Weeks ago, we have partnered with another brand of journals. Luckily, they are a local brand. Now, let’s meet Paper Notes.
The Paper Notes Experience
Back then, I find it really hard to discover journals that suit my taste. I spend hours roaming around bookstores and even stationery stalls to find the right one for me. Journals contain various kinds of paper. For me, it’s essential that the paper withstands the ink and the other tools I use.
Throughout the years, I used a lot of notebooks and journals alike. So far, I still find myself looking for the “right one.”
Similar to love, we always find the right match for us. But that is irrelevant to this post.
Honestly, I am very particular with the GSM of the paper and the thickness of the journal. It helps me relax when I know the paper will not bleed if I write on it using various kinds of brush pens or tools. One great thing about continuously looking for the right journal is learning that there can be one!
Meeting Paper Notes
The creatives behind Paper Notes conceived the brand by 2013. They saw the need to use and provide quality notebooks at an affordable price. Their team carefully studied the market and the manufacturing end.
The outcome of their research helped them in their decision-making process. They see the chance to provide competitive notebook products at a mid-level price that would be accessible to students and professionals alike.
Back in the latter part of 2013, their Classic Series #1 was born. It has ruled pages with six (6) different colors.
During the second wave which was late 2016, Series #2 was brought to life. Blank and ruled pages are presented to the public with 10 different colors.
It was during this series that they started personalizing and customizing their notebooks. In turn, people are satisfied with this new service of theirs.
Fast forward to 2017, their Gold line was introduced. It was still under Series #2.
This 2018, they are now with their Series #3. Their notebooks are now available in 12 different colors. You can choose the sizes if it’s A5 or A6 as well as the kind of pages it will have. Choices are blank, ruled, and dotted.
A5 dotted is already sold out. Yet, they are looking forward to restocking by the start of the Ber months. Also, they are still open for personalization of all their products.
Scribbling on the Paper Notes Journal
When I saw the package given by the delivery guy, I honestly cannot contain myself. All the excitement from the younger version of myself screamed at the top of her lungs. I felt like a kid again rushing towards mommy or daddy receiving a gift!
Then, unboxing happened.
- They packed the journals very minimalistically. It was very simple and convenient. As someone who strives to reduce waste, I do believe they did a great job at that!
- The leaflet contains essential information such as the number of leaves the journal contains. It also provides the other features like bookmark, envelope, and information on the paper.
- As you can see, I received two (2) journals. One was for Maarteng Letra and the other one is for me. As this blog post proceeds, you’ll see that I’ll share my experiences on both journals.
The A5 Journal
Maarteng Letra got their own journal just like I got my MQ journal. I wrote on the A5 journal just as I use my A6 journal. They possess different traits that are very unique from each other. One serves as a travel buddy since it’s small and can fit in small bags. The other one serves as a legit diary or art progress tracker.
Both are my scribbles on the A5 journal.
Let’s enumerate down with the basics:
- 100 gsm paper
- 160 pages
- Pen slot
- garterized string to close the journal
It’s just like the others out there, honest opinion. However, what sets them apart is the way they talk to their customers. Also, their journals have a minimalist vibe that just appeals to me.
What I love about it:
- The A5 journal is lightweight and easy to carry around. Even if you have a shoulder type bag or a messenger bag, it can fit in along with your other essentials.
- 100 gsm paper is just the right thickness (for me) when it comes to journals. It withstands the ink and does not bleed nor blot.
- The journal possesses 100 leaves of 100 gsm paper. To be honest, that is already enough.
- Before I forget, the cover is lightweight and gives a leather and grunge feel.
Personally, I love the fact that it withstands the brush pens I frequently use. Those come from Marvy Uchida, Zig, Sakura, and Pilot.
- Marvy Uchida Le Plume II (1122)
- Zig Fudebiyori
- Sakura Pigma Brush or Koi Coloring Pens
- Pilot Petit 3
The A6 Journal
This one is smaller, as stated that it’s A6. I got the dotted journal which is great for bullet journaling. Yet, that is something I have not explored yet.
Currently, I use the MQ journal for my random ideas. Sometimes, I write or jot down work-related stuff that I need to remember throughout the day. It is very portable for me since it can fit one of my smaller bags or clutch bags. So far, that is one of my most favorite features of this journal.
- Easy and lightweight, very portable and fits in some clutch bags or sling bags
- 80 gsm dotted paper
- 200 pages
Hence, anyone who wants to own a journal that they can carry around, this one is the best choice for you!
Before when I was still a full-time freelancer, I do most of my errands with just a sling bag with me. Sometimes, I regret not bringing a piece of paper and a pen because some ideas flock to my mind whenever I’m out. By the time I reach my flat, those ideas are nowhere to found. They escaped my mind already and I do not have a way of retrieving them back.
If you wonder why I stress on ideas so much, I suggest you read my review on the book, Big Magic. That book is such a wonderful and shares so many great things about creative living!
Hence, for any creative reading this, I suggest you get a journal from them!
As I kept on saying, I strongly recommend this brand.
Let me enumerate why.
- Both journals (A5 and A6) are softbound. Hence, both are easy to carry and lightweight. Their A5 journals can fit in your bags. Consequently, their A6 journals can fit your small to large bags without giving you so much trouble.
- They offer a lot of variants that you can choose from. There are blank, dotted, and ruled journals that suit your needs.
- Mode of payments is flexible. You can pay through bank deposits or transfers (if you do mobile banking) and through Paypal.
- Personalized journals for you or anyone you want to give it to.
- Their journals have 80 gsm and 100 gsm for their A6 and A5 journals, respectively. So it is fine for ink pens, gel pens, and even brush pens.
- Price-wise, it is very affordable!
But wait, I got something for you!
Also, I am happy to share that we are giving out a discount code which entitles you 10% off on all orders over Php 499 (~USD 10).
Use the code: MariaLovesPN
There you go, my dear readers. I hope you enjoy browsing their shop and hope you’ll share your experiences with us too!
Last but not the least.