Favorite Fridays Thoughts

Favorite Fridays 31: The Type Bag

March 24, 2017

Favorite Fridays 31: The Type Bag

I have not been updating for a while. This is about my fave drawstring bag, the Type bag which was designed by an inspiring friend. She’s none other than Noni Devora. I also featured her here on FAM.

The Type Bag

Last year, we were able to create and organize an event called, The Pen Meet. Luckily, one of the guest artists present was a dear friend of mine. She’s none other than Ate Noni. To be honest, I don’t remember interacting with her even when we were younger even if we both went to the same school back then. It was just 2015 that I can definitely say that we talked! But, this is all about her Type bag!

It was through an event that we were able to converse. It was Type Kita’s event called Pass on the Passion. Literally and figuratively, the passion was passed to us, aspirants.

I’d like to apologize for not being able to update this. It has been more than a month since I did and it’s about time that I share another favorite of mine.

Details

The is from Ate Noni’s Instagram account. For the bag to be born, a collaboration was formed with Couch. The material for the bag is canvas and it’s a drawstring type of bag. Ate Noni personally paints her pouches and bags. It is such a pleasure to receive her products.

This is not a sponsored post. The bag was given to me as a gift and it is one of my favorite bags as well.

Why I love it?

This is my very first drawstring bag which was hand-painted. It’s a fact that I love stuff that is locally made. I am quite vocal with my love for local artists. They need our support. I previously shared my go-to tote bag. Now, here’s my go-to drawstring bag!

Since this bag is white, it could be matched with almost any color. Just like black! Other than that, the string is blue which is my favorite color. I think it’s the standard size for a drawstring bag?

It could fit my:

• wallet
  • power bank
  • cord
  • make-up kit (at times, I bring it)
  • earphones
  • a water bottle (if I had one)

You can wear it as an accent if you are wearing a monochromatic outfit. I did that when I wore a black top, black bottom and black footwear.

The Type Bag

I’m wearing the bag here however it may not be seen that clearly.

Not only that but I personally admire the person behind it. She’s a leftie just like me. She is also doing calligraphy but better than I do. Lastly, she is letting the world know that leftie can do calligraphy as well. It really feels different when you get a gift from someone you admire. It gives you that kilig feeling whenever.

Kilig is a Tagalog term which now part of the Oxford Dictionary.Β As a adjective, kilig means, “Of a person: exhilarated by an exciting or romantic experience; thrilled, elated, gratified,” or “Causing or expressing a rush of excitement or exhilaration; thrilling, enthralling, captivating.”

It also inspires to be better at what I do. Receiving the bag gave me a different kind of motivation that keeps me sane in the things that I am doing. Pursuing another degree and being creative is not as easy as it seems. It’s a lifelong challenge that I am willing to endure just to reach my goal.

Final Word

I am sharing this to you to shed some light on the many wonderful things that local artists do. Art may not be that well-support here but we have to start somewhere. I admire that there are events where art is the main event.

Being a creative is soul is also a struggle especially if the people you think will support you, do not. It’s a bit sad when that happens but it is a reality. Most will stick to what will do or in Filipino, “pwede na“.

Don't settle for anything. Always strive to reach your goals!Click To Tweet

Not only that, but I would love that you try to check Ate Noni’s Instagram [x] so you could see more of her products and her works. I am also proposing to you that you try supporting local artists or crafters or businesses as they need us!

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. The bag was given to me as a gift. It just felt right to share my thoughts and feelings about this bag.

Hope you’ll support the Type bag also!

• Reply Amila Wickramarachchi March 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Its a beautiful string bag.I also like such handmade or artistic items with me.The photo with your friend is beautiful.And,nice to know that both of you are lefties… πŸ™‚

• Reply Kyie March 24, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Wow! I have so much admiration for your artistic and creative abilities! The bag looks absolutely gorgeous! I can’t believe it’s hand-painted! It’s also cute that you and your friend have so much in common! It can be hard to find good friends Sometimes! Keep up the amazing work! I can’t wait to see what you create next time! πŸ™‚

• Reply Berlin | Momi Berlin March 24, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I also love it when there are efforts to promote art and all its form. Sometimes, though available, art classes are so pricey that hinder one to join and have fun. Anyway, I like it that you love your type back. It looks comfy.on.you. I do not know what is it with that kind if bag. My son is also into drawstring bag now.

• Reply Joanna March 24, 2017 at 10:34 pm

I prefer local artists myself and I remember a few years ago buying a Tshirt that was entirely hand painted and that’s why I loved it so much. I still have it. The Type bag looks really pretty and the design on it it’s so perfect. If you wouldn’t know you wouldn’t think that it was handmade. It’s great that you two are friends and that you can experience and help each other in the calligraphy journey.

• Reply KT Nielsen March 25, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Does this bag come in other colors? Maybe my cousin will like it. It is nice but I’m not the drawstring bag user. I prefer bags with structure or bags that can stand on their own when put on a table. I also like it when my things are organized inside my bag. But hey, I would love to support local artists so maybe I can get this and give to someone who would appreciate it more than I do.

• Reply Thelittlelai : Beyond limits March 25, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Wow, I always have been a big fan of people who are very artistic. I like how you came up with this idea. I like how simple the bag is and Its really beautiful. This is such well made drawstring bag and I can really feel the heart and love behind it. This should be shown in the market.

• Reply SiennyLovesDrawing March 25, 2017 at 11:31 pm

Love it! A simple yet unique drawstring bag design shared here. A good idea to have it in a canvas drawstring bag as it suits for both males & females. Noted lots of males love to use drawstring bag especially for marathon, jogging etc. For females, we can use it as casual storage e.g. I have one to store my yoga singlet & towel πŸ˜‰ cheers, SiennyLovesDrawing

• Reply Olivia | The Indy Miss March 26, 2017 at 10:21 am

Aww! I had been wondering from your Facebook DP where you got that bag! Hahaha. I agree, supporting local will make the industry far better in the business world, PLUS, give them recognition that it’s not only the international brands that can produce quality goods. πŸ™‚ Pen Meet! πŸ™ I’d love to join huhu. No word on the next one?

• Reply Maria March 26, 2017 at 7:58 pm

I think it’d be safe to say that it’s still in the works? Hahaha!

• Reply Pinay Mommy Online March 26, 2017 at 11:49 am

Oh, my gosh! She is indeed amazing! Handpainting all her products? What can be better and unique than that?! Does she commission made to order as well? Like my name in a pouch or bag? That would be awesome!

I haven’t owned a drawstring bag lately. I always needed a bigger bag because I have kids. I need to place all they need in one single bag. Hehehe… πŸ˜‰

• Reply Maria March 26, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Hallo! I think she accepts commissioned work/s. Drawstring bags are great for quick trips. πŸ™‚

• Reply theresa March 26, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Yes, I love the bag. Yesterday I was with some bloggers, igers and photographers for the IGMeet Photowalk and I noticed that most of them are wearing a bag with calligraphy quotes or phrases in it. I want to have mine as well.

• Reply Zwitsy March 26, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Now, this is awesome! This personally printed tote bag is definitely a perfect stuff to have, I assume. Aside from being handy and practically unique, I love the idea that it is produced by a local artist! I wonder how much would it cost to get one since it is a handmade one?

• Reply Maria March 26, 2017 at 7:57 pm

The last I know it costs Php 400. And it’s hand painted πŸ™‚

• Reply Elena March 26, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I love this! I respect local artists and I try to support them whenever I can. There are very talented people among them and they deserve to be appreciated for their hard work. It’s amazing that you help others get their spotlight πŸ™‚

• Reply Aica Batoon March 26, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Wow! I’ve always loved drawstring bags but I’ve never received a hand-painted one like this. Also, it can also be used in any outfit, as you have said! It’s simple but beautiful. Cheers to your friend! <3

• Reply Yan March 27, 2017 at 5:00 am

We have a loooot of homegrown talents in here and thanks to you, I get to follow another artist on instagram! Cute bag! πŸ˜€

• Reply Sam @followyouroad March 27, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I love it! It’s a great gift idea that’s useful and pretty at the same time. I’m a sucker for good calligraphy. Hope to get this kinda bag for the summer πŸ™‚

• Reply Shai Habon March 28, 2017 at 9:24 am

Yes, always support local. We have a lot of talented artists here in the country and it’s sad that sometimes they are neglected. I suggest we (bloggers) should help them promote their brands and help them spread the word.

PS. This bag is so cute. Will contact her for some commissioned works πŸ™‚

• Reply Allandale Antenero June 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm

I would love to have a bag like that. This shows the artsy of the Filipino and how you want Filipinos to support local goods, too. That;s just awesome!