FAM

Featured Artist of the Month VI

January 4, 2017

FAM Marjo Lozano

New year, new post! Ahoy! Get to know the first featured artist for 2017! It’s none other than, Marjo Lozano. She’s also a part of Maarteng Letra. Let’s take a peek on what she has got for us!

Featured Artist of the Month: January 2017

I met Marjo when we both volunteered for Type Kita: Pass on the Passion last December 2015. She is a graduate of De La Salle – College of Saint Benilde, just like me! She took up Multimedia Arts and now finding her way in this world. I admire her for her creations. For the Pen Meet that was held last September, she was the one who created the banners that we utilized for social media postings. Now, we get to know her more and what inspires her to do art.

Getting to know Marjo

FAM: Marjo Lozano

Marjo Lozano

What made you start this craft?

Passion. Plus the field that I’m into.

FAM: Marjo Lozano

Lily Collins (from her Behance)

How long have you been doing this craft?

I can’t remember how long but I guess its only been a year when I finally decided to pursue it. I’ve been doing watercolour illustrations ever since I was in high school.

Why did you pursue it?

Passion and its a form of escape because there’s a euphoric feeling every time I am making one.

FAM: Marjo Lozano

Banner for The Pen Meet

Pages: 1 2

• Reply ROBERT LEE | Amazing Life Daily January 6, 2017 at 2:40 am

That’s the advantage of someone who could create visuals and graphics arts. There are so much room and flexibility. And considering that people are more visual as opposed to reading, then that means there is a lot of opportunities out there. Even better is that there are many works that can be done anywhere in the world, and your friend could be one.

• Reply Marge January 6, 2017 at 4:01 am

I wish to be featured on this but I am not that kind of artist hahaha… I am of the writing kind. I wish though that I can draw or illustrate like the artists that feature here. Anyway I am going to check out Marjo’s work, I might even commission her to do something for me. It’s nice to learn about artists like her. They do deserve the exposure.

• Reply Nilyn January 6, 2017 at 8:10 am

People like you guys are awesome! I can’t be trusted when it comes to arts like calligraphy and painting or drawing or even writing! haha. I’m more inclined to music. I like how simple she is with her answers. So different from writers na with all the flowery words. She’s so direct to the point, hehe. More power to her.

• Reply Laveena Sengar January 6, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I really truly adore arts and crafts. Graphic designing is my passion since a Time back and I am determined to learn it as soon as I possibly can. Any suggestions?

• Reply Carmen January 6, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Oh how I wish I had this talent. I would love to be able to manipulate watercolours to create serene landscapes, or vibrant scenes, things that scream passion and dedication! I’m in awe of people who can transfer an image in their heads into a physical masterpiece!

• Reply GIORGOS SPYRIDAKOS January 6, 2017 at 6:03 pm

I think that I am the worst person on the planet when it comes to arts and graphic design stuff! I have no imagination whatsoever and that’s why I admire so much these people that can actually do this really successful and especially those that make this their basic income stream!

• Reply Swayam Tiwari January 6, 2017 at 11:39 pm

And they say that search engines like long content in the form of text and words! This is awesome and creative. The second image-the one that has a face of a girl- is so surreal!Your post is giving me ideas on how to insert capturing images on my blog.
    Well done..hope to see more of your creativity.

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) January 7, 2017 at 12:20 am

Amazing Lily Collins art! And most of all, I love how she dresses too. It’s like her art is an extension of herself 🙂 Great series by the way. We should recognize more and more artists. Their creativity is inspiring 🙂

• Reply Veronica January 7, 2017 at 1:49 am

I love Marjo’s outfit! She is very stylish and talented. Her works are truly inspiring. Thank you for telling us about her.

• Reply SiennyLovesDrawing January 8, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Wow! Impressive write up to feature Marjo as an artist! Hmm…always happy to read up about other artists as I love art & always can learn from other artists and build up our skills. I am a self taught doodle artist actually, don’t get to study art due to none supportive parents as they worry about whether I can earn enough for my living as an artist. So, I listened to them & studied accounting instead. However, am now pursuing my art passion on part time basis 🙂 Really wish I can be featured by you too in the future 🙂

• Reply Aika January 9, 2017 at 6:33 am

Ang galing ng artwork niya. 🙂 I look up to artists like you guys. galing galing,. blessed with hands that can draw emotions. hay. ako kaya kelan mafifeature dito? i mean, kelan kaya mafifeature yung art ng creative planning we planners do. hahaha. you know i read your blog. nice to read a new entry! <3

• Reply Melissa January 11, 2017 at 1:01 am

I love her artworks especially of Lily Collins. I’ve been forever trying to do something like that stained glass window effect on Photoshop but I’ve been failing miserably. 🙁 Huhu. You artists make it look so easy so thanks for the inspiration! I’ll try again. After all, Marjo said to keep practicing. 🙂

• Reply Kcalpesh Ajugia January 21, 2017 at 4:04 pm

The banner for the pen meet looks neat. Loved the artwork of Lily Collins. Looks brilliant that one. I guess with arts, when you want to pursue it, you need to go after it like 200% and success will sure knock your doors…

• Reply Danica February 7, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I envy you guys who can work well with art. How I wish I was born with that talent! Haha! I love to appreciate art but it looks like art doesn’t like me back. POOR ME. Hahaha. Keep doing what you’re doing guys and you’ll inspire a lot like me!