Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays 26

August 5, 2016

This week’s post will be something about my favorite chocolate of all-time. Read about them here.

Favorite Chocolate

It has been years since I made Hershey’s Milk Chocolate my all-time fave. I still remember the first time I tasted it. It was Β Hershey’s Kisses (milk chocolate) and I fell in love. Literally!

favorite chocolate

Photo credits: Hershey’s site

Ever since that day, it has always been my all-time comfort food. Whenever I feel like crying or sad, I will always crave for Hershey’s Milk Chocolate. Yet, I have to be mindful of tonsilitis or pharyngitis as well.

It has been trademark to acquire those kind of sickness whenever I indulge on my fave chocolate so much.

Not so long ago, I started baking. Baking is not an innate skill or talent but it was something out of boredom. Then, my mom and I started making banana cakes through a version of the Happy Call pan. Since I love anything with chocolate in it (except for chocolates with nuts), I tried making cupcakes with chocolate chips. There were Hershey’s chocolate chips (for baking) in the supermarkets and groceries in Legazpi. My heart was so happy! It literally skipped a beat! (Or maybe I’m just exaggerating)

Why Hershey’s?

Unsolicited Flashback

As a small child, I was prone to being sick almost every week because:

1. Asthma
  2. Tonsilitis (or Pharyngitis)
Related:  Favorite Fridays 12

My life was somehow always been guarded. I was not allowed too much physical activities (e.g. playing, running around) nor eat the sweets that I really like (e.g. CHOCOLATES). I was happy with gummy bears may it be the ones in the grocery stores or the ones being sold along the road. I was happy to see other kids having sweets while I was always on the watch. I would have an allowance or a limit to the number of pieces of chocolate that I would eat.

Really, Why do I love Hershey’s?

There are just a few reasons why I love them but surely it’s somehow worth a read! 😂

• For my taste buds, the sweetness it contains is just right. Not too sweet, not too bland.
  • It once served as my meals for the whole day; from breakfast to dinner. It felt so awesome!
  • It gives me energy. Even if people would say that it’s just sugar rush, I feel different. It’s like my energy is amplified by the chocolate. It’s weird, right? 😂
  • It exists in various forms! From kisses to nuggets to snack bars and bars; there are so many choices! Oh, there’s also the giant bar and giant kisses!
  • It is my go-to comfort food! Whenever I feel down, a bite of this will instantly lift my mood up!
  • Not only I love these but also my mom! Although her choice is the dark chocolate or the ones with almonds but it’s still Hershey’s!
Related:  Favorite Fridays 10

How about you? What’s your favorite chocolate? 😊

• Reply Alyssa tuangco August 5, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I love Hershey’s chocolate too! Well the cookies and cream but they’re both delicious. I’m a fan of white chocolates πŸ™‚ It’s nice that you’re baking too.

• Reply danabells August 5, 2016 at 3:12 pm

I love hershey’s chocolate too! especially the cookies and cream! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sharon Wu August 6, 2016 at 9:11 am

Love Hershey’s chocolate! Yum! xo, sharon

• Reply ann August 6, 2016 at 11:46 am

I also love Hershey’s especially their Hershey’s sandwich spread it’s so mouthwatering ^^

• Reply ROBERT LEE August 6, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I used to love chocolates and Hershey’s being one of the brands I liked. Back in my childhood, the choices were either Goya (local) or Hershey’s (if imported). So I guess aside from the taste, it was also a … let’s say a status symbol. FYI, when I say my childhood, we are talking about 40 plus years ago. πŸ™‚

• Reply Martine August 6, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I’m not a chocolate bar or candy bar person, but I do enjoy a Hershey’s kiss from time to time. It’s a nostalgia thing mostly: we grew up with some variant of Hershey’s Kisses at home. I use Hershey’s cooking chocolates for cookies and brownies now that I am a mom!

• Reply Teresa Dumadag August 6, 2016 at 7:46 pm

I love chocolates! My favorites are Cadbury and Toblerone. When I was a kid, I could finish a BIG bar in one sitting if no one stops me! hahaha That’s why I always had tonsillitis!

• Reply Maria August 8, 2016 at 2:19 am

Me too!! It was like my not-so-fave-but-always-there sickness when I was a kid. Hahaha!

• Reply Veronica August 7, 2016 at 2:29 am

Why Hershey’s? Just because! Seriously, it is so tasty. Have you aver tried the white one? That one is probably the best I ever tried in my life.

• Reply Maria August 8, 2016 at 2:18 am

Is that the cookies and cream? If it is, oh yes. I have tried. So goooooood!!

• Reply Carola August 7, 2016 at 3:02 am

Hershey’s… Haven’t heard from this brand before. But since I loooove chocolate, I’m so glad your shared this!! I will definitely try this out. I’ve already found it online and will order it soon :).
    My favorite chocolate? Tony Chocolonely. Have you heard of this brand? They have the most awesome tastes (Like sea salt & caramel, milk/popcorn/discodip, orages/rosemary and way more! Besides that I love their mission: crazy about chocolate, serious about people. (they aim for a 100% slave-free chocolate industry)

• Reply Maria August 8, 2016 at 2:18 am

I haven’t heard of this because I don’t see it in our country πŸ™ but if ever it will be available, I would love to try it out! πŸ™‚

• Reply Stella the Travelerette August 7, 2016 at 8:34 pm

I’ve never really eaten much Hershey’s! But I do agree that chocolate is very emotional. I really like boxes of filled chocolates. Whether it’s caramel or fruit or nut filling I am always happy with the surprise inside.

• Reply Zwitsy August 8, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Aside from Hersheys, I love kinder and lindt. Those are the chocolate brands I love. Well, the tangy flavor of kinder what makes me stick to it. As for lindt, well everything I have tried tastes perfectly awesome so I guess that says it all.

• Reply Cai Dominguez August 8, 2016 at 9:16 pm

I love hersheys. Who doesn’t right? The taste is just perfect. I also love toblerone ❀️ gosh! Your post is making me crave for chocolates

• Reply Bernadette Angelie Pangilinan August 9, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I remember when I was elementary my mom left a bar of Hersheys Milk Chocolate on my study table by accident. Of course I ate it all. Haha! I ended up with a really bad case of tonsilitis and I wasn’t able to attend school for two weeks. Haha!

• Reply Maria August 9, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Wow. Two weeks? The longest that I was out for tonsilitis was only for a week. Haha!

• Reply jaear paguio August 9, 2016 at 11:26 pm

I love this chocolate especially the one with almonds. I’m a sucker for chocolates with almonds. I used to buy a bar every night when i was a kid.

• Reply jared's mum August 14, 2016 at 2:04 am

I love chocolates and this one is just way too cool. I most especially enjoy the almond variants.