Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays 27

August 19, 2016

Favorite Color

Another Friday means another favorite. This time, it will be about my favorite color.

The Favorite Color

Every person has their own favorites and from those they would gather inspiration, motivation and creativity. For some, the theme of their stuff seem to affect their productivity. It either creates a suitable ambiance for us to be able to work properly. Not only that it could be applicable to work but also with school and other things.

Things you see around could help you and even influence you to do great things. Yet some are affected differently in seeing their favorites.

Favorite color

Favorite color on my business cards.

And it’s blue.

It may be of different shades of blue. From sky blue, light blue, royal blue to navy blue as long as it is blue. My room in Legazpi has blue walls. Before, others would tell me that I’m boyish or I might become a lesbian just because I like blue and like to play with remote-controlled cars.

Sometimes, all you need is a gelato to cheer you up.

A photo posted by Kristine Redillas (@mariaisquixotic) on

Anyway, there are so many reasons why I like the color blue:
  • It’s so calming to the eyes. That whenever I look at anything blue, I would automatically be relaxed and refreshed as well.
  • Seeing stuff that’s blue reminds me very well of the beach, the sea and the ocean. Practically, the water forms. It also is soothing.
  • Even if blue may be connected with Sadness because of the movie Inside Out, but honestly, blue is one of the colors that always makes me happy, bubbly and strong!
  • With my sheets, pillowcases that are blue, I always have a good night sleep. Since it’s refreshing to me, whenever I sleep with my blue-covered bed and pillows, I just seem to sleep soundly.
  • Lastly, not only that it may be refreshing & calming but it also gives me a spark to accomplish the things that I need to do. Just like a spark plug.
Favorite Color

One of the motivational quotes that inspires me.

Blue just reminds me of Mayon. Whenever I see her, it seems like I could be like Supergirl that could soar the heavens above.

The Mayon that I’m referring to is the Mayon Volcano in Albay. The most perfect cone shaped volcano in the world.

Buhay probinsya; buhay na masaya. Mayon, o kay ganda. Sana’y muling masilayan.

A photo posted by Kristine Redillas (@mariaisquixotic) on

Tell me, what’s your favorite color? 😊

• Reply Sydney Fashion Hunter August 22, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I also love the colour blue. It works so well when you mix different shades in outfits. I am a little confused though with your comments about being boyish , turning into a lesbian and playing with remote control cars. Surely no-one has seriously said these thing to you because you like blue?

• Reply Maria August 24, 2016 at 2:15 am

Some did comment on my preferences like playing with remote-controlled cars than dolls.

• Reply Joanna August 22, 2016 at 6:46 pm

My favorite color is purple and it has been for years now. I used to buy everything in purple. These days I am diversifying, but it still has a special place in my heart. It’s not great to have a purple wardrobe, no matter how much I love the color πŸ™‚

• Reply ROBERT LEE August 22, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Blue is like the yin and yang. It’s more of one than the other though. Blue could be feeling the blues, or for a postive person, blue is the color of the sky and the sea. We all have our favorite colors, and I have several actually. Blue is one, the others green and orange. πŸ™‚

• Reply Berlin August 22, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Blue is such a nice choice as ones fave color. I remember when I was in high school. Blue was a favorite. Blue is still a favorite but other colors are just too interesting that I prefer them than blue. Yup, blue is to tranquility. It has a calming effect like those quiet waters of the sea.

• Reply Amanda @ Go Book Yourself August 23, 2016 at 4:12 pm

I find blue to be quite a calming color too. Especially the more pastel tones. That picture with the volcano is amazing. I love the blue shade in the sky.

• Reply Sriparna August 23, 2016 at 5:11 pm

No doubt about the shades of Blue. They are so gorgeous. Recently I’m in love with the turquoise shade! My favourite colour is White. But I favour all the others based on my mood too πŸ™‚

• Reply Maaya Legaspi August 23, 2016 at 10:07 pm

I think I can relate to you. Blue isn’t my main color but I like it because of how calming it is, and because it’s the color of the sky and the ocean. When in comes to fashion, I like navy blue because it really looks chic and classy at the same time. But being the girly me, I would choose pink anytime, any day! haha!

• Reply Martine August 24, 2016 at 1:50 am

I love your biz card! I am a pink girl through and through. My blog is filled with the color! I like shades of blue, though, like yours here.

• Reply Angelie Pangilinan August 24, 2016 at 2:48 am

I love color blue too because it’s such a refreshing color. However, my favorite has got to be mint green. I don’t know what’s with mint green but I feel like it’s very relaxing to look at.

• Reply walkwithmisspiggy August 24, 2016 at 8:26 am

I love the color blue. It gives me a calm feeling and reminds me of the waves of the sea and summer.

• Reply Shai Habon August 24, 2016 at 9:49 am

Things you see around could help you and even influence you to do great things. – This is certainly true! I love color blue too. It’s my favourite hue because it looks refreshing! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sabine August 24, 2016 at 3:46 pm

My favorite color used to be blue when I was a kid. Now my favorite color is pink. For clothes I like mostly black and white. Blue seems to be the color on Instagram that gives you the most followers.

• Reply Maria August 25, 2016 at 1:55 am

Really? How did you know about blue and Instagram followers? That got me curious.

• Reply Chardy Baldyosa October 6, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Everyone of us is different and unique, each with our own interests and skills. It’s so refreshing to see people like you who really emphasize on what they want and what they can do. People like you are one of the most interesting ones. I’d rather have friends who voice out their likes than those who vhooses to play safe with the majority. Interesting as always maria! πŸ™‚