Out of the blue, this series was promulgated in the mind of a young lady who possesses an old soul. The young lady loves to stay at place where creativity and productivity is flourishing. One day, she discovered a lovely place called The Office Project or TOP to others.
The young lady in the introduction is me. I instantaneously fell in love with the environment that TOP has. The creators / owners / co-owners are literally geniuses! They have created a space that can induce productivity to those who are co-working and also to those who would want to their own thing. Doing their own thing meaning: blogging or studying or just merely being creative.
Hopefully, this little blog series of mine will enlighten you to what TOP can do and what has it been doing since it was born.
It has only been two months since I have been co-working and collaborating with TOP. It started from just trying it out for the very first time and eventually it blossomed into a collaboration. As you may already know, TOP is place where events / workshops / talks / meetings / work can happen. It may be your own office as well although there may be some restrictions since you’re going to co-work with others but over all, it’s a must to go here!
So, I guess that’s enough mushiness for an introduction and let’s to deeper about this series. This series aims to give an overview of what kind of events have occurred at TOP and what is it about. I may not be able to attend all but it could give give you an idea and might ignite you to start something new!
TOP Monthly: April
Last March 30, there was a talk called Social Conversations which focused on Sustainable Development Goals. It’s similar to Millenium Development Goals (which I think almost everyone knows about).
|From the event page|
It enlightened everyone who attended and listened that there are other goals that need our attention. It served as an eye-opener that there are problems that we are currently facing but do not regard it as top priority. The youth, which is the hope of the fatherland, is highly encouraged to take part in making the changes to have a sustainable planet that we could still live in the future and for the younger generations to follow. The speakers were Marian Valera and Daryl Tadique who flew in for the talk.
|Staff from Youth Vote Philippines with the speakers and Yen, community manager of TOP|
There was also an activity wherein participants were grouped into two to talk about what could have been done to attain the SDGs and what could we do to improve our own planet.
|Obligatory group photo (credits to Caela Tanjangco)|
- Sandie Asonto – a brave woman who found her true passion after going through a career shift. She shared to us the hardships she experienced and how she earned her first million in less than two years and train a growing team.
- Chi Payba-Suarez – a supermom who pursued her own business, created an e-book and nursed her newborn baby and found her true passion.
- Hazel Javier – she’s co-founded an advocacy that has produced over 19,000 volunteer opportunities while juggling her corporate job.
|Photo credits: TOP|
Just two (2) days after the talk about Finding your Passion, I found myself listening to another workshop about creating your own online shop for free! Now, this is so helpful especially for people who have online businesses but aren’t quite familiar with coding and building a site. Their workshop is sure handy!
|From the event page|
Here, they taught the attendees about ViiCart and how to create your very own online shop with it.
During the two-hour workshop, they were able to teach us:
- How to build an online shop from scratch without the hassle to coding. (Again, for people who are not very familiar with coding, this is so helpful!)
- Owning an online store where you can display your items can be very helpful especially not all have social accounts.
- It is an effective marketing tool wherein you could connect your social accounts for a better grasp with the crowd.
- It’s a very helpful tool that could take your shop to the next level!
Next up on the calendar is The Sab Stuff’s brush script lettering workshop!