It has been quite a while since I last saw this and believe me, I just stumbled on this when I googled myself because I was bored. Didn’t even know that I had a Vimeo nor remember that the video still exists because I only remember of its existence on Youtube (via Rej’s channel).
Piano Recital 2008 – Junior Year in High School
This is one of the most memorable recitals I’ve had in my entire existence.
- The piece is by Edvard Grieg and he’s one of the most magnificent pianists I know.
- This was the second to the last time that I played in the St. Agnes’ Academy (SAA) HS Audio Visual Room (AVR).
- The dress was one of my favorites up until I did not fit in anymore because I love food. 🙊
- I was the last to play that time so deep inside, I was proud of the progress that I made that year to be considered one of the best. (I just don’t quite remember if we were the oldest among the recitalists that’s why were the last ones also.)
- When I was younger (elementary years) this particular piece was already played by one of the senior recitalists (again, forgot who it was) and s/he inspired me to become better so I could play it as well.
The video was shot by my friend, Rej (of Superaena). I do apologize for the quality since back then there were no high-resolution phones and she did not have a video camera to capture it as well. The video is cut short because her phone died.
If you really know this piece, you may notice that some parts were not played since my hand were incapable of reaching some notes so I do apologize for that.
I hope you enjoyed watching!