Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays 24

June 24, 2016

favortie journal

Every person has his or her own favorites. This week is about the favorite journal that has been with me for almost a year now.

Favorite Journal

Favorite Journal

The favorite of this week!

This favorite journal was bought from a bookstore just near the corner. It’s from a brand called Yeah Just You. This does not cost more than Php 300 and it’s very easy to carry.

In connection to practicing calligraphy and being artsy in a way, I prefer to have blank journals so I do not feel restricted with what I write or scribble down. This gives me the freedom to express my deepest thoughts and emotions or whatever is going through in my mind. Not only that it helps me with the artsy side, but it also gives me freedom to take down notes from school. From doodles to scribbles, now with academic notes. This journal accompanied me through thick and thin.

Favorite Journal

Random scribbles from calligraphy practice.

Description:

• Its color is teal or a dark turquoise.
  • It has also a bookmark of the same color of the cover to help you mark where did you last use a page or if you want to remember something special. (e.g. quote or notes)
  • In truth, it costs Php 249.75 (rounded off to Php 250). Not bad for a plain journal!
  • The paper is quite thick since it manages to hold up to watercolor (Simbalion and Prang) plus inks used for calligraphy (Walnut Ink, Dr. Ph Martin Bombay Ink).
  • Not only it holds up to watercolor and ink but also to brush pens and since I use brush pens now, it has stood up to ZIG Kuretake Fudebiyori, ZIG Cocoiro Letter Pen, Sakura Pigma Brush, Artline Brush Stix, Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen (Brush), ZIG Brushables, ZIG Scroll & Brush, ZIG Calligraphy metallic colours and last but not the least, ZIG Real Brush.
    • It could also hold up to Sakura Pigma Micron and Sakura Koi Coloring Brush Pen.Β This is what my SO is using for his journal since he draws more than he scribbles.
  • I found this first in National Bookstore (NBS) beside CSB and now it’s no longer present there. You can see more of this at Powerbooks in Greenbelt 3. They have a special rack there solely for this kind of journal.
  • Not only that is comes in teal but also, there’s a navy blue, yellow and red. (As far as I remember)
  • The brand has other journals too with different look. 😁

And a plus fact, that even if you tried watercolor already and it has dried up, the paper can withstand if you will write on the watercolor using brush pens (just like the ones I mentioned previously).

Favorite journal

Back of the journal.

It’s also a nice gift to someone who likes to write (not limited to notes but also like poems, short stories and other forms of literature), to draw or doodle, to scribble. Anyone can use this for whatever they wish!

Don't let the guidelines rule you when you scribble or doodle. Click To Tweet

So, what’s your favorite material to write on? 🙂

• Reply Charm Gamboa June 25, 2016 at 12:03 pm

OOOHH! I love notebooks like this with no lines and white paper. When I was a student, it’s very hard for me to look for notebooks like this. Now I know where to look for notebooks like this. I hope they will continue to produce notebooks like this because you can write freely and anything you like.

• Reply ROBERT LEE June 29, 2016 at 12:02 am

I know this one. I had been returning to National Bookstore to look for a suitable notebook for my own use and this was one I had considered buying. In the end, I bought something else.

• Reply Nimi June 29, 2016 at 1:50 am

I love how artistic you are. I tried learning calligraphy but didn’t work out well. Currently I just paint. I love carrying my lil canvas with me. This journal you carry, makes me remind of my lil canvas that I carry every where.

• Reply Carola June 29, 2016 at 2:25 am

I haven’t seen this one before. Are they being sols in Europe as well? I often carry a journal to write down stories for my website. This journal looks really nice.

• Reply Maria June 30, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I’m not sure if those are sold in Europe πŸ™

• Reply Gandolfo Beneventi @ Forex Megadroids June 29, 2016 at 5:16 pm

This is really nice notebook. I just love that turquoise color. I do not prefer blank papers because my hand writing is not nice and it would be very ugly and it would have big letters on beginning and small one at end written in curve :). I adore people who write neat, it looks much better if it is written neat on blank paper than written on paper with lines.

• Reply Sriparna June 29, 2016 at 8:16 pm

I can so relate to you on this. I have a favourite journal too.. it’s my fav because of the paper quality… I feel it makes my writing so smooth that I just don’t feel like stopping once I start. I have a separate journal for my notes, as this one is about my feelings πŸ™‚

• Reply Joanna June 29, 2016 at 8:48 pm

It looks like a pretty journal to draw on. I prefer more colorful journals. At the moment I have the Simon’s Cat diary. It’s my second year using it and it’s always a nightmare to actually find it in the bookstore as it’s very popular.

• Reply Stella the Travelerette June 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

To any writer/artist the materials are so special and precious. I love the teal color on that notebook. I collect tiny notebooks to keep in my purse so I can take travel notes. My favorite is a Detective Conan notebook I got in Tokyo.

• Reply Maria June 30, 2016 at 8:04 pm

OMG!! Detective Conan!!! Did you watch the anime? Haha

• Reply Rowena Conde June 29, 2016 at 10:50 pm

I have a journal (BDJ) as well but it is full of work stuff and schedule of my errands. I tried to be artistic with it. I even bought cute tapes and colored pens but ended up not using it. Art is not in my blood , I guess.

• Reply Denice June 30, 2016 at 4:19 am

I think I have a notebook of this brand that I used previously as my work notebook! I have been looking for sturdy notebooks because my free notebook is about to run out of pages and this seems like a good buy!

• Reply Zwitsy June 30, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Whenever I go to bookstores, I always go to journal section. Not that I’ll be buying myself one but to just get jealous of those available on its rack!!! I really love to collect such but since I am a mom, I need to be practical knowing as well that I have so many things to fix, not this time yet. But you got an awesome journal here, I like the color!!!

• Reply Swayam Tiwari June 30, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Do you use calligraphy in your posts too? By the way, it has been quite a while that I went to a bookstore- the smell of the stationary is so overwhelming there.

• Reply Maria June 30, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Sometimes, I use calligraphy on my posts. πŸ˜€

• Reply Princess Mikee June 30, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I also love blank journals because I usually do random posts and just doddles on very pages. (but not as artistic as you! lol) If I find it expensive, I usually go for drawing books.

• Reply Princess Mikee June 30, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I also love blank journals because I usually do random posts and just doddles on every pages. (but not as artistic as you! lol) If I find it expensive, I usually go for drawing books.

• Reply Maria July 1, 2016 at 2:56 am

That’s a great tip! I’ll keep that in mind. πŸ™‚

• Reply Berlin June 30, 2016 at 10:20 pm

I also love journals and my best friend would never tire of giving me new ones. I got plenty from moleskine to plain and ordinary. I love writing most to blank pages as I enjoy doodling even though there are ugly and funny. Now that I am learning calligraphy, I plan to fill my journal’s pages with sayings or anything I feel at the moment.

• Reply Maria July 1, 2016 at 2:56 am

OMG Moleskin!! <3 Yehey! I would love to see your journals <3

• Reply ROBERT LEE July 1, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Moleskin are only for people who can afford. LOL. They are really expensive… they are like… 5 or 6 times more expensive than the journal you featured here.

• Reply Maria July 2, 2016 at 2:30 am

HAHAHA! In my 23 years of existence, I only had 2 Moleskins. The first one was a gift from my mom and the next one was from savings. It was literal, “sunog pera” but totally worth it because the quality is superb. πŸ™‚

• Reply Cykaniki June 30, 2016 at 11:53 pm

I hope it is available in the National bookstore here, I have to check this out, Quality wise and budget wise

• Reply Maria July 1, 2016 at 2:55 am

True! You may try checking Powerbooks. I saw some stocks there as well but it was in Greenbelt branch. πŸ˜€

• Reply heidi williams July 1, 2016 at 12:21 am

I have been writing in Journals since I could write. That is so attractive and I could see it as a keepsake. Especially in blogging, it is nice to have a journal to write down ideas. I much prefer it to keeping notes in a cellphone or computer.

• Reply Johna July 5, 2016 at 8:00 am

Awesome! I love this segment of your blog! I also love love journals hehe. Awesome colors and soooo cheap

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) July 15, 2016 at 1:53 am

Loving the dainty feels of this! But it’s not just because of your journal, but your art. In the end it’s you who creates and weaves art into the pages πŸ™‚

• Reply Nazrin Miah July 15, 2016 at 4:31 am

I love finding the perfect journal! Since I’m coming to the end of my yearly journal which I started in the month of September since that’s the month I celebrate my birthday I am on the hunt for the next perfect journal! I like pages that feel like fabric a little bit! Makes me feel like I’m writing while in the medieval times!

• Reply Dunja July 24, 2016 at 1:28 am

I’m OBSESSED with journals like this one! I love them so much and i keep buying them even though most of them are still empty
    When i see a cute notebook / journal with blank pages i just can’t help myself lol
    Yours is really lovely, i like the color!