The pen meet is organized by Maarteng Letra that is composed of young, passion-driven individuals striving to leave a legacy in this world.
Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet
We believe that art is for everyone and passion is something that you could pass on to other people. It’s not just about creating things from your mind to reality but also being able to connect and grow with other people. Kristine and Sabrina started calligraphy out of curiosity, but as we go along the way, we have discovered that calligraphy is not just our hobby but also turned out to be our passion. Our love for letters grew even more when we had the chance to volunteer for Type Kita last December 2015. We met people who eventually became our friends because of the mere fact that we share the same passion; the passion for making letters dance.
As we continue to develop our knowledge and skills, we have decided to continue what Type Kita has taught us, to Pass on the Passion. We all understand the struggle of learning something new, you start with not knowing anything about it until you slowly find your own style. We all understand how difficult it is to test and dive into unfamiliar waters. That is why we are coming up with Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet, to inspire and to teach enthusiasts and dreamers that anything can be possible.
On the 10th of September 2016, artists and dreamers will gather to create an event that will inspire enthusiasts to start NOW.
About Maarteng Letra
What is Maarteng Letra?
- Maarteng Letra is a group of passion driven artists who wants to share their talent for the welfare of aspiring artists who have the pluck to pursue arts and crafts.
What is Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet?
- Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet is an event that would gather people who are into arts and crafts to share their stories and inspire each other. The event will be having various artists who will give their talks about how they got into arts and crafts. The event will also have mini workshops or sharing of insights and tips on how to improve their craft.
Who could attend Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet?
- As what we have said earlier, Art is for everyone. That is why anyone can be a part of this project. But due to the limited capacity of the venue, we could only accommodate a certain number of attendees. However, we assure you that Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet will continuously share and inspire in future events.
What should I bring on the pen meet?
- You could bring your pens and paper that you want to share during the pen meet. You could lend them to your co-attendees and explore the many possibilities that an art tool can do. We will also have a “Share a Pen” segment where you can exchange them with the others.
What should we expect during the event?
- The event will start with a small introduction by the organizers, Sabrina Escoto and Kristine Redillas. After that, there will various activities and talks that would enhance and help everyone be more effective in arts and crafts.
Is there a door charge when we attend the pen meet?
- Yes, there will be a Php 200 door charge inclusive of snacks and drinks.
What is the time and where is the location?
- Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet will start at 1:00 – 5:00 PM at The Office Project in Makati.
It will happen at The Office Project located in Makati on September 10, 2016 from 1-5pm.
To register and save your slot, please click here.
Details will be in the form and if you have further inquiries, feel free to send an email: email@example.com.
Hope to see you there!