FAM

Featured Artist of the Month

August 4, 2016

Featured Artist of the Month

This is a new blog series that aims to give back to the artists that have inspired me or helped to become better along the journey.

Featured Artist of the Month

This is a series that came in a spur. It was more of a give back or give tribute to the artists who have been helping you with your calligraphy and art journey. They are always there to inspire and motivate one to become better. This tiny space in the internet aims to give back and share their talents and works to aspirants.

August’s Featured Artist

This month’s featured artist is a dear friend of mine who I have been pushing as well to continue practicing. His birth month is August and that’s why I decided to feature him this month. I’ve known him since high school and we have been bros since.

Christian Binamira

August's Featured Artist

Christian Berdin Binamira

He is a professor in Aquinas University of Legazpi. He is also a graphic designer, illustrator and an incredible artist. But before everything else, he is a soul who loves art, illustrations and everything in between. Designing has been also a great part of his life now.

The next following paragraphs will be his answers to the questions I asked him. It was some sort of an interview to get to know him as an artist and as a person behind @chrismiraart on Instagram.

Getting to know Christian

Featured Artist

One of Christian’s best works.

What made you start this craft?

I don’t really know but what I do remember is the feeling of bliss when I’m drawing. I’ve always felt it ever since I started drawing at a young age.

How long have you been doing/practicing this craft?

Roughly 5-6 years.

Why did you pursue it?

It’s the satisfaction I get when finishing a piece that makes me feel better. That makes me feel my existence.

Featured Artist

One of his creations on my watercolor pad.

Getting to know Christian

Featured Artist

Can you guess who she is?

Did you have struggles in pursuing the craft? If yes, could share it to us please.

I’ve always struggled with painting (Acrylics and Oil but I can handle Watercolor just fine). I’m more of a pen/pencil and paper kind of guy. I have my own troubles with color too.

Favorite Quote

“How much did they first pay you to give up on your dreams?”

(Ryan Bingham from the movie Up In The Air)

This is my favorite because it serves as my reminder to always aim for the dream.

Featured Artist

One of Christian’s best works.

Top Three Favorite Tools

• Pen
  • Pencil
  • Kneaded Eraser

If you are to share your tips and tricks to newbies, what would those be?

Just one thing.

Never stop doing what you love.

That’s the only tip any artist needs.

If you were to describe the craft in three words, what will those be?

• Tranquility
  • Bliss
  • Purpose

Featured Artist

Can you guess who she is?

You could find Christian on:

You may reach him through his email.

Love local! Support local!

Disclaimer: Photos of artworks are from Christian’s social handles.

• Reply Alyssa Tuangco August 4, 2016 at 5:07 pm

wow, I’m a frustrated illustrator and I envy how he draws. I hope he goes a long way 🙂

• Reply Bluedreamer August 5, 2016 at 2:53 am

How old is he? He is already a professor? wow , i just checked his Instagram account and I admire all his work… What a great talent he has… I am a frustrated artists LOL and I envy his works haha…Anyway, i just followed him in IG and will look forward to more of his masterpiece

• Reply Zwitsy August 5, 2016 at 3:13 am

Drawing isn’t my passion but I really envy those who have the skills to do it with less effort. You know, if I am only given that talent, I’ll definitely be using it. And I really admire your featured artist for treasuring the gift he has.

• Reply Carola August 5, 2016 at 3:23 am

Grest skills! I love his work. It looks very beautiful. Nice interview also. It is always nice to hear more about what inspires people. And also learn about overcoming struggles.

• Reply Dawn August 5, 2016 at 5:14 am

The drawings were cool. I always envy artists who can express their soul through art. It’s very cool.

• Reply Sharon Wu August 5, 2016 at 5:31 am

Awesome artwork! Thanks for sharing! xo, sharon

• Reply Darlene August 5, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Woooww! I love the details on the hair. I liked drawing and painting before when I was young but failed to pursue it. My watercolor and pads now sit dormant on my shelf. I am impressed by his dedication in honing his craft. Such a talent!

• Reply Veeya | The Indy Miss August 5, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Wow! I love reading artists’ stories! It’s always so inspiring given that I am an artist myself who is still learning the ropes of the”jungle” that is the industry, haha. Thank you for sharing such a talented person’s story!

• Reply Kat August 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Oh, my boyfriend and co-blogger would love this. He’s an animator and he does traditional and digital sketches. I always admire people who are into arts because here in the PH it’s not a very profitable craft (as far as I know), yet they still pursue it for the simple reason that it gives them joy. 🙂 I hope you do well in your calligraphy journey too.

• Reply Maria August 5, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Yes! Totally agree! Here, it’s always a struggle for artists. Thank you, Kat!

• Reply ROBERT LEE August 5, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I used to love to draw until I found myself doing things I like more than drawing. Hence, I can appreciate great drawings and the one with the lady’s back, that is really really nice. It’s also a great idea to come out with featured artists on your blog too and hope you could continue to do so.

• Reply theresa August 5, 2016 at 6:49 pm

He’s good and he really looks young to be a professor. If I have a weakness, that will be drawing but I discovered that you can practice drawing too. I read a lot of inspiring stories of artists where they started to draw a not so good image and transcend to a butterfly whose drawing are perfect. Hope I can practice more on this craft.

• Reply Sriparna August 5, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Wonderful kid, with an amazing talent. Painting, or sketching is not an easy job; but when one has passion for it, the same starts flowing out through the pencils effortlessly. Very nice feature on your site… I am glad you meet such wonderful people 🙂

• Reply Teresa Dumadag August 5, 2016 at 6:50 pm

It’s nice that you are featuring artists in your blog. I have a lot of artist friends. I’m an artist myself but it’s been a while since I practiced painting or drawing. I used to immerse myself in my art a lot when I was still single. Now that I have kids, I don’t have much time to spare.

• Reply Nica August 5, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Ohh this is cool! I didn’t know that you have this series I love it! His sketch is realy impressive. Talent at its finest 🙂

• Reply R U S S August 5, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I have so much respect and admiration for him. I tried to sketch, draw, and all that but I guess I wasn’t really cut to do those. I even took lessons and I’m still stuck with stick figures. The feature is a nice gesture to do – I’m sure it will inspire more young, creatives to keep doing what they love and to pursue this passion.

• Reply Nya August 6, 2016 at 3:05 am

Wow, his work is absolutely beautiful! I thought his answers were very inspiring as well. I’ve always admired Art, being a graphic designer myself, but I was never that good in hand drawing. Thanks for sharing this lovely piece.

• Reply Berlin August 6, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Such great young artist! Hope there be more programs and advocacies re honing young talents. And thanks for your kindness featuring him here as they deserve the recognition talaga.

• Reply Candice Nikeia August 7, 2016 at 11:24 am

Wow! He is an amazing artist! He has a bright future ahead of him. I love the colors he uses and the way he creates a story through art. I wish I could draw like him!

xoxo, Candice

• Reply Jane Rosewood August 7, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Wow, amazing works and a very cool idea for a post series. He does have a good technique. It’s always fantastic to support the people that helped you along the way. Keep up the good work!

• Reply Sabine August 9, 2016 at 4:52 am

WoW his work on the water color pad is fabulous! Really fantastic! Where can I buy this? I live in Sweden but I absolutely love this! He can contact me! http://Www.sofarsosabine.com