Movies & Series

The Magicians: Season 2 is here!

March 10, 2017

The Magicians

The Magicians is an American fantasy series that has captivated people around the globe! It is based on the novels of the same name by Lev Grossman. Anyone who loves magic, spells, and fantasy must really watch this!

The Magicians: Only on iFlix

Just an introduction, this series is an American fantasy series that brings you to a different world of magic and mystery. If you’re a Potterhead and love magic so much, this can be a great series for you to look out for! I am not a super Potterhead but I love Harry Potter. I love how he casts spells and battle evil and here, we have Quentin Coldwater.

Quentin Coldwater is portrayed by Jason Ralph. He may also be referred to in the series as “Q”. Little as you know, I just started watching this series and finally caught up with Season 2! Thank you, iFlix for having this on your list.

It has been on my list (to-watch series) for quite sometime now. If not for Sam, I wouldn’t have started watching even though I’m juggling life as we know it. Just a random note, we watch a lot of series and this has really woke up our fantasy side. It was like love at first episode! Everything was amazing. The way they shot every episode and the storyline. Honestly, it is not the usual magical series we see. Definitely worth the time!

The Story

The Magicians Cast

From L-R: Julia, Alice, Elliot, Margo, Quentin and Penny

The story follows Quentin Coldwater and his friends as they discover their magical abilities at Brakebills College for Magical Pedagogy. It is a secret grad university specializing in magic. While there, they come to realize that the fantasy world they read about as children is all too real, and poses a grave danger to humanity.

The Magicians: Only on iFlix

Catch it on iFlix!

Heading into Season 2, this group of unlikely heroes has been thrust into even more treacherous and unfamiliar territory. They must draw upon their novice skills to defeat a threat that could destroy the magical world itself. Driven by power, revenge and survival, they learn that those who enter the hauntingly beautiful world of Fillory will never be the same.

The Magicians is fresh, clever and incredibly addicting. With an extraordinarily gifted team of producers behind its production, it has captured fans of the novels, as well as attracted new audiences worldwide. We are thrilled to bring the show to Southeast Asia, exclusively for our members. Our users in the Philippines are huge fans of the series, and we’re delighted to premiere the highly anticipated second season on our service.
James Bridges, iflix Chief Content Officer

Verdict

I will definitely continue watching on iFlix! Gone are the days that you download the episode, now we just stream it. Now, I really wish that we get faster internet connection for a lower price so we could enjoy more movies and series by just streaming it. Imagine the hassle of downloading the episodes, saving it on your computers or devices. Not only it consumes time and energy, but also the space on your devices. So, streaming is the way to go!

You can catch this series when you go to iFlix. Remember, you have a free trial for a month and this allows you to access their world-class service, feature and content. The app is downloadable on Android and iOS.

• Reply Claire Santiago March 16, 2017 at 11:57 pm

This sounds interesting, but I don’t subscribe on iflix, never tried eversince, actually. I find it impractical because I know I can’t maximize it

• Reply Louisa March 17, 2017 at 1:42 am

I’ve got iFlix and I think I’ve seen this. I’m not a big fan of fantasy anime type shows which is what it seemed like to me. Having read this though I’m interested in the story line. You had me at Harry Potter!

• Reply Nora March 19, 2017 at 6:57 am

I’m not very much on fantasy series but sounds worth trying though! I’m mostly watching comedies like Modern Family, and dramas like House and Suits. In my life there isn’t that much time for television and series, but maybe some time in a plane or so I could check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Maria March 19, 2017 at 11:26 pm

OMG. I watch Suits! My fave is Harvey and I so love Jessica’s and Donna’s outfits. <3

• Reply Amila Wickramarachchi March 19, 2017 at 7:34 am

It seems this series is fantastic.I don’t have iFlix.But I’ve heard good stories about it.Though I don’t like fantasy stories much,I hope this would be a great hit among others.

• Reply Bhushavali March 19, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Sounds like cool show! I don’t have iflix, but let me catch its trailer on youtube and I like it then lemme see how to stream the episodes.

• Reply Jill March 19, 2017 at 9:35 pm

This looks like something I’d love to watch! I love magic themed shows. It kinda reminds me of Harry Potter and Now You See Me! I still prefer downloading stuff though. 🙁 I am glad you’re enjoying this kind of show.

• Reply erica March 19, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Just in time for my new-series to-watch-hunt xD thanks for sharing 🙂 These past few days I got hooked up in THE OA and other BBC dramas.. With the review, I would love to watch MAGICIANS episodes. BTW, i am not familiar with IFLIX. This is different from netflix right?

• Reply Maria March 19, 2017 at 11:28 pm

Yup, it’s totally different from Netflix. My opinion about iFlix is that it showcases more of the local indie films as well as series. Plus, I think it’s more affordable as well. 🙂

• Reply Scenes From Nadine (Nadine Smith) March 20, 2017 at 12:40 am

Thanks for this recommendation! My husband and I are actually looking for new shows to binge-watch on, so this is perfect. The story line looks interesting and mysterious, just the way we like it! 🙂

• Reply Irma March 20, 2017 at 5:01 am

I loved Harry Potter, too, but it took me some time to sit down and watch all the movies, one by one. I was not that crazy about it to wait for every part of the movie standing in line in front of the cinema and buying the premiere tickets. However, I did watch it and did read all the books.
    That’s why I think I also might love this series. I will put it on my list, and will not read further information about the series, just to avoid spoilers. 🙂

• Reply Wishingbelle March 20, 2017 at 6:24 am

This sounds fantastic and story-line is interesting. I used to watch series and movies from my laptop – those downloaded stuff before. Nowadays, it’s a bit of a challenge to find time on entertainment coz I’l surely get addicted once I started a good series. Fantasy and magic will surely keep me glued. Internet speed made me think more than thrice if I’ll subscribe to iFlix, tho. 🙂

• Reply Marge March 20, 2017 at 8:09 am

It sounds very Harry Potter-ish to me so I think I’m gonna love it. How come I have never heard of it until now. I am clearly missing out! Is it only available on iflix?

• Reply Maria March 20, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Hallo! As far as I know, yes. Unless you torrent it. 🙂

• Reply Laveena Sengar March 20, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Oh just the right post to refer. I am a big fan of series but lately haven’t been able to work it out due to the hectic schedule. Thanks for this update. I am gonna look it up.