Places Thoughts

The Avenue Plaza Hotel

August 16, 2016

The Avenue Plaza Hotel

It has been weeks since our queen’s birthday. This is where you could read more about our experience and my thoughts about The Avenue Plaza Hotel.

The Avenue Plaza Hotel

Almost a month since our queen’s birthday and I could still vividly picture our hotel room. It was so tranquil and serene there. The bed was so comfortable that I literally jumped on it when we arrived. The place welcomed us with such vibrant colors that were so warm and gave us a boost.

Avenue Plaza Hotel

Hotel Entrance

The Avenue Plaza Hotel is located near the Basilica of Our Lady of Peñafrancia. Tourists would always stay here since it’s near the river where the fluvial procession happens and also near the church where masses are celebrated during the Peñafrancia Festival.

When we got to Naga, we really did not have a concrete plan. We were more of the whatever-will-be-will-be-the-future-is-not-ours-to-see people. We were happy with just having meals together and laughing and enjoying moments than being active with life. To be honest, it was hard to leave the place since it was really so comfortable.

It was so hard for me to leave because I really was not able to try their pool although I was able to play a few notes on their grand piano.

The Hotel

Avenue Plaza Hotel

Top view of hotel lobby

When we first entered the hotel, there is this floral arrangement that would greet you. The environment was so lovely. It only has five (5) floors and our room was on the 5th floor. It had a balcony or a veranda where the you can see the Bicol river and the neighboring house.

The people working there were so courteous and delighted because there were new customers. A meeting was being held there when we checked in and it was also on the same floor. The hallways were spacious and almost every floor has a couch where you can lounge before entering you respective rooms.

Related:  Paano Ba 'To?!

Music downstairs maybe heard up to the 3rd floor and it’s quite amusing since I was one of the people who played on their piano.

Avenue Plaza Hotel

Plants along hallway

Rates

Since it was a five-star hotel, or so others say, rates are a bit expensive. It was a good thing that when we were there, my mom and aunt had their senior citizen cards which gave them discount when we checked in.

There were four (4) classification of rooms and under the first two (2) classifications, there were sub-classifications:

• Spazio (Superior)
    • Queen — Php 5700.00 (USD 121.24)
    • Twin — Php 5900.00 (USD 125.49)
  • Spazio Grande (Deluxe)
    • Queen — Php 7100.00 (USD 151.01)
    • Twin — Php 7400.00 (USD 157.40)
  • Palazzio (Executive Suite) — Php 12000.00 (USD 255.24)
  • Presidential Suite — Php 20000.00 (USD 425.39)

*For extra bed or person, Php 1000 / USD 21.27

*Fixed rate, not even the senior citizen discount was honored.

Notes:

• Rates are inclusive of 12% E-VAT.
  • Group discounts/convention rates are available.
  • Rates apply for single or double occupancy.
  • Two (2) children, 12 y/o and below, occupying the same room and sharing bed and amenities with parents are free of charge.
  • Inclusive of breakfast for two at Café Plazuela.
  • Check out time is 12:00 noon.
    • Late check out is upon request, subject to room availability and corresponding charges.

Rates are subject to change without prior notice.

The Experience

Avenue Plaza Hotel

The dry pool

★★★★

I would give the experience at Avenue Plaza Hotel a 4 out of 5 stars. Everything was okay except that I was not able to use the pool or experience its majestic water because it was under maintenance when we got there. I know it’s too shallow but I was there to have some staycation and my itinerary included a dip in the pool. So instead of the pool, I just utilized the tub inside our room. It may not be a great substitute but I was able to dip nevertheless.

Related:  El Real x Maria

The room service was quick and even though the menu said that they would just operate between this hours, they still accommodated my order. Yet, it was bitin (loosely translates to: lacks something or not enough) because it was served in a wine glass and for me, it was not enough.

Avenue Plaza Hotel

Choco Frappe (decaf)

What added to my sort of disappointment was that when I asked permission to play the grand piano when we got there, I somehow got the impression that only the skilled ones could play. By skilled, like super duper talented like a musical prodigy.

I know it’s for the welfare of the instrument but sometimes, the manner of saying it could damage one’s confidence and way of thinking towards others. Every person has different skills. It varies in every aspect. Art is very subjective, you cannot simply objectify who’s skilled or not. Skills can be developed.

Nevertheless, I still continued to play on the grand piano and share my love for music. I just hope that I cultivated something in their minds like listening to classical music could help productivity and relax one’s mind.

Avenue Plaza Hotel

A lovely place to spend the night in

Hence, realizing from that, you should not let negative words affect you. If you think you are skilled, then go for it. If you need that you need some tweaking, go practice!

That’s it for the Avenue Plaza Hotel! 😁

So what’s your desired hotel staycation? 😊

• Reply ROBERT LEE August 16, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Very nice. Naga City is a metropolitan city with a big population, the other being Manila and Cebu. That Avenue Plaza is really one of the best hotels in Naga today. No kidding. That is Makati standard in Bicol. Of course people from Naga love to say, “wala sa Manila niyan.” Proud people and I mean that as a compliment.

• Reply Roselle Carlos-Toledo August 16, 2016 at 4:19 pm

The hotel room looks nice but I agree with you that it’s somewhat pricey. I also feel disappointed whenever I miss the chance of dipping in the pool at the hotel I’m staying in.

• Reply Nilyn Matugas August 16, 2016 at 4:33 pm

I’ll be honest I’ve never stayed in a 5-star hotel yet and to me, it really is expensive. lol. But I’d love to have a staycation with my family at a nice hotel one day. We’re planning to do that when my husband comes home from work.

• Reply Berlin August 16, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Surely such a nice experience. And playing that piano was such a nice way to renew that love for music.

• Reply Michelle August 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I agree. The place is a bit expensive. I never tried to staycation-ing, ever because I find hotel accommodations, especially for the high class or well-known ones, are pretty expensive and out of our budget. But I honestly would love to give it a try. Lol. Anyway, I got sad a bit about the piano incident you’ve experienced. But don’t let anyone bring you down. I believe you have a brave soul and you are bound to big things in life. 😉

• Reply Dominic Barrios August 17, 2016 at 12:01 am

Judging by the rates, that hotel was pretty expensive. Judging by the photos, it wasn’t that big or maybe there were just not enough photos to make a proper judgment. But anyway, I thought they didn’t allow you to play the piano but how were you able to play it ? Anyway, it’s been a long time since I was able to visit Naga. Next time, maybe I’ll try to look for that hotel.

• Reply Maria August 17, 2016 at 11:21 pm

I told them that I’m skilled enough to play the piano and when I played, I showcased my talent. Hahaha!

• Reply Mirriam August 17, 2016 at 7:34 am

I have never been to Naga but I will definitely put this on my list. The place looks posh but cozy. The price is not bad too. What is its hotel rating?

• Reply Maria August 17, 2016 at 11:20 pm

It is said to be a 5-star hotel! 😀 Hope you’ll reach Naga soon. 🙂

• Reply walkwithmisspiggy August 17, 2016 at 8:25 am

Same with Mirriam, I have never been to Naga but I heard a lot of good things on that province in Bicol. The hotel looks cozy and a perfect place to relax but it is expensive but will consider this once I plan to go Naga

• Reply Elle Mystique August 17, 2016 at 11:58 am

I laughed on that part where you at least had a dip, on the tub though, because it’s a part of your itinerary. It’s really frustrating to not being able to follow what’s on your itinerary, right sis? 😀 The photos actually reminded me of Cocoon Boutique Hotel in QC, but the pool is on the rooftop. I definitely agree with what you said that “skills can be developed” and I just hope that if one day I find myself checking in at The Avenue Plaza Hotel (though I don’t know when will that be because my pocket can’t afford a 5star hotel’s rate. hehehe!), I would have the skills, and guts to play on their grand piano. 😀

• Reply Maria August 17, 2016 at 11:19 pm

I know! Especially if you’re somewhat oc. Hahaha! I do hope you get to try them too! 🙂

• Reply Cai Dominguez August 17, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Wow! I never been to Naga and this is an ideal place to stay. I don’t need to touch the bed to judge how soft and comfortable it is. By simply looking at it I know it is. Is the curtain color gray? I noticed most hotel’s curtain are gray. I’m starting to love this color 🙂

• Reply Zwitsy August 18, 2016 at 12:13 am

whoah! Pretty high rates but checking the ambiance, I bet it’s worth it after all. On the other hand, I definitely agree on the note that if you are skilled, go for it and if you need to improve something, go and practice. If only people have similar views on being questioned about their capabilities, sure that we are all successful in the means of confidence and towards our passion. 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ Curly sue review August 24, 2016 at 4:28 pm

The hotel looks nice. It seems very warm and inviting. I wish they had let you play the piano though! Can you imagine if every visitor played a song from their country. It would be great!

• Reply Kai September 30, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I’m from Naga City and I’ve seen this hotel many times thinking of what it’s like inside. Recently my mom plans to book there and I now have an idea of the rates. 🙂

Kai