Lifestyle

Linden Teak Furniture celebrates their 19th Anniversary!

September 13, 2016

Linden Teak celebrates their 19th anniversary!

Furniture pieces have always been an essential part of our homes. From the chairs we sit on to the tables we use to eat and work and the beds we sleep on. We really use furniture. These hold memories that are treasures for us.

Linden Teak Furniture Philippines

Since 1997, Linden Teak Furniture Corporation has been a member of A5 Group of companies. Along with Milano Furniture Incorporated and Teak Castle Corporation, Linden Teak Furniture specializes in high quality yet affordable ready and custom made furniture. Those are made of 25 year old solid Indonesian teak wood with Australian nitrocellulose finish. The company offers a wide range of designs, from classic Italian to modern zen design, with 15 years of warranty.

Their teak products are guaranteed to be water resistant, heat resistant, termite proof and eco-friendly, thus making it a great investment for generations. The company is also open to distributors and resellers.

We also encourage designers to present their design concepts to the board of directors so as to have their own collection manufactured by our factories in Indonesia.

Linden Teak Furniture

A bedroom full furnished with furniture.

What is Teak?

Linden Teak Furniture

It is one of the tropical hardwood birches that has a longevity of 100 years. They also have an oil in its heart and are water-resistant. It may be used indoors and outdoors. Teak heartwood is global standard for outdoor furniture durability and decay resistance.

Plus, with furniture made of teak, it may passed onto generations and can be considered as heirlooms. It may also be considered as an investment.

To be honest, it’s also considered as a status symbol. It’s one of the most expensive wood because of its rare and exceptional qualities. Admiring wood has been one of my favorite things.

Reasons why love Linden Teak Furniture

I’ve been an admirer of sculptures, paintings and things alike. Yet, I’m not that aware of the various attributes of furniture. It’s a good thing that Sam is quite knowledgeable of those stuff (since he’s an Industrial Design graduate). He has been teaching be about ergonomics and aesthetics when it comes to checking out stuff for my room. It’s also a fun thing to do when you are both art lovers.

Linden Teak Furniture

For inquiries, kindly contact: * Del Monte, Quezon City (Main office) 9218037 / 4137278

Back at our home in Legazpi, my family is quite picky about the quality of the furniture there. We’ve been checking out various shops and crafters to see the one that suits our taste. I would love those custom-made furniture so it would be versatile. Plus the thought of you only having that is somehow good. 😂

So to number a few reasons why you should love Linden Teak:

Individually Handcrafted

The furniture are handcrafted by master artisans who at least have a decade of experience. Knowing that, it would mean that no two (2) pieces of furniture are alike and no mass production! Every piece of furniture is crafted by the hardworking artisans who are passionate of their crafts.

Eco-friendly

The teak that are being used for the furniture are 100% mature teak. It only means that it preserves our rainforests and wildlife.

With the fuss about ecological issues, I’m so happy to know that they do not utilize young wood or even cut from the forest. I’m quite supportive of eco-friendly stuff so when I read about them, I got so happy! It made me proud to read about a local company to have eco-friendly products.

Naturally Termite Proof

Teak is known to possess natural oil resin; which means it is naturally termite free. The oil repels the termites. Other hardwoods get soft when they get wet or old but for teak, it does not.

Isn’t that great?

Sun and Rain Exposure Resistant

It has been known that teak has natural oil resin. This resin helps the wood to be weatherproof and to be used without even finishing it. While ageing, it becomes silver gray and does not affect the wood’s tensile strength.

15 year Service Warranty

Who would have thought that there’s a 15 year service warranty? Only in Linden Teak! There’s a free labor service repair against factory defect & wear and tear of proper use.

All you have to do is to drop the item off at the main office. Then the sales department will contact the owner when it’s going to be picked up and ready.

Water Submersion Resilient

Linden teak Furniture

History has it that it has been a boat material for 2000 years, according to an archeological dig site in Berenike. Coming from the Bible, about the Noah’s ark.

Linden Teak Furniture

Edwin Fox, the only surviving transport ship that carried settlers to both Australia and New Zealand and carried troops in the Crimean War is made principally of teak lumber.

The Crimean Warship Edwin Fox (1853) in New Zealand  which has been docked at Picton. She was built in Calcutta, India in 1853 and this fully functional piece of history is currently dry-docked at The Edwin Fox Maritime Centre at Picton, New Zealand.

Linden Teak Furniture

The 1.2km U Bein Bridge which crosses the Taungthaman Lake in Myanmar was crafted from solid teak lumber.

Lastly, the U Bein Bridge in Taungthaman Lake in Myanmar which has been present since 1850. It has 1086 teak pillars standing out from the water despite being constantly exposed to the natural elements since 1850.

Oldest Teak Palace

The over a decade old Royal Vimanmek Palace by King Rama V in Bangkok, Thailand is made entirely of teak lumber.

It still stands today and is visited by millions of tourists as national heritage site.

Oldest Teak Temple

The Maha Waiyan Bontha Bagaya Monastery in Mandalay, Burma (currently known as Myanmar) has been constructed on 1593 with 267 gigantic teak wood posts. This ancient landmark still stands today and is visited as a national heritage site.

No Synthetic Chemicals

The furniture from them does not use artificial chemicals, no varnish and polyeutherane. All are organic cellulose furnishing and the wood pores retain its breathability. The furniture gets washed off while being outdoors.

For their 19th anniversary, use this voucher (print it) and go to the accredited branches and avail 5% off their furniture!

Linden Teak Furniture

Enjoy this 5% off!

Take note: The vouchers are only valid if they are presented prior to the transactions. Failure to do so would invalidate the voucher for that specific transaction.

Branches:

• Linden Teak Furniture Corporation
    4th floor, building A, SM Megamall
    Landline: 5848027, 3403403
    >Interior Zone, SM North EDSA
    Landline: 3557728, 3993121
    >MC home depot, 2248 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City
    Landline: 4036078
  • Milano Furniture Incorporated (main office)
    >1044 Del Monte Ave, SFDM, Quezon City
    9218037, 4137278
  • Teak Castle Corporation
    >#8 MC Home Depot, BGC, Taguig City
    5527011, 7826030
    >#38 West Avenue, Quezon City
    4153937, 09328835200

Linden Teak

Disclaimer: Photos are from Linden Teak Furniture Philippines

• Reply ROBERT LEE September 14, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Alam mo, maganda talaga ang teak wood. In hindsight, noong nagpatayo kami ng house, we should have used teak rather than narra kasi the narra we got was so young. In the end, nagkaroon din ng termites. Teak wood naman, totoong mas resistant sa water and moisture. Presyo na lang. LOL!

• Reply Jerwel De Perio September 14, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Oh wow. I never thought that there is a company that runs their furniture on Teak wood. All of my furniture here at my condominium are Teak and my family is planting a lot of them for future use. And my father would make our furniture for us. From beds to tables, countertops and sofa. It is indeed pricey, That is why, we planted some trees so that, we could actually use them in the future. Good investment indeed.

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth September 15, 2016 at 6:07 am

I love wood furnitures! Wood has always been an impression of timeless elegance and sophistication. Especially those wonderfully crafted teak furnitures, they are really durable and lasts a lifetime.. Plus Termite proof is just amazing!

• Reply Nicole P September 15, 2016 at 10:36 am

wood furniture are always a beauty to see, but there is an extreme amount of money involved, weather you are buying a quality one like, or getting the cheaper ones(and having to spend with refurbishing and anti termite stuff). But to know that these teak wood furniture can withstand termites and has better water resistance should already be a win for someone looking to buy said furniture. You may spend a bit more today, but in the long run mas nakatipid ka 😀

• Reply Jessica September 15, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Teak is a good investment. Has been telling this to my sister who is currently doing her house now. But yeah, needs a lot of money to get these. At the end, sure you will be satisfied with the quality. More years to come for the Linden Teak Furniture!

• Reply Ferna September 15, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Teak is the best investment one should have. not only a good investment, but, honestly its quality is better than narra actually. no termites and even if captured with water, it is still intact.

• Reply Veeyah | The Indy Miss September 15, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Teak wood! <3 I'm a little biased towards wooden furniture in harmony with technology, and I already have a sort of blueprint of how I want my future house to look like. There's something truly comforting about having wood in the house – it brings me a sense of being "in" nature somehow, even with all the gadgets lying around, haha!

• Reply Milton Coyne September 15, 2016 at 11:08 pm

If ever I got the chance to decorate my own room, i really want it to be rustic and these furniture is just perfect for my vision .. it isn’t my first time to hear about Teak.. i think i saw an info about it somewhere but it tackles about the tree’s aromatic flowers.. Considering that the structures made from Teak lasted that long, it proves how high the quality of this wood is… staying strong for 19 years in the industry is not really easy as you need to build strong trust from your customers by delivering high quality service and products so congratulations for Linden Teak for achieving such milestone

• Reply Tamshuk September 15, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Furniture is probably the only thing I am good at when it comes to home and interior decor. Actually I can identify with the details of these teakwood futnitures as I myself took to carpentry just recently while I was on a volunteering stint. It was really fascinating to read the details in this post

• Reply Reu Salvy Valdez September 16, 2016 at 3:53 pm

I love wood furniture, but I can’t differentiate Teak Wood and Narra, they look the same. I’m so amazed that this kind of wood will last long for a period, and it could be an heirloom to the new generation of the family.

• Reply Berlin September 16, 2016 at 7:31 pm

We shopped for furnitures before and husband and I decided to get a teak wood. The price though isnt that cheap but we all know it would last years and more years. We found out a few daya before we were scheduled to pay that i was pregnant then and so we didnt get the furniture. I told husband the wood furniture isnt appropriate when we have baby in the house. Perhaps when he is older na. /)

• Reply Alyssa Tuangco October 12, 2016 at 6:44 pm

Not very familiar with Teak wood but as I can see it is reliable and and good quality! It doesn’t look cheap tho kaya dapat pagipunan. But it looks like a great investment for long term furnitures, pwede pang ipass on sa grand children 🙂

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) October 12, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Great post, Kristine! It was when I started living on my own that I appreciated quality furniture. Just choosing your appliances should entail some research, lest your money goes down the drain in a few months. What more for furniture? So in my permanent home, I’m really looking forward to investing in the right materials. One that will last for 20 years+, like furniture in our own home. Just imagine how much that saved us!

• Reply Mica de Leon October 12, 2016 at 8:08 pm

To be honest I have no idea on wood types and which type of wood material is better than the other. Well I don’t have my own home yet and I probably haven’t purchased any furniture even. Atleast, I got to learn about it on your blog. Thanks!

There’s More To Mica ❥ micadeleon.com

• Reply Melissa October 12, 2016 at 10:33 pm

They sound like a really good brand. If I had space at the apartment, I think I would definately consider checking our their furniture. It’s important to invest in a good and durable brand 🙂 thanks for this!

• Reply Carola October 13, 2016 at 12:47 am

I’ve read about Linden Teak before. I really like their furniture. The swing love seat is absolutely great! I would love to have that in my garden. So relaxing. I love that it’s eco friendly and that it’s individually handcrafted.

• Reply Nadine Smith (Scenes From Nadine) October 13, 2016 at 1:47 am

There’s something about a wooden room that is just so romantic and classy! How great that this type is water resistant, heat resistant, termite proof and eco-friendly. I personally prefer to have a more modern home (if ever I have one in the future) but when I’m at a hotel with wood furniture, I seem to fall in love with it!

• Reply Kris October 13, 2016 at 2:36 am

Wood furnitures can be tricky at times so always choose the one with a good reputation. Teak is always a great choice for wood furnitures. Imagin lasting for 10 years in the industry with a lot of competion. This is truly something worth your money. Hapoy anniversary Linden Teak furniture!

• Reply Ram Kuizon October 13, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Warm wood furniture makes one home elegant.
    Being raised in the hinterland, I am used to living with a lot of wood furniture.
    I agree only good material can survive and I am happy that even those in the city has a good brand to run to for quality wood furniture.

• Reply Teresa October 13, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I like wood furniture, too. I think that teak furniture is worth the investment. I would love to save up for this. Lovely!

• Reply Charm Gamboa October 13, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I never heard of this kind of wood but it looks like a good choice for furnitures. This might be perfect for our house or garden. It also looks authentic and high quality. Love it! 🙂

• Reply Indrani November 30, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I have a fascination for teak and have got some furniture in teak. Very expensive and makes big holes in pockets! 🙂 🙂
    But indeed very grand. Thanks for the relevant info on teak.