Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays 28

September 23, 2016

Wolf Banner

Sharing another favorite this time. It may seem that I have skipped some Fridays due to some load from school but can you see the wolf in the banner? That may have to do something with today’s post!

Favorite Fridays 28

Do you know what’s your spirit animal? Or do you have an animal that you feel you can relate to? People have various superstitions about the animals that we interact with yet sometimes we think that we don’t believe them until we see some signs or read something on the internet.

The Wolf

Wolf

Illustration by Sam Manalo

It has been weeks since Sam drew this. At first, it was just a random illustration he did on the sketch book that I gave him as a gift. He illustrates when he’s in the zone or inspired to do one. It’s cute on how he shows me his illustrations after doing it. I’m into art (or an art enthusiast) but not with illustrations. I like to see letters dance and jump but his art is really into illustrations which is way out of my league.

Wolves as Spirit Animal:

The wolf offers some of the most striking animal meanings in the realm of spirit animals. The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections.

This animal can also symbolize fear of being threatened and lack of trust. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.

Source: Spirit Animals & Animal Totems

Wolf

Why it became a favorite?

Knowing what my spirit animal is like having a superpower of some sort. I was enlightened in some way that an animal could be your alter ego in another universe. It has been just for a few weeks since I told myself that it’s my spirit animal and I want nothing else.

It is my favorite because:

• It’s the house sigil of one of my favorite houses in Game of Thrones. It’s the house sigil of House Stark. I just love how the direwolves look in that series!
  • Wolves remind me that they do not leave someone behind especially from the pack. Just like in The Jungle Book, Mowgli was raised by Raksha and Akela (Indian wolves).
  • I see wolves as loyal creatures especially to their own kind and to their masters. Even if you try to push them away, it’s so hard for them to leave you (Arya & Nymeria; another GoT reference).
  • They are interpreted in movies or tv series, they are animals that really do care about their own kind and their friends/relatives.
  • Lastly, Sam drew it.

Connecting Myself:

I’ve been living alone since college and even if there were times that I lived in a dorm or with relatives, I always looked after myself. I never wanted to depend too much on others because I chose to be in the city for college. When I read about what does it mean to have a wolf as a spirit animal, I seriously told myself, you are similar. Not entirely but there are so many similarities.

I do try to be intelligent by studying since I’m pursuing my post-grad studies. Also, another thing I love about wolves is that they appreciate their family and their true friends.

In reality, we face so many similar roads yet we end up choosing different ones because of what we may have heard or known about it. Nevertheless, taking various paths and tackling various obstacles will surely give us strength and instinctive thoughts.

Finally, your life is always up to you. Spirit animals or totems are always there to guide us. It will always be up to you if you will believe it or let it affect your life. Nothing is ever wrong if you will believe in it or try to connect with it. Just that, don’t let it consume you.

If you are curious on what your spirit animal could be, you may take the quiz here.

Wolf

So, what do you think is your spirit animal? 😊

• Reply Johna September 24, 2016 at 10:27 pm

What a beautiful beautiful piece of art! I love it as well 😀 Also love these Favorite Fridays segment on your blog! Can’t wait to hear more.

• Reply Berlin September 24, 2016 at 11:58 pm

I wonder then what animal am I? I have to check Spirit Animals and Animal Totems so I would know. Ihihi. Your Sam’s drawing is beautiful. It may pass as one of those animals on adult coloring books.

• Reply Laveena Sengar September 25, 2016 at 3:13 am

Oh I love such creative stuff. I really respect people who are capable of displaying such a talent. All the best

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth September 25, 2016 at 8:20 am

Oh this is interesting. A wolf as your spirit animal seems to be very intimidating. Wolves are strong in nature and i find them scary and creepy sometimes specially when they are roaring! Its like a horror movie i am feelung right now! Lol! Was wondering what could be my spirit animal? I wanna know too! How did you know it? All i know is my animal zodiac sign.. Haha

• Reply Malaika Fernandes September 25, 2016 at 11:44 am

Loved to read about Wolf as a spirit article. I know mine is an African Elephant discovered it in one of the advanced workshops that i did in animal communication. loved the sketch it is so raw but does justice to the energy of the animal

• Reply Kylie September 25, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Wolf – what a gorgeous spirit animal! Instinctual, graceful…

How do you find out what your spirit animal is? I would be interesting in finding out for myself!

• Reply Veeyah September 25, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Lovely artwork! Please tell your friend Sam he’s done a great job at capturing a wolf! 🙂 I never gave my spirit animal a thought though. I like butterflies, but liking is quite different. When you said that your spirit animal could be your alter-ego in another universe, I think it makes sense. Great post! Opened me to another aspect about myself.

EDIT: I just took the spirit animal quiz and amazingly, I got the Butterfly as my Spirit Animal! Hahahhaha.

• Reply Virag Horvath September 25, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Could be that my favorite animal is my spirit animal? I’m so exited to get know ! 🙂
    The drawing is amazing, Sam is a great artist! I will try to draw tonight and let’s see…. 🙂
    xx

• Reply Ferna September 25, 2016 at 9:55 pm

I took the quiz, and I’m the owl. I was overwhelmed with the result. And although I love your spirit animal which is wolf, I’m also in love with my result. Ah! Thank you for sharing this, I had fun and I really learned a lot.

• Reply Tamshuk September 26, 2016 at 2:11 am

Never thought of a wolf this way. It was really interesting to read all the symbolism you made for the wolf. Actually I never thought of having a spirit animal so this is quite new to me. I will take the quiz to find out 🙂

• Reply Zwitsy September 28, 2016 at 5:59 am

and since I got curious, I thought of taking the test to know what’s my spirit animal. And guess what?! I got a turtle as my spirit animal. It says here that the turtle totem wisdom teaches us about walking our path in peace and sticking to it with determination and serenity. Quite accurate hahahaha

• Reply Orana Velarde October 1, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I do believe in spirit animals! I just have never thought of mine not being my Chinese Horoscope animal, the horse. I’m not exactly into horses at all so maybe I should put some thought into this! If I were you I would ask you friend Sam to draw a wolf again but while he is thinking about you and listening to your favorite music and see what he/she (sam is interchangeable!) comes up with! That would be interesting I think. I like how you incorporated it into your Blog Banner!

• Reply Maaya Legaspi October 3, 2016 at 11:44 am

That was such a nice illustration! Good for you to know your spirit animal! Maybe if I think one for myself, I would say a bird. I always think of myself as always on the go and doesn’t want to be in one place. Though I’ll see when I take the quiz. haha! Thanks for sharing the link, it’s interesting. 😀

Living in the Moment | http://www.maayalegaspi.com

• Reply Jenny October 12, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Beautiful art, I love the wolf. I see them as calm, focused and powerful! I don’t know really what animal that’s my spiritual animal, I guess I’ll find out. I feel like I can connect with almost any animal.

• Reply Nicole P November 18, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Reading your post, I kind of thought of the spirit animal as the shape of the patronus, or our animagus living in ourselves.. Sorry if I am heavily Harry Potter centric lately, as you know it is the showing of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them here in our country, and I feel that when I read your entry, it was a guide on knowing what shape my animagus form will come to. As of the moment, I’m taking the linked quiz and hopefully I can write about it soon as well. Thanks for the idea! 😀

• Reply Indrani November 25, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Never knew wolves had such deep meaning. I always thought of horses.
    Wonderful art work.

• Reply Thelittlelai: Beyond limitss June 6, 2017 at 5:53 am

Wow, I exactly don’t know about wolf, how they behave and everything about them. I’m glad that you have found your perfect animal that could best describe yourself. Who would have thought that you’re actually love being alone? I didn’t even think about that. Anyway, I truly love this post of yours it somehow help me know you even more. I don’t know what animal could best describe about me, I’ll surely find it soon. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

• Reply Clarice October 20, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Thank you for sharing about your spirit animal. I just took the test and mine is an OWL and I pretty much agree with the result.

It says that meaning of the owl spirit animal is life transition, change — this is perfectly true as I wanted to make a difference in my community, a game-changer as they call. 🙂