Places Thoughts

Mini-Vacation at Parque España

November 21, 2016

After my stressful midterms, it was such a pleasant feeling to spend a night here at Parque España Residence Hotel. It felt like a home away from home!

Parque España Residence Hotel

In this busy region that we are currently in, it’s hard to look for a place to just relax and calm down after a tiresome week. So thank you to  Parque España for being our fairy godmother and making our wish come true! From studying and writing notes to digests, it such a wonderful feeling to stay in a hotel and just unwind. Forget all the stress that the city gives and reunite with yourself.

Parque España Residence Hotel

Facade of PERH

For a person pursuing a post-grad degree and has a double life of being a creative person, it’s hard to get inspiration and study at the same time. There’s always a need for balance. The left side of the brain works quite differently from the right side. From experience, it’s hard at first but when you have a schedule then everything works.

The Mini-Vacation

It was so timely that we were invited by PERH to have a mini-vacation or staycation at their establishment. I was with Nicole back then. She was conducting a research on hotels since she’s taking up BS-HRIM (Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management) at De La Salle – College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB). We were so happy to be given a chance to stay a very refreshing and wonderful place!

Parque España Residence Hotel

A lovely seat at their lobby.

When we entered the hotel, we were greeted by a refreshing sight and colorful decorations. My eyes fell in love with the whole environment of the place. We checked in and got our keys. We toured around with my dear friend Gjen.

We visited last October so the decorations you’ll see are of the Halloween theme. Their theme is Dia de los Muertos which was influenced by the movie The Book of Life.

The Room

Parque España Residence Hotel

What we saw when we got in our room.

We were given the One Bedroom Deluxe located at the 5th floor which has a lovely view. It has a kitchen which has a rice cooker, electric kettle, iron, refrigerator, and a microwave oven. You could cook your own food because they have provided the appliances need as well as the utensils that you need. There are coffee sachets, sugar, and creamer.

The room has also a tv which has a high-res cable connection as well as in the bedroom. Their bedroom has a queen-size bed with such fluffy pillows that will surely keep your stay comfortable! Cabinets were there where you could store your clothes. They have provided an ironing board, laundry bag, safe and a price list for their in-house laundry. Just in case you need it!

While we were flipping through the channels, we came across a local tv network which has an HD channel. We really saw the details of their faces, up to the flaws and imperfections.

Our dining table has a lovely set-up for three even if we were only two there. There were yummy banana chips, fruits, and utensils we could use for our stay.

One Bedroom Deluxe at Parque España Residence Hotel

Table setup for three

Next Page: The Food

Pages: 1 2 3

• Reply The Local Folke Co. November 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

The Interior is to die for! this place is definitely within our niche. Hope that we could visit soon. thank you for sharing! Nice photos as well! hope we could collaborate soon with your calligraphy works.

xoxo
    TLF

• Reply Maria November 21, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Hola! Thank you! Yes, it’s definitely worth the visit. 🙂 Sure, I’m open for collaborations. <3

• Reply Charlotte Anne November 21, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Wow! I want to try Parque Espana too. The room is definitely to lust for and the view too. Hope I could visit this place soon.

• Reply ROBERT LEE November 22, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Hey, nice of you to have a staycation and blog about it. I rarely go to Filinvest, though. I am pretty sure I have seen the hotel the few times I was in the area. Siguro if I were going to pick one thing nice, it is the concept of having service apartment style rooms. I value separate bedrooms and sala in hotels/service apartments. As a matter of fact, my first choice has always been Ascott. One thing the management could do is to use wallpaper to decorate the walls.

For homes, I really discourage wallpapers. But in hotel rooms, I personally do not like blank painted walls.

• Reply Thelittlelai : Beyond limits November 22, 2016 at 2:48 pm

This Hotel is truly lovely, I love the green surrounding and the view. The deluxe room is really that big and would love to rest my jaded body on the comforting bed. The overall set up is truly organized. Well written review and stunning photos.

LaiAriel

• Reply KT Nielsen November 22, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I’ve never stayed in Parque España before but oh my that gazebo near the pool looks to be a great place for some fresh air. It’s a nice place to relax and just enjoy the expansive metro view. Their rates are pretty reasonable also especially the weekend rates. I’ll put this in my list for when I am near the area and would need a place to stay.

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth November 22, 2016 at 10:35 pm

I love staycations! And i had a looongggg list of hotels and serviced apartments that im planning to visit. This one seems to be nice. I love the curtains at the lobby? It gave the hotel a very homey feel… the room looks comfy too!

• Reply Carola November 23, 2016 at 4:16 am

I love the room! I love the colors and there’s a lot of space. I also love it when an hotel has a gym! I started going to the gym recently and it’s nice if you can just proceed during your holiday! I would definitely try out some things there.

• Reply Maerose JS November 23, 2016 at 4:49 am

Is this place in the Philippines? Cool! It’s wonderful to learn about vacation spots like this one, where one can relax or focus and be productive on something. I’d have to comment on the font size though… It’s too small. haha 🙂 Nevertheless, I find the article/s informative. Love the fancy and playful interior of the room. I’m sure families with little children will enjoy a staycation there, perhaps stay longer than a couple of days. Also , Ilike the resto.. especially the choco chip cookies, as seen from the short intro vid! Hope you got the inspiration and rejuvenation you need! Cheers!

• Reply Arrianne Guzman November 23, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Nice! I like the apartment/condo vibe of this hotel. How’s the price? Interiors may not be the coziest I have seen but the homey feel is definitely to look after for 🙂

• Reply Maria November 23, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Hola! You may turn to page 4 of the post, you’ll see the prices there. 🙂

• Reply Sheri November 23, 2016 at 3:07 pm

It is beautiful here, I love staycations because sometimes in life you just need a break and a few days of rest and relaxation without having to get on a plane to a different country. This place looks like it would be ideal to do just that!

• Reply Chardy November 23, 2016 at 3:42 pm

The place looks amazing! I love hanging out and resting at places like these. I have a question, how was the people also staying at the place? Were there a lot of people? I appreciate also the style and the colors of the place, very elegant and sophisticated.a

• Reply Maria November 23, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Actually, there were only a few that we saw there. It wasn’t crowded or anything. Well, maybe because we visited during the weekdays? 😛

• Reply Milton Coyne November 25, 2016 at 1:55 am

Wow I love the interior.. it looks small yet its very cozy and neat and I guess those are the qualities that matter the most! I love all your shots. The table set up is really creatively captured!

• Reply Flordeliz Fullo November 25, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I love the colors of the walls, the blue tones look relaxting to me. Is it located in Manila also? The view from the window is very nice, great for a fresh morning start.

Floree of http://www.angelfloree.com

• Reply Yan November 25, 2016 at 11:01 pm

I thought this was at Espana haha, Alabang pala! Oooh, no wonder the layout of your room is that way, it was meant to be a condo pala hehe. Nice and cute place! 😀

• Reply ROBERT LEE November 26, 2016 at 3:30 pm

I came back to watch the video. 🙂 I think there are improvements that can be made, so I hope you do not mind this at all. I’d like to see people. People walking in and out of the lobby. People getting food from the buffet table. I think people using/enjoying the offerings of the hotel delivers a powerful message of experience in the hotel. 🙂

• Reply Aika November 28, 2016 at 4:59 am

Nice place here in the city. I like the interior inside the room. Very cozy. It’s an instagram friendly place. Hahaha. Bet you really enjoyed. I would want a great staycation too. Hey, it’s december. It’s not too late for me to book for one.

• Reply Bea December 1, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I thought it’s somewhere in Espanya. I would love to check it out sana for the Paskuhan overnight! But it’s too far from me. The room seems like a condo than a hotel room for me which is nice. It’s like home. You so lucky to be able to try it for free. And it looks so peaceful and not crowded.

• Reply Angelie Pangilinan February 22, 2017 at 6:07 am

I love that they lets you cook for your own food. Not many hotels do that and some even charge horrendous corkage fees. I guess its perfect for families traveling together because they’ll get to save on food costs. That is if they were on a budget. 🙂

• Reply Louisa May 4, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Looks like a cozy place to stay in. Muted tones in design makes it seem like a more relaxing place to stay. I’ll have to keep this in mind. First reading I thought it said Paranaque.

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth October 20, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Been seeing this whenever im in alabang. Filinvest is my go to place for some change of scenery bcoz im from the South. And so many times i was tempted to purchse vouchers from deal grocer to try this out. Glad i was able to read your review about it. This place looks cool! And the food seems to be very comforting! The kind of meals me and my kids would always enjoy! We’ll definitely book this soonest! 🙂