Art Shopping

Art Mart BGC

May 28, 2016

Art Mart BGC

Last May 14-15, 2016, there was an art mart in Bonifacio High Street where in goodies from different artists were being sold at a more affordable prices!

Haul from Art Mart BGC

It was through a friend that I learned of this Art Mart in Bonifacio Global City (BGC). Previous trips to art mart made me feel that:

Art is for every Juan. Click To Tweet

Some may sell at a higher price but even if in the smallest of things (e.g. stickers), art can be present in that too. So here are the goodies I bought last weekend:

Art Mart BGC

Stickers from various talented artists

Stickers from various artists

These are from various artists who had their booths along Bonifacio Global City (BGC). The stickers vary from:

• Game of Thrones
  • Star Wars
  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Illustrations that I do not know how to classify but are so damn gorgeous
  • Funny sentences (which is btw, very very creative!)

You may follow some of the artists here:

From Lockets and Crafts

Sweet Pea vintage necklace from Lockets and Crafts

Vintage Necklace from Lockets and Crafts

The old soul in me was so happy when I saw the booth occupied by Lockets and Crafts. It is a handmade products from the Philippines. The one I got is fit for my birth month since Sweet Pea is the birth month flower of April alongside Daisy.

I got two necklaces for only Php 250. If you bought only one, it would cost Php 280. Normally, it would cost Php 350 (as far as I remember). There were other products designs as well. There was even an Audrey Hepburn necklace which was eventually sold before I could even buy it. 🙁

Why I bought two? Simple, because the other one will be a gift to my mom for mothers’ day and for her birthday. I just do hope she will like it. Also, it’s in accordance to her birth month flower.

If you are interested to buy, you may browse through their Etsy shop and their Facebook page.

Love local artists! Click To Tweet
Postcard from last Art Mart

Postcard from Ella Lama during last Art Mart

Postcard from Ella Lama

A few weekends back, there was also another art mart that happened in BGC. It was being sold for Php 50 and Sam bought one for me. Yay!

It’s true that I dislike being spoiled with material things but with stuff related to art, I guess it’s fine (for us). I have nothing much to say since when it comes to products created by Ella Lama, it’s always versatile just like her. She’s a very happy person and even her products, radiate that happiness. I’m so lucky to have known her! 🙂

Things why I think we should show more support local artists:
  • They are our fellow Filipino artists. They are just like us. Working so hard to produce wonderful stuff for the common items we buy (e.g. journals, notebooks, mugs, etc).
  • Some of the Filipino artists are exploring other places for their career since they don’t feel that much support and opportunities here for them are scarce. That is kinda sad, actually.
  • We appreciate foreign artists but our own? That is unfair.
Remember to support local! Click To Tweet
How about you? Do you support local artists?

• Reply ROBERT LEE May 28, 2016 at 1:18 pm

When I look at these little items, I can sometimes see how cute it can be, pero often, nope. It is when you put it to use that I could go WOW. Guess I am not creative enough, or perhaps gender has something to do with it?

• Reply mariaisquixotic May 31, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Or maybe, it’s not the kind of art that you really like? But it’s okay. We’re entitle to have our own preferences 🙂

• Reply alison May 29, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I love supporting local artists and their art. It usually has a unique outlook to it that makes it special and reminds me of home. I love that you bought a necklace for you and one for your mom! That is just sharing the love of something that you found beautiful and I think means more because it links the two of you together.

• Reply Chhavi May 29, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Definitely an awesome post. I totally agree that we should support local artist and it’s very important in lots of aspects. I work with an organisation which is trying to preserve Indian crafts and its a tough job to keep artists interested. They are inclined towards changing jobs to earn decent money. I love this post!

• Reply mariaisquixotic May 31, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Yay! Some of our local artists are really not recognized that much. And, I commend you for being a part of an organization trying to preserve Indian crafts. I hope something like that will happen here too. 🙂

• Reply Me-An Clemente May 29, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I never heard of Art Mart BGC. Thanks to you I now have an idea. Anyway, I want the funny sentences stickers too. And my boyfriend will totally like the Star Wars stickers. Hope I could see how the booths look like and the other stuff being sold.

Yes, let’s support local artists 🙂

• Reply Nadine Smith (Scenes From Nadine) May 29, 2016 at 10:48 pm

I miss going to art fairs. That vintage locket really caught my eye! The stickers are pretty cute too. I like the BB-8 sticker and the one with the bacon. Cute! Would you know when the next Art Mart is?

• Reply mariaisquixotic May 31, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Hola Nadine! Sorry but I don’t when will the next one be. 🙁

• Reply Jerny May 29, 2016 at 11:09 pm

“They are our fellow Filipino artists. They are just like us. Working so hard to produce wonderful stuff for the common items we buy (e.g. journals, notebooks, mugs, etc).”

That’s true. We should be more patriotic and that we should love our products more!

• Reply Jessica May 30, 2016 at 3:02 am

Love these items! Let’s continue suspporting Filipinos’ works. Glad to know my birth month flower now – sweet pea. Hehe

• Reply Angel May 30, 2016 at 11:53 am

Looks like you got a lot of cool things from the Art Mart. I’ve never been to one, but after seeing some of things you found there, I would be interested in going as well. 🙂

• Reply Dorothy Mae C. Torretijo May 30, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Wow!! ArtMart sounds great! I love supporting Filipino made products. The vintage necklace was beautiful;!!!

• Reply Bill May 31, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Hi, I log on to your blogs like every week. Your writing style is
    awesome, keep doing what you’re doing!

• Reply Aika Loraine June 1, 2016 at 10:16 am

Aww… I didnt know about this. 🙁 i like the Game of Thrones stickers. i like decorating my planner with art stuff.

• Reply mariaisquixotic June 2, 2016 at 2:54 am

I forgot to ask the details of the artist/s behind the GoT stickers. 🙁

• Reply jared's mum June 1, 2016 at 10:55 am

Ooh, this should be a very interesting event to check out. Those are really lovely hauls. I am sure I will have a hard time not getting a number of stuff you did if I was there! 😀

• Reply sabine June 15, 2016 at 3:51 am

I don’t support local artist. Actually I should do that. The things look cute however. I love creative things, but I don’t give it enough time. My blog is my art now haha =)

• Reply Bettina Bacani June 21, 2016 at 10:53 am

I love going to BGC Art Mart! Also, sulit yung necklaces! It’s nice that you decided to get one for your mom too 🙂 I love Ella Lama’s designs as well. I remember I got my friends notebooks from Ella for Christmas last year!