Movies & Series

Train To Busan, Only on iFlix!

January 30, 2017

Train To Busan

Last year, this movie shook may lives. Train To Busan has created a record that is so hard to surpass. If you watched this film, you’ll know definitely know what I’m saying.

Train To Busan

This film captured so many hearts and destroyed so many at once. Well, mine was destroyed because of the unforeseen events in the film. At first, I really thought this film was going to be horror/thriller film all the way. But, it wasn’t. I am carefully typing this because I don’t want to accidentally spoil you about the film. Others may not have seen it yet.

From award-winning director Yeon Sang-hoTrain to Busan follows a group of passengers who must survive a zombie outbreak while on a speeding train. As the mysterious viral outbreak pushes Korea into a state of emergency, divorced absentee father Seok-Woo, played by award-winning Korean star Gong Yoo (Goblin, Coffee Prince), his daughter Su-an, expecting couple Sang Hwa (Dong-seok Ma – Midnight FM, The Good, The Bad, and The Weird) and Sung Gyeong (Yu-mi Jung – Silenced, Our Sunhi), and a small group of uninfected passengers band together to reach their destination alive.

Read: My Binge Watching Essentials

Train To Busan

Nominated for multiple Best Film awards, Train to Busan has broken box office records across Asia and received critical acclaim since premiering at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival’s Midnight Screening. Hailed as one of the best zombie films ever made, it joins iFlix’s exceptional library of popular and highly acclaimed exclusives, including worldwide smash hit Mr. Robot, the award-winning crime drama Fargo, terrifying new series Channel Zero: Candle Cove, Korean drama series The Legend of the Blue Sea (which is one of my ultimate fave Kdramas), new breakout fantasy series The Magicians, drama Aquarius, and many more.

We’re committed to providing the best entertainment available to our members across the region. Train to Busan, not only appeals to fans of Gong Yoo or Korean dramas, but to Sci-fi enthusiasts as well as action buffs. It’s a global hit that transcends genres, and we’re excited to premiere it, only on iflix.
Sherwin Dela Cruz, iFlix Philippines Country Manager

Train to Busan

Now available in Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Brunei, the Maldives, and Pakistan, iFlix will continue to roll out its world-class service to key additional emerging markets in the coming months.

Related:  Share The Love This Christmas [GIVEAWAY]

Offering consumers, a vast library of top Hollywood, Asian regional, and local TV shows and movies including many first-run exclusives and award-winning programs, each subscription allows users to access the service on up to five devices, including phones, laptops, tablets, and television sets, for viewing wherever, whenever.

iFlix subscribers can also download TV shows and movies from iFlix’s extensive catalog for offline viewing. The service is priced at only Php129 per month in the Philippines for unlimited access with no ads!

For new subscribers, iFlix offers a complimentary 1-month trial with full access to its world-class service, features, and content. Go to www.iflix.com to register.

• Reply Marge February 4, 2017 at 10:32 am

I watched this on a Facebook link that a friend gave me and just like you, I was sort of heartbroken by the end of the story. But I still wouldn’t have it any other way because that’s what makes it more interesting. This is one of my all time favorite zombie movies and that’s saying a lot because I happen to be a fan of zombie stories (yes I am The Walking Dead fan too).

• Reply Aica Batoon February 7, 2017 at 8:41 pm

This will always be one of the best movies I’ve ever watched. It’s like everything all in one – horror, thriller, a little bit of comedy, romance, action, drama… I watched on cinema and the feeling were overflowing. Thank God it is now on iFlix! I couldn’t wait to watch it again.

• Reply berlin domingo February 8, 2017 at 7:04 am

Honestly, I do not have any idea how iFlix works. And I do not know the many advantages and disadvantages (if there’s any) of iFlix. I just use the television set every Monday to watch The Walking Dead and the rest of the day, it is tuned in at Baby TV. Anyway, Train to Busan is one of those films that not only teaches a lesson but made me remember I am such a crybaby. I cried mostly while watching the film. It was so touching yet the humor, action and a bit of romance were still there.

• Reply Herbert February 8, 2017 at 7:56 am

Saw this first from a CAMRip version. Very good movie. Koreans are really good at this genre, i guess… A friend of mine recently share a 1 year iflix subscription, I guess I will be watching this movie again 🙂

• Reply RUBZONLINE February 16, 2017 at 7:28 pm

I watched Train to Busan with my friends on the big screen. It was fun watching with a lot of people. Anyway, I am a fan of Gong Yoo. I saw it on my iFlix subscription too, but I am busy with Emerald City right now. So far, I am satisfied with my subscription with them.

• Reply Maria February 16, 2017 at 9:09 pm

I’m curious about Emerald City. I’ve seen the trailer and it’s not the usual Wizard of Oz plot. I’m finding time to watch it. Hopefully after I finish The Magicians! 🙂

• Reply Annabella I zkbuzybuzz February 16, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Saw this movie and it still made me jump off my seat on the third time. Gong Yoo really has some acting chops. He’s so versatile! From the goofy character on Coffee Prince (rich-looking character definitely suits him well) to this one. He’s really one of the best Korean actors! I cried watching this movie.

• Reply Maria February 16, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I did cry too! Especially during the last part towards the ending. I was so worried about the two. Literally, I was sobbing. 🙁

• Reply Louisa February 17, 2017 at 4:11 am

I surprisingly enjoyed Train to Busan. It had heart, action, thrill, comedy all making a great movie formula. I’m an iFlix user myself and love that it provides me plenty of movie choices. Seriously, there’s not enough time.

• Reply jared's mum February 17, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I am not a fan of Koren films and actors but I absolutely loved this film! Even my little man enjoyed watching it. It was a nerve-wracking and heartbreaking film to watch. I just wish the ending was not as sad. I heard they are making a sequel, I sure hope it will come out soon. Might just plan to catch it on the big screen this time around!

• Reply kareen liez datoy (@blessedliez) February 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm

We have iflix in the house and it is so nice that we can watch whatever we want without any ads. And yes, they have Train to Busan now. But my favorite is Legends of the Blue Sea. Haha. I watch at least one episode in a day.

• Reply ROBERT LEE | Amazing Life Daily February 23, 2017 at 10:30 pm

I had been wondering about this movie for some time. Before when it was first shown, it really created a buzz. But I was not interested in horror or zombie type movies are not my thing. Also, I thought the buzz was more like a fad. Like because everyone was talking about it, that makes people want to watch. But most people seem to like the movie… so why not, right?

• Reply Angelie March 6, 2017 at 3:53 am

I used to have IFlix’s app on my phone. I loved it! But I eventually had to delete because it made me binge watch for days I wasn’t able to get anything done because of it. Anyway, I have watched Train to Busan once and I loved it. It made me cry endlessly. I haven’t watched it again for the reason that the story is so good that it makes me really sad.