Dear Diary

Adios 2016!

January 10, 2017

Dear Diary: Adios 2016!

Even though this post may be weeks delayed [because it was supposed to be written during the last week of December but a typhoon struck our area] but here’s why I’m happy while saying goodbye to 2016!

Adios 2016!

Honestly, I am bittersweet about 2016. The first half of the year, I fell in an abyss wherein I allowed the dark force conquer me. The struggle is real when you feel that in almost everything you do, something is always there to hinder it. You have to accept the dark force, let it in. Learn its weakness and steer it away from you. You make it your strength and conquer your other problems.

On the bright side, I had encountered so many ups as well! Volunteering for events related to the arts and crafts made me realize something.

There are no shortcuts in life. You really have to face every hardship that come your way. Click To Tweet

Some people want to have an easy life and acquiring what they want easily. Even to the extent of not shedding a single drop of perspiration! Well, personally, I doubt that they would live that long with that kind of mentality. Anyway, I’ll be sharing the things or events that I’m grateful last 2016!

I am grateful for 2016 for a lot of things. There had been opportunities, new friends and new tools to exploit! Haha!

• 2016 made me meet new bloggers, attend events, collaborate with fellow blogger/s and brands as well. It brought me closer to companies and brands that I really love.
  • Personally, I would like to thank 2016 for allowing us to create Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet! It is the very first event that we were able to organize and really push through. To be honest, I was so scared about pushing the event. What if people found the venue too far or the cost to be too expensive or be it too boring. Nevertheless, I am very grateful for the people that I was able to collaborate with people who helped me through the planning, organizing, strategizing and even marketing it. Even if the event has long ended, I still remember things vividly like it was just yesterday.
  • I have joined many communities online that allowed me to share my works. It doesn’t matter if nobody reacts to it. It makes me happy that I’m able to share my works with the world. If my work gets noticed, it makes me leap with joy! However, I always remember that there are still those out there who are better than me. So, I always keep in mind to keep my feet firmly on the ground.
  • Last but not the least, I’d like to thank 2016 for all the wonderful and the not so wonderful things that happened. For the people who chose to stay, thank you. For those to chose to depart, well, that’s your choice.

Last but not the least, thank you 2016 for making me stronger for 2017!

Adios!!

• Reply Ana Rose | Roads and Pages January 11, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Your 2016 was a blast when it comes to your blogging. I congratulate you on that. I am also thankful having found out Facebook Groups where I got most of my commenters. I think that those bad days in 2016 just help us to be a better person. Sometimes, I see them as blessings in disguise. There are things in life that we can only appreciate more if we experienced those down moments.

• Reply Kcalpesh Ajugia January 11, 2017 at 1:57 pm

I guess the only right approach to achieving your goals is to really go after it and do everything that it takes to achieve. Procrastination and laze and lack of determination isn’t going to get us anything. I believe taking this understanding into the new year is a good way to good bye to 2016…

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth January 11, 2017 at 2:29 pm

It was sad to hear that the first half of your 2016 was kinda bittersweet. However you manage to pull things over and came up with a wonderful year end with so many great things to be thankful for. Congratulations and may you keep up that happy and positive disposition in life. Cheers to more of life’s wonderful surprises for you this 2017! 🙂

• Reply Abie January 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm

You’re right and there are no shortcuts in life and we have no choice but to face the challenges that come along our way. Sabi nga nila kung me pinagdadaanan ka, daanan mo lang. I am glad to know that you met new friends through events and collaborated with fellow bloggers. I am hoping I can grow my network as well this year. Cheers to a better 2017!

• Reply Ma. Clarice Lao January 11, 2017 at 7:53 pm

I have always believed that thankful people are successful people. I am happy reading all the things you are thankful for and that makes your 2016 unique and wonderful. May you have bigger and better 2017.

Congratulations on your first event. I am also taking a leap of faith and starting my first event next week. 🙂

• Reply Cykaniki January 11, 2017 at 9:55 pm

There’s always a good and a bad side, I’m happy that you bounced back and learn a lot and did have a lot of breakthrough, congratulations on your blogging career, more collaboration to come and have a blissful new year

• Reply GIORGOS SPYRIDAKOS January 12, 2017 at 9:04 am

Every day we have to struggle with the bad and the good side of the things. 2016 concerning the blogging was a good year for you, I wish 2017 to be twice as good!

• Reply SiennyLovesDrawing January 12, 2017 at 9:26 am

Wow! You had a great 2016! Am sure you have learnt a lot too. Your a week of delay in sharing this blog post is fine. Frankly, I have yet to really sit down & reflect on my 2016 though. However, I wish to have a healthier 2017 & guess what? I have signed up for my gym membership! Happy 2017! 😉 cheers, SiennyLovesDrawing

• Reply Teresa January 12, 2017 at 10:08 am

I agree with you. We really have to face the hardships we need to face. My 2016 was full of challenges also. But my blessings were greater than my challenges. I shared about my 2016 here: http://www.handsonparentwhileearning.com/top-take-aways-from-the-past-year-goodbye2016/

• Reply Swayam Tiwari January 12, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I look to 2017 as an year that is good for my family, work and health-not in the same order. 2016 has been a mixed bag for me and even as I write this, I promise to work at least 4 times as hard as I did last year. But . this post being written by you, I would say all the very best for 2017.
    And yes, there are no shortcuts in life.

• Reply Johna January 13, 2017 at 7:51 am

Sounds like you had an amazing year! I love reading year ebd post like this hehe. I hope that your 2017 bigger, brighter and better ☺☺☺

• Reply KT Nielsen January 17, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Glad to have read that you overcame the trials that you had to face in early 2016 and that you were able to finish the year and welcome the new one head on. I agree that indeed there are no shortcuts in life. You have to go through everything that you were destined to go through and it is up to you on how you will deal with the situation. Nonetheless, whatever happens you won’t be at the losing end because you will always at least learn lessons from every experience you encounter.

• Reply ROBERT LEE | Amazing Life Daily January 19, 2017 at 9:37 pm

People come and go, regardless if it was a choice or not. So, it is important that no one stops you, hold you back. Even as some people have to be let go, just like this 2017, you know there are new people coming that may prove to be real connections. Stay positive always, and bid the past experiences goodbye, but always remember.

• Reply Chardy January 21, 2017 at 1:39 pm

I guess you can say that Life really is a cycle of ups and downs and trying to figure things out and be ahead of te game would only confuse you as nothing is certain. I was kind of happy that I read this post. It just proved to me that my 2016 is just like everyone elses— difficult and challenging but not hopeless. Life is beautiful, it’s time that we all appreciate that.

• Reply Nora February 16, 2017 at 12:31 am

You’ve achieved a lot last year! Especially what comes to blogging. I hope this year will be even better! I hope that at the end of 2017 I can say that I’ve achieved as much in field of blogging as you have last year. Working with brands you love is amazing, and so is doing collaborations with all the interesting bloggers! 🙂

Xo Nora / https://dreamerachiever.com