Places Thoughts

Reasons Why Love Uni Lounge

October 21, 2016

For the past months, I have been wishing for a place similar to a coworking space to be present here in Taft. And after sometime, my wish was granted. Thanks to the kind genies! 💙

Reasons Why You’ll Love Uni Lounge

Long ago, I was wishing for a place similar to a coworking space to be present here in Taft. Life here is really challenging especially if you have super long breaks (at least 6 hrs). And you do not have a place nearby to stay. I was lucky then because I live nearby.

Spending your long breaks just staying inside the school vicinity could really drain you. You may feel pressured with all the tasks at hand. It may shock you. You’ll feel tired and eventually, look for a place to chill and recharge.

Back then, the only thing closet to Uni Lounge was cafes. And speaking from experience, it drained me even more or just made me lazier.

What’s Uni Lounge?

Reasons Why You'll Love Uni Lounge

Basically, it’s a space where you can study, work (for freelancers, entrepreneurs, etc) and chill at the same time. The place located near universities and colleges along Taft Avenue. It’s most accessible to students from De La Salle University (DLSU) since it’s just in EGI (Taft Tower).

It is a clean, comfortable and cozy (for me) place where you could meet up with your friends, catch up with your colleagues or have meetings with your clients. Alongside those that I have mentioned, you get to have access to the internet, unlimited coffee and snacks, numerous charging outlets for your gadgets.

How can you study/work/chill at the place?

Luckily, I won their promo wherein you’ll just have to share the photo and make sure your post is public. I even invited my friends to join since I know that the place is great. So yay for the first free hours!

Before they even opened, I saw a little bit of the inside of the place. I was in EGI days before their opening and got really curious about it.

If you want to try it out, here’s the price range:

Uni Lounge: Price Guide

Price Guide

• For the first three (3) hours, Php 150 (USD 3.11)
  • For additional hour/s, Php 50 per hour (USD 1.04)
  • For meeting rooms (up to 6 pax), Php 300 per hour (USD 6.23)

Promos:

• For six (6) hours, Php 250 (USD 5.19)
  • For unlimited stay (I’m guessing from their opening until closing), Php 350 (USD 7.27)

To be honest, I’d rather stay here than in any cafe. Why? For Php 350, you could stay already from 7am ’til 3am (the next day) and have unlimited coffee! Unlike in cafes, some would just limit your stay for around 3 hrs and that would still depend on what you order. I think, that’s quite abusive since most of the people who would go there are students who are living on an allowance.

Rules and Regulations

Every establishment has their own set of rules and regulations to follow. Of course, people must be conscious of their decorum and how they act inside the space. I noticed with young couples is that they love to do PDA. Sometimes, it’s cute but sometimes it’s not!

General Rules at Uni Lounge

General Rules

General Rules:

• No Smoking
  • No Vandalism
  • Reduce Noise (Of course, respect the others who are doing something.)
  • No PDA (Hallelujah!!)
  • No Corkage Fee
  • Food and Drinks (Food is allowed except if it smells. If you’re looking for an example: those are tuyo, daing, galunggong, bagoong. Or, fried fish, seaweed paste and the like)
  • CLAYGO (which stands for Clean As You Go; a rule that has stuck with me since 2009)

2nd Floor Rules:

• No Vandalism
  • No Shoes Allowed
  • Food and Drinks (Only snacks and bottled drinks are allowed.)

For the drinks, they have barako coffee and you may do your own coffee since they provide powdered coffee, sugar, and creamer. Complete with a stirrer and cute mugs!

Personally, I like their rules. Why?

Vandalism makes a place look dirty especially if what was placed were disgusting words, puns or inappropriate illustrations. I’ve witnessed a place which was one of my faves turn into my least fave place to go here in Taft. Smoking can seriously kill you and others have allergies which make them instantaneously sneeze when they smell even just when you pass by. Noise is a big distraction especially to the people who are focused on finishing something. It could disrupt the flow in your system. PDA is somehow self-explanatory. CLAYGO instills discipline in whoever practices it. I attest to that!

Those are just simple rules that I hope people will follow and do. Even if there are people who could wash the glasses or serve you food, always remember to appreciate their efforts to make the place more comfortable for you.

Next Page: Reasons why you’ll love this place as I did 😊

Pages: 1 2 3

• Reply Milton Coyne October 22, 2016 at 12:17 am

First of all, i love that I am seeing Baybayin characters here in your blog… as much as I want to do the same Bluedreamer has so many standalone consonants haha
    Anyway back to the topic.. this is really unique to me.. it is such a student-friendly place.. i think this is a perfect place for people who are preparing themselves from an exam.. since the place allows them to focus more in their studies

• Reply Louisa October 26, 2016 at 7:17 pm

This looks like a great place to work. I’ve been working at home for over 5 years now. Sometimes I think of going to co-spaces like this. The prices are really friendly and rules aren’t at all hard to follow.

• Reply ROBERT LEE November 4, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Okay ang concept na iyan. Sa Starbucks sige lang tambay, me saksakan pa. Sa CBTL naman, they removed the sockets para no one could charge. After several months spending 6 days a week at CBTL, paying anywhere from 120 to 600+ pesos per day, I gave up on them. For sure, Uni Lounge is going to be successful. Bilang na kasi nila ang rates and profitability. Basta they get enough number of people, okay sila. Really good concept and hope for more like them.

• Reply Jenny November 6, 2016 at 8:35 pm

This is a cool concept. Personally I really enjoy working from my home, I don’t want any distractions. But this place looks amazing for those who perhaps don’t have the discipline to work or study at their house. The price was great as well, unlimited coffee and snacks… Cozy!

• Reply ROBERT LEE November 7, 2016 at 12:16 am

I have to agree with you. While it is nice to be in a cafe to break the routine, I have lately been staying at home more. In both cases, there are distractions, if we allow it. 🙂 But when it comes to writing seriously, like you, I prefer the home where it is quiet.

• Reply Carola November 7, 2016 at 5:44 am

This indeed sounds like a good place to study! Unlimited snacks and coffee is great. It’s nice that you don’t have to spend extra on that. And if looks like it has everything else you need as well. Good lighting is very important. And affordability is one of the important things as well indeed!

• Reply Fenrile November 7, 2016 at 7:01 am

I never knew such place. Even though I knew some exist, I never went to any apart from the ones dedicated in schools/uni. It’s a really cool one. For the price with WiFi, Plugs and unlimited coffee it’s quite awesome, especially the unlimited coffee! But the place itself looks really cool and cosy with the sofas and all. I think it’s a great mix between studying and chilling that definitely feels better to study in those conditions

• Reply Chessica Mirasol November 7, 2016 at 11:17 am

The rise in coworking spaces and lounges like these is rampant these days, I noticed! You see, besides my blogging, I still have a corporate job. I work in a company called CEO SUITE where they offer serviced offices, virtual offices, coworking spaces/ shared offices. It’s of the same concept like this one you’ve shared. But it’s located in Ayala, Makati.

• Reply Ana November 7, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I think that is absolutely a great place where you can do other important matters while you are outside your home. I haven’t experienced renting a place to stay there to study. When I was still in the university, I was most of the time in the library. Back to Uni Lounge, I think it is a good business too. 🙂

• Reply Serena November 7, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I love this concept! It sounds so handy with the wifi and unlimited coffee! I’m not sure if we have anything like that here in the UK.

• Reply Airina Desuyo November 7, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Nice! Do they have monthly membership fees like in the coworking spaces? This is really accessible from my house so will check this out

airinaapril.blogspot.com

• Reply Maria November 11, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Currently, I haven’t seen posts yet about membership fees. But surely, they might think of that soon. 🙂

• Reply Teresa November 7, 2016 at 10:03 pm

This is nice! I hope they would have other branches. And I hope one near my place! hahaha That is so affordable.

• Reply Sonnie November 8, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Your post convinced me to visit and try this place. There are times that I just need a different environment so my creative juices will flow. My only concern though is… parking 🙁

• Reply Melissa November 11, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Wow! The place looks really comfortable and really conducive to learning. I will suggest this to my sister who studies in DLSU! I bet she’ll love it there. 🙂 AND THOSE RULES! Hahaha no PDA should be applicable to anywhere lol