Workshops

Love for Letters

July 27, 2016

Love for Letters

This is an upcoming workshop by Noni Devora wherein she’ll profess her love for letters. She’s a fellow leftie, Agnesian and Bicolana who’s also passionate about letters.

Love for Letters

In this workshop called Love for Letters, it is Noni’s first of hopefully a series of workshops. Little as you know, her sister, Nissa is a dear friend of mine. I’ve been supporting fellow lefties and local crafters and artists in the country. Though arts and crafts is still a struggle, we Filipinos always know how to succeed with perseverance.

Who is Noni?

Noni Devora is a graphic designer by day and a crafter and letterer at night. She immerses herself in different crafts and art forms but her particular love for lettering and typography influences most of her design work.
In 2015, Noni and her friends formed Milk Collective, a lifestyle brand where each member creates his or her own signature products. Hers are hand-painted pouches and boxes inspired by sweet & whimsical memories of childhood.
More of her here.

Love for Letters

One of Noni’s works in collaboration of Couch.

Leftie Struggles

Being a leftie has been a challenge especially if you connect it with calligraphy. People would usually say that lefties and calligraphy do not mix well or could not work together. Various artists have emerged and they are lefties. There are other aspiring artists as well who are lefties but never gave up in order to pursue the craft.

Among those is Noni, she has been practicing for years and now she wants to share all the knowledge she acquired in practicing this craft. Loving letters has been always there since we use letters to form the words that we utter. Writing, illustrating or scribbling them is just one of the many things you can do with it.
Love for Letters

Noni’s love for letters is almost everywhere. From her pouches to bags.

The Workshop

Love for Letters

Workshop Details

Details:

When: August 28, 2016, 1 to 4pm

Where: Common Room Rockwell

How to sign-up?

1. You may sign-up by going to this link. Fill out the form. (highly suggested)
  2. Send Noni an email thru: nonidevora@gmail.com

Workshop Fee

The regular workshop fee is Php 2200 (USD 46.65) but if you availed of the early bird promo, you may secure your slot by paying Php 2000 (USD 42.41).

The early bird promo is until August 10, 2016 only.

What’s included?

Every student will be having a lettering kit which includes:

• Workbook
  • Drill sheets
  • Pencil
  • Eraser
  • Ruler
  • Watercolor brush
  • ZIG Fudebiyori brush
  • Gold poster color
  • Watercolor papers
  • Black sheets
Love for Letters

What you will be receiving! Photo credits: Noni

It also includes afternoon snacks! All the items the student will be receiving will be placed in a bag specially made by Couch in collaboration with Noni Devora.

Photos are from Noni Devora.

Hurry and sign-up now!

• Reply Noni July 27, 2016 at 7:19 am

Thank you so much Kristine!!! <3

• Reply Maria July 27, 2016 at 6:02 pm

You’re very welcome, Ate Noni! 🙂

• Reply theresa July 27, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I wanted to attend this though I’m not a leftie. Recently I’ve been practicing letters, particularly brush pen calligraphy. Workshops like this is a good tool in helping other hone their craft. I’m always in awe with anyone who’s a leftie because I think they’re creative. Most people I know are.

• Reply Maria July 27, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Hola! This is not exclusive for lefties. You are welcome to attend and join the workshop 🙂

• Reply Noni July 29, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Hi there Theresa! This workshop is open to everyone whether you’re a leftie or a rightie (is that a term? haha). Feel free to join us. 🙂

• Reply Ann Balisbis August 10, 2016 at 12:35 pm

I’ve always wanted to attend a Calligraphy workshop but something always came up making me unable to join. Goo thing that Noni is planning to make a series of workshop for this. At least I can still sign up in the future. Hoping that I’ll catch a perfect timing then. 🙂

• Reply Miranda August 13, 2016 at 9:39 pm

My 9yo is a leftie. Teaching him to write was a serious challenge and he still has a few struggles with forming letters correctly. He is slowly learning how to write and hold his pencil the correct way. I would love to see him participate in a calligraphy class as I was able to learn calligraphy. I love the way the letters appear and how they are formed!

• Reply Sabine August 13, 2016 at 9:43 pm

What a great workshop! I understand it must be a bit more difficult being a legt handen person. Great that you offer help. This webshop would be cool if I lived closer by.

• Reply Berlin October 9, 2016 at 1:33 pm

its already October. And i wasnt able to update myself re this schedule. Too bad. I am really on the look out of calligraphy classes , specially free ones. Ihihi. Seriously though, calligraphy is something i find relaxing and fulfilling. How i wish i really find time to practice and hang a few pieces of my work.

• Reply Thelittlelai: Beyond limitss October 25, 2016 at 12:01 am

I had never get a chance to hear about this calligraphy word not until I arrived in your website. It is very interesting and how I wish i could a attend a workshop like this as well. I don’t have a big heart in art cause never been good at it, but I always appreciate the beauty that lies in an art work. Great piece by the way!

LaiAriel