This is the very first Life Lately post this 2017. I’ve actually missed writing personally. The feeling when you just want to write and share what transpired in your week. School resumed and the first week just ended. There were a lot of things that passed by and to tell you some, here’s the list of how life has been.
Life Lately: First Week High
It’s 2017 which means we have another year to use to fulfill our aspirations and goals. To be honest, it’s not that easy to do that especially if you don’t know where to start. For the younger ones, they’d usually start by listing down their goals by the end of a certain period or what they want to be when they grow up. But for the yuppies like me? How? Or for the more mature people out there who may feel a bit lost in their life, what do they do?
We think that we always have the time but we seldom maximize it. There are opportunities that knock on our doors but we choose to ignore it because it involves risk. And honestly, we just stick to what’s more comfortable. I’ve asked myself a lot of questions especially when it was enrollment day.
Is this really going to work?
You know what I answered to myself?
Don't worry about them. You'll get there, slowly but surely. Click To Tweet
Yes, of course. Don’t get pressured or discouraged. Just do things slowly but surely.
That Week After Enrollment
It was the start of a new term. I was actually happy to be classmates with people I know. It makes recitation and going to class more fun. Now, who said it’s not going to be fun in post-grad?
- This week was actually still fun because most of the professors were still not around. We were going to school to meet our classmates and get reacquainted again.
- For once, I got my library card during the first day of the week. This usually does not happen but I don’t know what struck me. I felt that borrowing a book was a good sign. A sign that this term would be okay. This term would eventually be okay.
- Being in school for five (5) days a week actually, prevents me from being lazy. Before, I only go to school for three (3) days a week because I had to still adjust my schedule. I tried to pursue gigs that would help me in my study.
- Introducing yourself in class never gets old! I introduced myself as a freelance writer (and supposedly a freelance artist also but I got shy). I appreciate my professor for that. He recognizes that there are freelancers out there and must not be ridiculed. Well, I really don’t see myself working in an office while I’m pursuing my dream.
- Thursdays and Sundays are my free days!
- I have seen activities that are on my bucket list already and I just can’t wait to have the free time again and try those!
- Another good thing was I was able to start saving again! I just hope this continues throughout the year.
Looking Forward To
This is a random part of my usual list but here goes:
- I wish that the school would eventually hear out the voices of the students. Listening and working with us will eventually bring success somehow. Just don’t cut us out.
- Good vibes for the whole term!
I guess that’s it for this post. That’s how the first week of the term went.Click To Tweet
How about you? How were your first few weeks of 2017?