This day and age, crafters from different walks of life. Some are kids, teens, or even mothers. For the month of June, we reminisce our Independence and some other holidays. Now, we salute to a mother crafter who has been creating non-toxic crayons since 2014. Let’s all meet, Karla Rubio!
Featured Artist of the Month: Karla Rubio
Crayons were our go-to artistic tools back when we were still little. It was what our teachers would always tell us to bring especially if we’re going to have an art class anytime soon in our schools. Some just buy the eight (8) crayons since young as we are back then, we sometimes lose our stuff. It would be such a dismay to lose 24 or 64 crayons in just a day or right after it was bought.
Crayons were like our treasures that we cannot let go. Our artistic bond was different as it gave us the liberty to relive our memories and imaginations the way we want it. I love my art materials just as I love the people valuable to me. The same goes for our featured artist as she crafts unique and non-toxic crayons for all ages!
Now, what do crayons mean to you? Do you still think that you could use one whenever we can?
Getting to Know Karla
What made you start with this craft?
- With Kaiea Creative, I am able to express my love for coloring and doodling with crayons back when I was still a kid. I want my daughter to have the same love and passion as I do.
- On the other hand, with Kai Tries to Draw, I am able to show my love for beaches and the art of surfing in general. These are my favorite subjects because I long for them ever since I went back to Manila.
How long have you been doing this craft?
- Eight (8) years
Why did you pursue it?
- Simple, I got tired of the “what if’s” and the corporate world.
More About Karla
Did you have struggles in pursuing the craft?
- I struggled with trying to find inspiration for my next artwork.
- I also struggled communicating my brand (Kaiea Creative) to other people when I was starting because I was shy.
“You can’t fake passion.”
What keeps you on doing the craft?
Passion. I love what I’m doing. I see myself doing my craft until I’m old.
Top 3 favorite tools?
Kai Tries to Draw
- Acrylic paints
If you are to share your tips and tricks to newbies, what would those be?
- Pursue your passion.
- Don’t let others prevent you from doing what you love.
- Find something that you imagine yourself doing for the rest of your life.
If you were to describe the craft in three words, what will those be?
Connect with Kai
Kai Tries to Draw
Kaiea Creative Crayons
Don’t forget to pin this!
Are you ready to find and pursue your passion? ☺