Events

The Pen Meet

August 18, 2016

Pen Meet

The pen meet is organized by Maarteng Letra that is composed of young, passion-driven individuals striving to leave a legacy in this world.

Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet

We believe that art is for everyone and passion is something that you could pass on to other people. It’s not just about creating things from your mind to reality but also being able to connect and grow with other people. Kristine and Sabrina started calligraphy out of curiosity, but as we go along the way, we have discovered that calligraphy is not just our hobby but also turned out to be our passion. Our love for letters grew even more when we had the chance to volunteer for Type Kita last December 2015. We met people who eventually became our friends because of the mere fact that we share the same passion; the passion for making letters dance.

Pen Meet

Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet

As we continue to develop our knowledge and skills, we have decided to continue what Type Kita has taught us, to Pass on the Passion. We all understand the struggle of learning something new, you start with not knowing anything about it until you slowly find your own style. We all understand how difficult it is to test and dive into unfamiliar waters. That is why we are coming up with Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet, to inspire and to teach enthusiasts and dreamers that anything can be possible.

On the 10th of September 2016, artists and dreamers will gather to create an event that will inspire enthusiasts to start NOW.

About Maarteng Letra

What is Maarteng Letra?

• Maarteng Letra is a group of passion driven artists who wants to share their talent for the welfare of aspiring artists who have the pluck to pursue arts and crafts.

What is Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet?

• Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet is an event that would gather people who are into arts and crafts to share their stories and inspire each other. The event will be having various artists who will give their talks about how they got into arts and crafts. The event will also have mini workshops or sharing of insights and tips on how to improve their craft.

Who could attend Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet?

• As what we have said earlier, Art is for everyone. That is why anyone can be a part of this project. But due to the limited capacity of the venue, we could only accommodate a certain number of attendees. However, we assure you that Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet will continuously share and inspire in future events.

FAQ

What should I bring on the pen meet?

• You could bring your pens and paper that you want to share during the pen meet. You could lend them to your co-attendees and explore the many possibilities that an art tool can do. We will also have a “Share a Pen” segment where you can exchange them with the others.

What should we expect during the event?

• The event will start with a small introduction by the organizers, Sabrina Escoto and Kristine Redillas. After that, there will various activities and talks that would enhance and help everyone be more effective in arts and crafts.

Is there a door charge when we attend the pen meet?

• Yes, there will be a Php 200 door charge inclusive of snacks and drinks.

What is the time and where is the location?

• Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet will start at 1:00 – 5:00 PM at The Office Project in Makati.

Location

It will happen at The Office Project located in Makati on September 10, 2016 from 1-5pm.

Pen Meet

Registration

To register and save your slot, please click here

Details will be in the form and if you have further inquiries, feel free to send an email: ask@mariaisquixotic.com.

Hope to see you there!

• Reply Carola August 19, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Is it the first time this event is organized? It sounds very nice. It’s great to connect with other people and share the passion. Hope you’ll have a great time. The activities sound nice. Will you wite about the event when it took place?

• Reply Maria August 19, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Yes! It’s the first time for it to be organized. 🙂

• Reply Freelancer Rene August 19, 2016 at 3:23 pm

wow… calligraphy always astonish me, especially for me with terrible penmanship.. kudos to all you guys. this must be a great event to go to..

• Reply Amanda @ Go Book Yourself August 19, 2016 at 6:02 pm

I love calligraphy and crafts! It’s so great that you have an event just for people who love the art of calligraphy. There is nothing better than a group of like minded creative people getting together to have fun with the things they love. I hope the event goes well!

• Reply Stella the Travelerette August 19, 2016 at 9:47 pm

That sounds like a great event! I like that people want to share their knowledge with others. It seems like a good way to encourage artists who are just starting out. And of course if you love calligraphy it will be fun to share the hobbies with others.

• Reply Karlaroundtheworld | Karla August 19, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Oh wow, just when I started doing basic (very) calligraphy. And this just happens to be near my close friend’s house in Gil Puyat Ave! I admire people like Kristine and Sabrina, a lot of people can realize the same passion but end up not pursuing beyond their scope and thus, the hobby that turned passion becomes just a memory. An event like this will make me stare and focus on these people and their crafts, admirable!

• Reply ROBERT LEE August 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm

This is really a good idea. Getting together with like-minded people (in arts and crafts) makes your hobby so much more fun and yes, learning from each other’s experiences can only help you be better. I wish you all the best and for the endeavor to be successful. Nice choice of venue too.

• Reply Nilyn Matugas August 20, 2016 at 5:03 pm

I’ve always wanted to join a calligraphy workshop! I’ve saved the photo so I can double check my calendar later. I wish I can attend this, it’s a bit far from where I live but I’ve always wanted to try calligraphy. But I have no pens/brushes/whatever tool yet.

• Reply Tamshuk August 21, 2016 at 2:22 am

This is a very nice and interesting idea for a meet. Always great to bring together and connect aspiring artists under one roof. Such exchanges always ensure the growth of the Arts and Crafts community.

• Reply Maaya Legaspi August 22, 2016 at 1:28 am

Weeee. I’ve always wanted to learn caligraphy because of the artsy letterings i found online. Though all the seminars i find are kind of expensive. Please have more of these!

• Reply Bluedreamer August 23, 2016 at 4:52 am

This is indeed a very interesting event.. I always want to learn calligraphy… I recently learned how to right Baybayin (our ancient Philippine script) and I think the idea of combining bought writing style would be interesting! Baybayin doesn’t follow strokes kasi so maybe I could apply the techniques used for Calligraphy writing to make the Baybayin look for amazing hehe

• Reply Shayne August 24, 2016 at 1:42 am

Looks like a nice project! I am loving the calligraphy I have been seeing on my feed every time, I really appreciate it because it’s something I cannot do lol! Kudos to you for this!

• Reply Leona September 6, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Calligraphy is now my hobby too, I learned it from attending a calligraphy workshop like this one and really loved it. It’s also very inspiring to be able to write something beautiful for others.

• Reply Dominic Barrios September 6, 2016 at 10:23 pm

This is a very cool idea to get all Calligraphists both the veterans and the new ones to get together. Pretty sure there’ll be hobbyists who are also joining this event. It’s good though that it’s only Php 200 and there’s snacks and drinks already. But the biggest value there is the workshop, the sharings and the tips.

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) September 7, 2016 at 1:07 am

Just so you know, I linked this post to a friend! I love how arts and crafts are becoming social. It used to be a solitary activity. But with social media, it’s easy to learn from each other and connect with like-minded people 🙂

• Reply Laveena Sengar September 7, 2016 at 6:05 am

What an amazing idea. I wish I could attend. Meeting like minded people is just fabulous. Hope you have a great time.

• Reply Berlin September 7, 2016 at 7:13 am

Schedule already noted. I would want to attend and bring with me my 13-year-old son. We attended a calligraphy class last April and it was one of the highlights of our summer together. I hope he will feel the same excitement I felt when I first read about this.

• Reply Me-An Clemente September 7, 2016 at 11:42 pm

This is an interesting event for art enthusiasts. I remember that calligraphy classes were previously undertaken by guys during high school. It’s great now that women get to enjoy it too. God bless on your event! May each stroke of pen bring the people closer to their dreams.

• Reply Maria September 8, 2016 at 2:40 pm

During high school? I never knew or heard about that. Thank you! 🙂

• Reply Michelle September 8, 2016 at 1:22 am

Wow! This is such a great initiative from you guys. I congratulate you guys as early as now. I am also curious about calligraphy. I love writing by hand and they say that my handwriting is really good. I hope to attend calligraphy classes someday. Maybe then I could test if my handwriting will also look good in calligraphy. Haha! Just a question, at the Pen Meet, what kind of Pens do you require for the participants to bring with them?

• Reply Maria September 8, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Hola! Any pens that you are comfortable to use. May it be the pointed nib or brush pens, as long as you’re comfortable. We may also lend pens to the attendees so they could try other pens as well. 🙂

• Reply Charm Gamboa September 8, 2016 at 7:39 am

This looks fun! I love art and thankfully, among all the other skills that left my system, creativity stayed with me. I’d love to attend the event but my schedule wouldn’t permit it. I hope there will be more events like this in the future.