Blogging

The Idea List

July 4, 2016

Idea List

In blogging, various ideas come into the creative minds of its owners. Yet, owners or the people behind may need a list to keep the blog alive. Certain amount of dedication may be required.

The Idea List

In blogging, there are various categories or niches that you could write about. There are those who are so industrious to do challenges similar to the ones seen on Instagram and other social networking sites. The idea is to stick to it up until it’s over. Then, you give yourself a pat on the back for completing it. Hence, there’s this “the idea list” that I call to help me with blogging.

In a page in my fave journal [x], there I have written ideas for my existing blog series. Notes on how could I write more and even notes about events that I attend. Yet, most of the time I rely on the apps on my phone to help me note and remember what transpired during the event.

Creating the List

In an app or a notebook or a journal, you will be able to create a list that eventually help you to be a better blogger or person. Scribbling down whatever things you may think is quite helpful and handy. You’ll be able to go back to it a while after. If you wish to push a project but can’t quite remember what you want, glancing back at the list would be quite a help.

The Idea List

Journal from Hokkoh Shop

This is a journal I got from Hokkoh Shop a while back and it contains random scribbles. With a journal like this, you could be able to write anything under the sun.

Here’s how to create your idea list:
  • Choose a journal that could be easily brought anywhere or a free app.
    • Make sure that you will be able to access it wherever you may be. Ideas could pop in our minds day in and day out and even in the most unexpected time.
  • Always have a writing tool with you in case you chose to have a journal/notebook. It would help you a lot when scribbling down.
  • Visit various places. Don’t let yourself be confined in a building that may disrupt your creativity or your bubble. Have an adventure with yourself!
    • Talking to yourself on your solo trip is normal!
  • Take photographs of the places you have gone too. It could help you remember the sceneries you saw and boost your creativity once in a while.
    • Don’t worry about the camera. Any will do as long as it captivates the right moment and you see what your eyes really see.
    • If you don’t have a camera but you are so good in drawing, you can illustrate it.
  • Read a book that you surely like. Hope that the book will ignite your imagination and start sparks inside your head.
  • Always keep it near you. You’ll never know, you might have an idea right before you go to sleep or wake up.

There are no right or wrong ideas. Every person has his/her own lightbulbs that would *ding* whenever you have thought of something. Honestly, I once wrote try cooking those mini-octopus corndogs you saw in another site. Lo and behold! I did try making those. It was fun!

The past few posts about calligraphy and fave Fridays were all listed about a month ago. I may have forgotten the exact time being when I did the list but surely it was helpful when I was feeling the drive to blog. I remembered myself then trying to figure out what to blog about next then suddenly, all ideas rushed in. Good thing, my fave journal was there in my reach. Off to scribbling I was!

But remember to have motivation and dedication to do and accomplish your list! Without those, the list is just a list with scribbles on it.

The only catch is this:

Even if you have the list, you have to make sure to find time to be able to try or accomplish it. It may serve as a bucket list/to-do list/goals list or whatever list you may call it. As long as you stick to it, you’ll be fine.

How about you? Do you have a list of your own? 😊

• Reply Jaear Paguio July 4, 2016 at 9:23 pm

This is a good read and very true. I personally have a hard time with ideas at times. I usually have something popping in my mind but I tend to lose it when i don’t start on it right away or right down the main idea at-least. Having a pen and paper with me definitely saved some of the ideas i was inspired to write about in the future.

• Reply Dawn July 5, 2016 at 12:55 am

Good read! I also have my journal with me all the time where I write my ideas and I also used that to come up with a blog name but everytime an idea pops into my head I usually use my notes on my phone. Because I get ideas all the time and forgets it so I make sure to write it down Thank you for sharing this!

• Reply Nya July 5, 2016 at 4:36 am

Keeping a list is really a good idea. Sometimes I have some unusually great ideas and then they are forgotten very easily! So I started adding some notes to an app on my phone. It also helps with some pressure : “You have to write about this. And this. And this. And do this. And this” haha 🙂

• Reply Nica July 5, 2016 at 7:34 am

I can relate to this post! I love it how you make it so real and that what makes a great post! Will definitely add your blog to my favorites 🙂

• Reply Xavier B July 6, 2016 at 6:49 am

I don’t really have a proper list. I do have a small notebook that I try to have with me all the time. As I’m thinking about writing some short stories, any time I have some ideas that come up from nowhere, I’ll write them down. Then in the end, I start putting them on the computer with all the rest and make the pieces come together 🙂

• Reply ROBERT LEE July 6, 2016 at 11:02 am

The Notes app on the phone comes in handy. At anytime during the day, while working or others, ideas on writing come. Of course if this is not written down, we forget. So, write it on the notes app. It’s not all the time a notebook could be brought out. This is yet another idea for ideas 🙂

• Reply Princess Mikee July 6, 2016 at 6:27 pm

I also have a list for myself. All the pending posts and the future ideas are on it. It is really important to keep a journal of everything and slashed it out once accomplished. It is somewhat achievement for me if I can cope up with my list.

• Reply Rowena C July 6, 2016 at 10:27 pm

I have a list of what I write as well and I bring a notebook with me all the time because there are times that ideas come when you least expect it.

• Reply Roselle Toledo July 7, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I always bring my belle de jour planner, a notebook, lots of pen, a camera phone and a good book whenever I go out. I would really love to own a netbook or a tablet that’s capable of blogging. My laptop is too heavy to carry around.

• Reply Charm Gamboa July 7, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I always do this everywhere I go. I use a physical notebook, the notes app on my phone and sticky notes on my laptop. I always forget things if I don’t write them down. This is actually a good read for people who loves to write.

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) July 7, 2016 at 9:41 pm

I write too much digitally, but I think it’s best to still keep a physical journal because my writing is so much different. I didn’t care about audiences, grammar or tone. I just let it all out.

• Reply Carola July 8, 2016 at 6:33 am

I keep a list as well :). Whenever I feel inspired, I try to write down as much as possible. It’s nice to have some ideas on what to write about. I mostly come up with ideas when I go for a wallk. Then I can just clear my mind and listen to music. And then the ideas start coming.

• Reply Sonnie July 8, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I always have a notebook, or I use a universal app (syncs on my lap top and phone) to jot down my ideas. From there, I prioritise writing those that is burning in my soul so thoughts and words will freely flow.

• Reply Johna July 8, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I love listssss! Hehe. Helps me stay organized and productive! I usually keep my lists in my planner. Always have it with me

• Reply Stella the Travelerette July 8, 2016 at 10:48 pm

What a good idea to have an idea list! I always carry a small commonplace book with me and a pen so I can jot down my thoughts when I travel. The only problem is that my handwriting is so bad! No one can read what I write. My notebooks are not as pretty as yours, but they don’t weigh my purse down at least.

• Reply Klaudia July 9, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Great post ! Brilliant ideas and the app idea is just the BEST ! How often do we forget things , and it’s not getting better with age .LOL Very handy tips !

• Reply Dominic Barrios July 11, 2016 at 12:49 am

I do this alot! I have notes on my phone that’s why I love Galaxy Note for the handy note apps. I list down all the topics I have in mind and then think some more “what other things do I need to write about that would be very helpful to other people”? It’s fun and exciting so I always look forward to planning these things.

• Reply Leona July 13, 2016 at 11:31 am

Journaling is really great for creating the ideas i used to do that a lot as sometimes the idea will come and disappear when we don’t write it down, nowadays i mostly key them into my phone on the go. i wonder if that is not that good, paper is still the best.

• Reply Louisa January 30, 2017 at 2:19 am

I come up with ideas at the oddest times. Usually when I’m taking a shower. By the time I get out I completely forget what exactly my idea was. I know it’s crazy! The best thing I can do is use the notepad app. It’s been so helpful.