Favorite Fridays Movies & Series

Favorite Fridays 33: Binge Watching App

June 9, 2017

My Fave Binge Watching App

For this Favorite Friday post, it will be about my favorite binge watching app. Aside from that, it’d tackle binge watching itself and what binge truly is.

Favorite Fridays 33: Binge Watching App

Binge watching has been one of my favorite activities to do in my past time. From watching Korean drama series to local Filipino movies and series, I just love lounging whenever I’m free and watching. Recently, I just finished Goblin. It’s a very popular Korean series starring Gong Yoo!

I personally wanted to finish this as soon as possible because I don’t want to watch the dubbed version on ABS-CBN. Somehow, I feel that the dubbed version could not exactly depict the emotion given by the actor. Maybe it’s just me?

For the past few months, my mom and I have been talking about binge watching. She’s watching mo Asian series (Korean, Taiwanese, etc) and I watch both Asian and American.

My Fave Binge Watching App: iFlix

Yes, you read that right! iFlix is my fave app for watching! I have been sharing things about iFlix but I have not yet shared how much I love this app. So bear with me as it may get mushy in the end. 😂

Honestly, I forgot how I learned about iFlix. It has been a while since I have been using them. But what I truly and honestly know is that they are one of the best apps for me.

You may find that to be somehow bias but that is how I feel about them.Β 💙

So, here are the reasons why iFlix is one of my favorites!

#1 It has my Filipino indie films.

Lately, I have been watching local indie films. Ever since I have seenΒ Ang Babae sa Septic TankΒ (The Girl in the Sewers) that starred Eugene Domingo, I started feeling differently about these films.

Our local indie films may have been recognized internationally but not quite in its own country. To me, most people would still watch the mainstream films that would have the big stars in it. Moreover, some mainstream films do not even possess a very good plot in the first place.

By mainstream, I mean films produced by the big names like Star Cinema. Internationally, it’s similar to Warner Bros. So you get what I mean now?

iFlix gives these indie films more audience and chance to be appreciated by the Filipino people. So, that gives some plus points for me! 💙

#2 Korean series and movies that I certainly like!

Previously, I mentioned that I have binge watching Korean series. Having iFlix on my tablet makes life easier since I could just search for the series I want to watch. In truth, not everything is there. But they listen to what we would wish that would be in their list.

I have been tweeting them that I wish they would include Goblin in their magical content. Lo and behold! They will! I couldn’t just control my squeal when I saw their post!

About movies, they have Train to Busan in their list as well. I haven’t watched it in the big screen, honestly. Sam and I watched it through iFlix.

#3 Catching up with Filipino series is a bliss

If you follow me on Twitter, there are times that I tweet my feelings whenever I watch something (either movie or series). Not only that, but I also watch Encantadia (2016)!

Some may think that watching Filipino series is corny and so uncool but Encantadia has been part of my childhood. From pre-teen stage to teen stage, it has been one of my favorite shows!

Not only that it has Encantadia, but it has other shows from the local big television networks. So, if you’re lucky enough, you may be able to catch the local series that have ended.

#4 Affordability & Accessibility

As a freelancer and student, money could be an issue. Especially if you are struggling to make ends meet.

Little as you know that iFlix charges Php 129 per month that could be added on top of your PLDT plan or connection. But lately, that have a promo that charges around Php 300-400 ($6-8) per year!

Imagine the amount that you’ll be able to save!

In addition, it could be used and/or downloaded on:

• phones (Android & iOS)
  • tablets (Android & iOS)
  • laptop (through desktop browsers, app does not exist yet)
  • Android TV (yes!!)

Just in case you want to watch on the go, you could download the episodes prior to leaving your place. Once downloaded, you can watch the episodes while travelling or commuting.

Well, isn’t that convenient?

Wrapping Things Up

So I hope you have picked up something from this post aside from knowing that this is one of my favorites. I know that there’s also another streaming app in the embodiment of Netflix or Hooq.

But, I really would recommend this to you. It has been entertaining me for quite a while now. If you’re wondering about their support, it has been one of the best support team I have ever encountered. They would respond just even to one tweet. Even to the slightest fangirling moment, they would!

That’s it for iFlix!

That is it for this post. Let me know what you think down below!

Will you give iFlix a chance as well?

• Reply Sriparna June 14, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Good to learn about this one. I am currently just hooked up to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video apps; but I must say, these apps have so many great movies missing from their streaming list πŸ™‚
    I will check if iFlix is available in India network; I must try this after you review for sure πŸ™‚

• Reply Kylie B Zimanyi June 14, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Thank you so much for your thorough post!! I prefer not to watch TV / Video apps. I find I get addicted and literally waste days watching one to the next! πŸ™‚

The pricing of these seems really competitive though, compared to Netflix anyway! Thank you so much for your recommendation, although I won’t use it personally I have a few friends that would absolutely love this!

• Reply Mica de Leon June 14, 2017 at 3:44 pm

Hi-five on Korean Dramas and Goblin. Haha. I watched the drama before it was aired in our local television as well. I’m not fond of k-dramas being dubbed to other languages. I have to admit I haven’t tried any of those apps. I usually just stream the series I want online. The app I’ve heard a lot from others is Netflix, not much on iFlix, but i think my dad tried it last time ( free 1-month subscription ).

• Reply Milton Coyne June 14, 2017 at 10:37 pm

I never tried iflix or any similar apps on my phone yet but most of my friends have iflix too where they used to watch those episodes from their favorite programs. By the way I am also a big fan of Babae Sa Septic Tank.. it was really a cleverly-done movie.. I love Cai Cortez’s role… no dialogues yet effective haha.. I think i should consider having this app soon! It could be handy whenever I travel

• Reply Maaya Legaspi June 15, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I just started trying out iFlix! Thank heavens for their 1 month free trial! haha. And so far, so good! I agree about the indie films. I just hope that they add new ones. I am also discovering awesome series. I seldom binge watch but apps likes is really useful when you’re killing time. I also liked that it has anime series. Perfect for anime lovers like me. hehe.

• Reply Scenes From Nadine June 15, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Cool, iFlix sounds like a great app! My friends work for iFlix and told me they could hook me up, but I forgot about it. Are the shows as good as the ones in Netflix? It’s so cheap too! Maybe I should try it.

• Reply Maria June 17, 2017 at 2:41 am

Well, the only difference that I could notice is that Netflix is more capable of producing their own shows unlike iFlix. πŸ™‚

• Reply Me-An Clemente June 15, 2017 at 11:24 pm

I love watching Korean dramas too but, since I love it so much, I’m updated with the latest shows: Suspicious Partner and My Sassy Girl (try it for your next binge watching once the series are done). Anyway, I still haven’t had the chance to try iFlix. I just learned now that its focus is more on Asian shows. What we’re currently subscribed to is on Netflix. We like to watch their original series. Meanwhile, for my Korean fix, I just go to Kiss Asian πŸ™‚

• Reply Maria June 17, 2017 at 2:40 am

Will take note of those! I’m trying to finish Remember (the Kdrama) actually but still binge watching The Mentalist πŸ™‚ Thank you!

• Reply Irma June 16, 2017 at 2:32 am

I have just now learned about iflix, and it seems a good choice. I don’t watch TV series that often, but there are the times when I spend a couple of weekends in front of my TV trying to find either movies or interesting tv series. I usually get angry when I don’t succeed in my intentions, but iflix can solve my issues when it comes to finding good tv shows to watch. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

• Reply theresa June 16, 2017 at 9:36 pm

I have heard about Iflix but haven’t tried it. Not even familiar with it. Whenever I wanted to watch, be it a film or a series or anything in between, I just go to YT. I think it’s the easiest option.

• Reply Johna June 16, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Awesome! I didn’t know they were having a promo at the moment. I love watching series on it like Big Bang Theory and Friends hehe.