Life Lately ST

Lovestruck March

March 19, 2017

Lovestruck March

This Life Lately post is about how lovestruck March can be for me. This is the time that I will write something more personal than the other Dear Diary or Life Lately post. This is going to be from the heart.

Lovestruck March

March is the third month of the year and for me, it’s one of the best months in the year. For some, it’s the month wherein most march for their graduation. It may also signify the end of the school year and we bid hello to summer once more! Two months of seeing and feeling the scorching sun while we relax and go to the beaches. We get our tans and salty hair but everything is worth it! This month is also the month before my birth month.

It may not be a popular fact but April is my birth month! Just a little back story, I am happy that my birthday falls on one of the summer months. This means, you could literally save on having celebrations since your friends or other people are away for vacation!

People fall in love in various ways. Some at first sight while others may have that unrequited love. Ours was a different story. It started from a simple friendship which was forged by so many elements. From being friends, which is really a strong foundation, we began dating. From dating, we got together. And as what most people would say, the rest is history.

TheΒ Lovestruck Feeling

Lovestruck March

Back in Art in Island, his pre-birthday celebration

There’s always a time during March when I get cheesy and just start writing down stuff. I used to write poems (other than writing blog posts) way back 2009. To be honest, I am not a good poet nor writer. As my sister (from another mother would say), I usually write from the heart and how I feel during that moment.

In other words, writing from the heart is always the best way to write. Forget about the rules and other matters, just write down how you feel and it’s everything.

That is how I describe my compositions before. Back in high school, I had sewn an old notebook and started composing stuff there. It was like a diary but has more sense than an ordinary diary. It contained words that described how I felt on a certain day or whenever I felt writing.

Lovestruck March

The first one

Lately, I have been composing some poems and been posting it on Instagram Stories and on Facebook (page). The photos I used are either my captures or people’s portraits. Most of the portraits are mine or Sam’s.

Writing from the heart is always one of the best ways to write. Click To Tweet
Lovestruck March

The second one ft. Sam

Sam has always inspired me to become the best version of myself. I admire his patience because I can get stubborn, hard-headed and mischievous like a kid but he’s still by my side. March is our month and he may not know that I’m writing this (or have posted this already) but, I’m happy that we are growing together and continuing to achieve our personal goals side by side. I’m continuing to pursue my post-grad studies and still do some freelance work while he works full time as an industrial designer.

I tried writing rhymes in the second one.Β  πŸ˜€

Inspiration

Having someone who continuously pushes you to be the best version of yourself is someone worth keeping. He/she is a keeper. In order for that person to really help you, you get inspired by their drive and their outlook in life. Isn’t it love?

March is really the month where my cheesiness takes a hike on the highest mountain in the world. It takes me to certain heights that it lets me compose a blog post about us. Truly, if you have friends or a special someone who pushes you and is always there for you even if you are in a deep shit or just hit rock bottom, do not ever let them go.

Treasure the people who are there when you hit rock bottom. They're the kindest of people. Click To Tweet

Dear Stephen

Lovestruck March

That Valentine’s without flowers

We are on our 6th year together and I would thank the universe and G for giving you so many patience even if mine’s way shorter than yours. You have been enduring all my drama, cheesiness, stress (at times) and the craziness and I’m very grateful for that. I may not have been the kindest of all, though I may be one of the most misunderstood of all because of being straightforward with some things but still, you handled that.

I will be forever grateful to the universe and to G for letting me meet you on that fateful day in Shakey’s Glorietta. You were wearing a plaid polo and pants while I was just wearing a shirt and pants, just a casual day. I will always remember the movie we watched that day, it was Marmaduke! It’s funny that we both love dogs, we’re both lefties and we both have a unique love for art. Are we meant to be? I think we were meant to meet each other and made our own destiny.

My love letter isn’t handwritten this time. I guess, I got lazy?Β 😂

Lovestruck March

Flashback to this photo that’s almost 6yrs old too!

Ti amo, Stephen. Hanno sempre, sempre.

• Reply Orana March 21, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Lovely tribute to your favorite month and favorite person. Isnt it great to see old photos of yourselves and see how much you’ve grown and changed together. Here is to many more March’s

• Reply Mirriam March 21, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Happy anniversary! Your love for each other exudes in all the photos that you shared, whether goofy or seriously in love, love is there. You are also right. Writing from the heart is always the best way to write. We can compose a lot of meaningful articles but, those from the heart, we will always remember.

• Reply jared's mum March 22, 2017 at 8:30 am

I know Valentine’s is well over, but it seemed like the season of hearts is back because of this post. I must agree, nothing beats writing from the heart. It is more authentic and genuine, but most especially, it is more heart-warming. Love those little poems of love! Happy anniversary and cheers to more years of love and togetherness. Nothing is happier than finding someone to love and be loved back! ^_^

• Reply Amila Wickramarachchi March 22, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Glad to see lovely photos and moments of both of you.Happy Anniversary!This post is full of love.I know that you have written it from the heartiest feelings and thoughts.Stay Blessed!

• Reply Indrani March 23, 2017 at 1:24 am

Happy anniversary! Wish you both many more years of togetherness.
    Loved reading your love story, it is so sweet. πŸ™‚

• Reply Laveena Sengar March 23, 2017 at 2:24 am

This is so sweet. Sending you lots of love and good wishes from India. Happy anniversary.

• Reply Irma March 23, 2017 at 4:14 am

I love reading about other people’s feelings, and that’s exactly what brought me here. The blog post is filled with love and makes me really happy. It is very nice when you know how stubborn and tough person you can be, and that there is always someone by your side, either to keep you company or to make you realize you are wrong. I wish you two luck in the future.

• Reply Herbert Kikoy March 23, 2017 at 4:33 am

Sweet. I like the twist of fate for the both of you. I somehow can relate because I met my wife in another place. Been into a lot of unstable relationships and just when I started to think for the better, I traveled far for a change and it was worth it. I got a decent job and a beautiful wife πŸ˜€

Congratulations on your anniversary Maria

• Reply Berlin | Momi Berlin March 23, 2017 at 8:37 am

I Love it whenever I read lines like “that person makes me be a better version of me.” Cliche yet if you truly dig in every word, you would feel and see the sincerity of each word.

I just wish you more years of twogetherness. You look so cute and very much in love on the last photo taken six years ago.

• Reply Stella the Travelerette March 23, 2017 at 9:37 am

That is nice that you have such strong feelings about March. I also think it’s very important to express your feelings. And it’s great when a relationship blossoms from friendship into dating. That is the foundation of a strong and caring relationship.

• Reply Zwitsy March 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Awe, such a sweet gesture! Valentines must have extended its celebration this month! Anyway, I really admire people who last their relationship that long. I never have had one but if ever I’d be given the chance, I hope that the one to come is just like yours, where it started as friends. I think it’s much easier to deal with a partner if you’ve known him as a friend. Well, most probably, it depends but anyhow, I wish you two to have more cheesy posts to share! πŸ™‚

• Reply Cheryl F March 27, 2017 at 3:30 pm

If love makes you a better person then it’s a great love. Anyone in a relationship should at least feel good about the relationship. If it’s not, then it’s not a good one. I’m in a 7-year-old relationship and I’m so happy that every day is an exciting day for me and my partner. Never lose the inspiration you have the first day you met. Above all, life is short. Enjoy each moments and might as well be happy.

• Reply Miranda March 28, 2017 at 10:33 am

March for me is the actually beginning of the year. Its the time when things start coming to life, wildlife and trees. Its the time of year where I feel more at peace than ever. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!