories.
- There are also stationery items like washi tapes, stickers, stencils, and even a desk mat! I bought a desk mat alongside the geometric desk lamp and both are constantly on my desk to keep me productive almost all the time! There are times that I just feel like doing nothing. 🤣
- The price is just right and reasonable. They offer plenty of choices on how to pay. It could be through credit card, money transfer like LBC payment or bank transfer/deposit.
- Shipping is fast, and it takes only 1–2 days if it’s in Metro Manila. If you’re ordering from the province, it takes around 3–5 days.
- They are very accommodating!
- For sponsorships, you could just email them for more information.
If you’ll ask me if I’ll buy from them again, of course! 💙
#3 DeepCool E-Golf Notebook Cooler
When you love to take care of your gadget, you really spoil it with other tools to prolong its life. This item is related to the first one. It’s for Macy as well!
If you are puzzled about who Macy is, she is my laptop! We met last 2015 at the Switch store at Benilde Alumni Office at SDA bldg of De La Salle – College of Saint Benilde.
I got introduced to this product because of Sam. He bought a pair for his laptop and when I saw it, I was amused. It was nothing like the other cooling devices I see at malls or even at online malls. In short, I was jealous of how portable and minimalist it is. Then after a few days, I was on the way to buying it.
This is for sale on Lazada. Its price is really affordable and worth its quality. In the photo, the name has faded because it has also been months since I owned it.
Why should you buy this?
- When you love your gadgets so much and want them to have a longer life, it is very helpful to own a cooling pad. It helps the internal cooling pad (inside the laptop) to cool the mechanisms there, especially if you are a heavy user.
- It soothes my aesthetic feel. The item itself has a minimalist design and effortless to carry around, especially I like to work and study at coworking spaces and cafés.
- The price is very affordable! You can own one for just around Php 300! Roughly, that’s less than $10!
- Shipping is fast, especially if you are within Metro Manila. Otherwise, if ordered from the province, it would take around 3–7 days. If in case of international orders, I am not quite sure about it.
- If in case you are looking for something like a stress ball, it could double as that also. But remember, its primary function is to help cool your laptop and not to take your stress away.
So that’s about it for this cooling golf ball! Does it convince you to buy one for yourself?
#4 Miniso Mouse and Bluetooth Speaker
Every user has their preferences when it comes to getting things done. I love music just like that! So, it has become a necessity for me to have a background music playing while working. Music has become a part of my whole self and even my soul, so I really cannot work without it.
Miniso PH has been ringing in everyone’s ears for its designer products at an affordable price! We have become patronizers of the shop as well. We love its wide variety of products that are sold for an affordable price.
For the mouse, it’s wireless and powered by one (1) AAA battery that could last for a month or more, depending on how frequent you use it.
On the other hand, the Bluetooth speaker is rechargeable with a USB cable. A full charge can last for a few hours without interruption. There are buttons present to allow the users to play, pause and adjust the volume of the playback. So far, I have connected it to my laptop, tablet, and phone and works fine!
Would I recommend it?
Yes, and here’s why.
- The mouse is affordable on its own. Costing at around Php 300 (roughly $6), it’s a snug fit to my hand and even works fine.
- As I’ve mentioned, it’s powered by an AAA battery that needs replacement every 1–2 months. But that varies depending on your usage. I bought mine from Miniso Glorietta branch.
- It has a USB receiver that needs to be plugged to the laptop to work. The mouses boasts a magnet for storing the receiver when not in use.
- The Bluetooth speaker is a little expensive. It costs around Php 900 (roughly $18) and is completely worth it.
- Playback has a crisp and as the store says, has a surround feature. For me, that is important, as I am very particular with the playback quality when it comes to music or videos. It has been with me for months now, and I still do not have complaints about it.
- Generally, it is affordable and of good quality.
I would recommend it to those who are always on the go and need music/videos to work properly.
#5 Jaguar 24000 mAh Power Bank
Nowadays, people do not leave their homes without a power bank. This applies to everyone! Now, if the person does not own a power bank yet, they have a hard time leaving without fully charging their devices.
For this item, my mom actually bought this from Technopop. At the condo we are staying at in Manila, there’s a branch downstairs filled with tech gadgets and accessories. In case you’re wondering, (I think) it is a partner of Kimstore.
My mom needed a power bank for their Eurotrip last October, and she told me that she wanted a power bank. She knows that I have one, but I told her I needed it too. So, what I did, I brought her to Technopop. Mom bought a travel adapter and a power bank.
In the end, we exchanged power banks because what she bought was heavy, and I also did not want her carrying that during their trip. So I gave her mine which I got from Lazada and has, 10000 mAh (I think).
Therefore, what do I think about it?
- For some who almost needs power anywhere she goes, this is a good product! With its capacity, I could fully charge my phone for more than twice.
- The power bank lasts a long even if it’s a bit heavy.
- It costs around Php 900 just like the speakers, which is roughly around $18.
- Recharging it is easy because you can use a lightning cable or a USB (A or B not C) cable.
I’ll recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a lasting power bank! ☺️
#6 Rechargeable Mini-Fan with Flashlight
This is the latest addition to the Ber haul! I bought this December and frankly, I’m bittersweet about this item. Lazada offers many products and this is sold by different merchants at different prices.
Where do I start sharing about this?
- It costs Php 300 (roughly $6) on Lazada and free shipping is included!
- The fan has three (3) settings, an on and off button and a rechargeable battery. The package already includes the battery and USB wire.
- A downside to this is that the battery stopped working at some point. Now, I have to plug it in before I can turn it on and unplug it right after.
- With its price, it’s cheap, though I’m reluctant to recommend it. Since with my experience, it did not turn out the way I thought it would be. At first, it showed good performance but with just after a few days, it began deteriorating. Now, I cannot operate it without first plugging it in, which is such a hassle for anyone. I do not want that to happen.
- Even if it’s affordable and ships fast, the quality of the product isn’t that okay. So, to anyone who gets to read this, I hope you’ll be careful with the purchases done online. Some reviews are not helpful and feel forced.
#7 Punny Sui Generis Merchandise Shirts
Who loves puns?
Puns are statements filled with a lot of word play that puzzles people and sometimes, entertain them. Some create them for fun and some just come out naturally. Typically, it’s accompanied by memes to further illustrate their meaning.
Sui Generis Merchandise is a small business built and forged by law students. Luckily, I was one of the first few customers who availed of their promo, and first thing’s first. The shirts are so comfortable to wear!
Now, I forgot who first followed who, but surely, I was glad that I met them. They were also one of our partners during our event last September. A part of me wishes to be able to work on them on a collaboration. Maybe we could send a design we made and they could just print it. That is, if they are open to the idea.
What do I love about these shirts?
- They were on sale, particularly running on a promo, so they were very affordable. Php 500 for two shirts already! Isn’t that a great deal? (Roughly around $10 for the two shirts)
- Receiving the items was not much of a hassle. We were schoolmates, so we just met during our spare time, and that’s easy as pie.
- Shipping is nationwide, Philippines only. For Metro Manila customers, you would receive your order within 2–3 days. Those who are outside Metro Manila, I guess the maximum would be 7 days.
- The fabric was breathable and very comfortable. It is not hard to wash, either. You can handwash it or through the machine.
- It’s long, and you can match it with leggings or jeggings.
- When you go to their page, you’ll see hoodies as well. I only bought shirts, so I won’t be able to share information about that. Sorry! ✌🏽
Since they are a small business, let’s support them! 💙
That concludes my Ber haul, and I hope this can serve as a list of gift ideas for your friends and families. Moreover, I hope I shared useful information to everyone out there.
As I’ve mentioned in the first few paragraphs, this is not a sponsored post. All items were bought using my resources and the brands did not ask me to do a review about it. Every opinion here came from my experience.