FAM

Featured Artist of the Month III

October 4, 2016

FAM October Adam

This month’s featured artist is one of my close artist friends, fellow Agnesian and a teammate in Maarteng Letra.

Featured Artist of the Month: October

FAM: Adam

Adam Redoblado

He is Adam Julian Redoblado. Just like Ate Noni and Christian, he’s a fellow Agnesian too. I knew him way back elementary days since we went to the same swimming school and attended the same school as well. Even if I may be a little older than than him by age, he’s my senior when it comes to art.

Getting to know Adam

FAM: Adam Redoblado

His 2016 paper cut piece

What made you start the craft?

It started in high school, I was doodling with my pen then eventually I explored other subjects like portraits and objects. I guess it started out with people noticing and asking me to draw stuff. Eventually I went to take a course in fine arts to strengthen my skills in illustration. I was pretty much influenced by comic books and children’s books when I was a kid in elementary.

How long have you been doing the craft?

I’ve been doing it for around 7 years already. I think. lol

Why did you pursue it?

I did stop for a long time but it just keeps calling me back to pursue it again.

FAM: Adam Redoblado

Animalphabet

Related:  Parkfest PH AVP

Pages: 1 2

• Reply Roselle CT October 5, 2016 at 4:54 pm

I have seen an exhibit of paper cut art in SM Masinag and I was awed by the details. Doodling is something I attempted to try but I can’t seem to create one worthy of notice. Adam’s animalphabet is really impressive. I love the fox and the lion.

• Reply ROBERT LEE October 5, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Nice feature and it certainly helps your friend on exposure. Graphics is something I admire and it is also something I am weak at. So when I see beautiful works or arts and graphics, I can only admire. When I was young, I was into sketching. But we were poor and even buying pencils was a strain on the finances. Suffice to say, I never got into it. You guys do, keep it up.

• Reply Maaya Legaspi October 5, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Wow! He’s really good! I remember when I was young, I wanted to have a degree in arts but when I was in college, I didn’t pursue it. Why is it that when we’re young, we were so full of creativity yet when we grow up, we do other things and set our creativity aside. I admire artists for learning different skills. Such creativity is really hard to sharpen nowadays.

Living in the Moment | http://www.maayalegaspi.com

• Reply Allison October 5, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I admire artists because I am hopeless myself. I love the 2016 piece. My youngest son is named Adam and he is also very creative. Not sure where he got it from though!

• Reply Dominic October 5, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Keep up the features. For us, non-calligraphers, we’d have more idea of who’s who in the calligraphy world. Sharing tips is also a great idea so that newbies will go to your site more and learn the basics. At least, they’ll see your site as a site for calligraphist.

• Reply Carola October 6, 2016 at 1:52 am

Great interview. It’s so true that success takes time. And that’s what makes it hard. You need to push through and keep up the work. Who doesn’t want instant success? Love the work. Cara looks great!

• Reply Nilyn Matugas October 6, 2016 at 6:43 am

Wow! He is a great artist! I really look up to artists like you too. I don’t have anything to do with drawing at all! Or even coloring! haha. I’m not good when it comes to color coordination. That’s why I am always amazed at people who are so artistic!

• Reply Jen October 6, 2016 at 10:39 am

I wish more photos of his artwork was shown, so we can appreciate more his contributions. But by judging the photos of the artworks, surely he has some talent. We hope you’ll continue to pursue it and never give up. Keep it up!

• Reply Carlo Galicha Dominguez October 6, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Super artistic grabe! I wish to have a talent like that. Hope you don’t stop what you’re doing. and I love the words that you shared “What I’ve noticed today with social media is that we’re all too focused on creating content that will lure all the likes and follows within a short amount of time” This is true we are more focus on getting attentions than making a great content.

• Reply Veronica October 6, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Short stories about people like Adam are truly inspiring. I always get goosebumps when I read how people follow their passion. So amazing!

• Reply Pria Amor October 6, 2016 at 6:57 pm

It’s great that you could help your friend to have exposure and be well known of his craft. You can never get away of your calling. Kudos to both of you.

• Reply John Rodgers October 7, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Very nice work but, I wish I could see more. I love the art of calligraphy and he is very good at it. Very nice to be able to do something you love to do for your life’s work.

• Reply Channel Marie Imperial October 21, 2016 at 11:27 pm

For me, paper cut is quite challenging. I have shaky hands. I guess I can manage that with constant practice. Glad to know that Adam is into this type of art. πŸ™‚