FAM

Featured Artist of the Month VII

February 8, 2017

FAM: The Sab Stuff

This month’s featured artist is someone close to me. A blogger, an artist and a friend. She’s the person behind The Sab Stuff. Get to know about her more here.

Featured Artist of the Month: February 2017

The person behind The Sab Stuff is the featured artist for this month. She’s none other than Sabrina “Sab” Escoto. It’s going to be a lengthy story of how exactly we met. It started when she was still more active in the blogging scenario and would attend events and actively wrote about things. I guess it started with a specific thread on a certain community and she saw my profile and asked something about another thing. From there on, we started conversing. First, it was about blogging then it went to the arts and eventually with calligraphy. Let’s get to know her more and her artsy journey.

Getting to Know Sabrina

FAM: Sab Escoto

Meet the person behind The Sab Stuff

What made you start this craft?

I’ve been doing lettering since I was in elementary. I always found joy in making beautiful letters. I started calligraphy mid 2014, I was going through a tough time when all I realized that I needed an outlet. Before calligraphy, I would just doodle random things whenever I’m sad (see my IG.) but I came across a post on FB, some beautifully written words in script. That’s was when I grabbed my gel pen and my paper, that was when I realized that my passion is making letters dance.

In need of some courage. 😌

A post shared by Sabrina Escoto (@sabescoto) on

How long have you been doing this craft?

Related:  Art Mart BGC

Almost 2 years

Why did you pursue it?

I pursued it because I know that day by day I will get better. I pushed through will calligraphy because I know that there are people who get inspired with the things that I write.

What now?

A post shared by Sabrina Escoto (@sabescoto) on

Next Page: More about Sabrina

Pages: 1 2

• Reply Berlin February 8, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Your friend Sab is so talented. Love her calligraphy. And love the inspiring words he shared. I always wish I will be that good at calligraphy and yet I do not do something to improve myself. I always do not find time to practice though I often tell myself I would. I should really push myself to make time for it. I also love her quotes. Truly inspiring.

• Reply Me-An Clemente February 8, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I heard about Sab via a friend. She’s really popular right now because of calligraphy. And she even holds calligraphy workshops according to the friend of mine. Is it true that she already quit her job to do it full time? I’m sure she’s inspiring a lot of people right now.

• Reply Maria February 9, 2017 at 3:02 am

Hola! She’s still a community manager and that’s her day job. πŸ™‚

• Reply Bhushavali February 9, 2017 at 1:49 am

Wow! The calligraphy looks incredible. I’ve always been in awe with people who make writing look like drawing! She’s so very talented. Thanks for introducing her to me!! πŸ™‚

• Reply Joy February 9, 2017 at 7:53 am

Wow! I always wanted to learn calligraphy. I like how Sab progress in her craft. The last photo was absolutely amazing! I’m definitely one of her fan now. πŸ™‚

• Reply Ree love30 February 9, 2017 at 7:58 am

Oh wow this calligraphy brings back memories! I used to do this when I was a teenager but was never that great at a it! Sabrina does it beautifully! Ree love30

• Reply Stella the Travelerette February 9, 2017 at 8:49 am

The calligraphy is beautiful! I feel like I’ve learned a lot about calligraphy from reading your blog. And it’s nice that you decided to feature your friend Sab! I also like her advice about practicing.

• Reply Herbert February 9, 2017 at 8:53 am

Wow! I took time to check on her instagram and her works are all gorgeous. Wow just wow.. It makes me want to scribble again..

• Reply Carmela Francel February 9, 2017 at 9:15 pm

I tried calligraphy once, but I never succeeded with this hobby haha! Sad to say, I discontinued practicing it. She’s very talented, makes me want to check and follow all her accounts.

• Reply Cykaniki February 9, 2017 at 9:41 pm

You always inspire me to get back to my old self to practice dancing with my pen and be creative. You’re friend is such an inspiration as well. The good thing is that the words that she wrote are powerful and encouraging words

• Reply Carola February 10, 2017 at 2:14 am

I love her calligraphy! She’s really good at it, it looks wonderful. Glad to see it here. And she’s only been doing this for 2 years? great! ‘Don’t rush’ is a good tip! I always tend to think I need to learn everything overnight haha.

• Reply jared's mum February 11, 2017 at 1:09 am

Calligraphy is something I would really love to learn this year. I am scouting for affordable workshops as most of them are a tad bit pricey for this mum’s taste {and wallet! :P} Meanwhile, I stalk so many talented calligraphers on IG for inspiration. Your friend Sab is really good, I love how she made her letters dance! ^_^

• Reply Teresa February 11, 2017 at 8:38 pm

I like those quotes on her IG. πŸ™‚ Very inspiring quotes! I believe in them. I can relate to her. I also continue writing because I know that there are people who are inspired and helped by what I write.

• Reply Aica Batoon February 13, 2017 at 2:14 am

Wooowww she’s so damn good! <3 I've been a frustrated calligrapher ever since, but I do not have much time to practice. She's sooo inspiring, especially her perseverance. Thank you for sharing her story. Her works are beautiful! πŸ˜€ <3

• Reply Nya February 22, 2017 at 12:11 am

Wow Sabrina is really a talented artist, I love her calligraphy and watercolor work, it’s something that I can never stop admiring. As a designer, anything related to typography and arts will surely get my attention.

• Reply Rain | Words and Wanderlust February 25, 2017 at 10:31 pm

am seriously fan-girling right about now! πŸ™‚ i have a very deep respect for calligraphers as i am incapable of churning out anything pretty πŸ™‚ apart from creativity, I can only imagine how much patience and discipline such craft entails.

following Sab’s IG and checking out your Featured Artists series! πŸ™‚

• Reply Ella Ivoire March 16, 2017 at 8:50 pm

I’m in love with the layout of your blog. Really liked this article, Sabrina sounds such a cool person! I love calligraphy (maybe because I would never be able to do it?). It’s so creative and it needs so much patience!