Favorite Fridays ST

Favorite Fridays 21

April 8, 2016

Favorite Fridays 21

This series will not be born if not for the thorough efforts of Joy of Paperless Panda. She motivated me to post about my favorites every week. Even though I may have some unannounced hiatus due to some reasons, I still make it to a point to update it.

To be honest, this week’s post will be about my favorite stone. It may seem weird but, it’s legit. A favorite stone that was given by Sam quite some time ago.

Gratitude Stone
Can you see it?

The history of this particular stone dates back to the year 2011 (don’t I seem to be like a narrator from some series or story?) and it came from a park in Makati. It was a date night and we celebrated mass and we were about to look for a place to eat when randomly gave me a stone. He told me it was a gratitude stone and I really don’t know what he was thanking me for that time. Ever since, I keep it alongside the rosary he gave me also. He told me that the rosary was a family heirloom that was passed down from one generation to the next. Afraid of losing it, I keep it in a pouch together with the said gratitude stone.

Gratitude stone x Family heirloom

To be honest, I find it very hard to leave my home without them and if ever I leave without them, I feel very awkward and somehow like a lunatic. But of course, I’m exaggerating. The truth is I feel lost whenever they are not with me, maybe because someone very close to my heart gave them and they have already become a part of me that cannot just be ignored.

It makes its way to TOP!

So many questions yet I feel very happy having someone being thankful about that I have become a part of his life (or so I was told). Saying thank you to every person that has touched your life isn’t bad at all. It’s normal to feel shy or awkward but when the time comes, you’ll realize that you made them feel better when you uttered those two words. A simple act of gratitude will always make the person feel appreciated no matter how small they may have helped you. Showing gratitude does not always mean that it should be grand. It may be as simple as picking something that has fallen or opening a door to someone.

Why not tell somebody how grateful you are to have them in your life?

Even if you see a stone in the photos, it doesn’t stop being a stone but it becomes a reminder that there is someone who continuously appreciates you for who you are and what you may have done to their lives to inspire them.

Don’t be shy to utter those words, surely they will have an impact that will last a lifetime.

• Reply ROBERT LEE July 1, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Very nice share. The stone in this case is a symbol of the importance of your relationship, your value, to the person who gave it to you. Having an emotional attachment and having a story behind makes the stone priceless. It is a part of you.

• Reply Jessica July 2, 2016 at 2:27 pm

This is a great part of your blog – compiling favorites. I do love collecting materials too like your stone that had symbolic memories. Most of the time, I treasure each item and see it time by time to get some motivations. 🙂

• Reply Berlin July 2, 2016 at 10:07 pm

A nice read. decided to read a few posts before i sleep and im thankful i have come across this post. This week, there are a lot of reasons for me to thank God and i started showing my gratitude by being an angel to others- smiling back or initiating a smile, yes opening a door for others, and helping someone in need.

• Reply Geraldine July 2, 2016 at 10:33 pm

The stone is symbolic of your friendship, lovely read! For me I show my gratitude by telling the person thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Reply Georgia July 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

This is such a lovely post and even if it is just a stone to look it, it holds special significance to you and the person who gave it! Really heartwarming and enjoyable post to read!

• Reply Klaudia July 2, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Lovely post and a great weekend read ! I love stones , I have got a few as well . I know about the healing power of stones , it is a natural material , and not just a dead stone , although I go by the look of the stones 🙂 a girl thing I guess 😉 Of course , the emotional value is what makes the stones so special to us . Cherish it !

• Reply Riss July 3, 2016 at 2:06 pm

A very nice post, I too collect things that were given to me even it is a small paper. It gives a feeling that words can’t explain because of its special significance to us.

• Reply Dawn July 4, 2016 at 4:23 am

Nice post! I collect things that are significant to me. My mom calls them my garbage because of the weird stuff but they mean so much to me that’s why I keep it 🙂 I have this metal heart which has no use at all! And I still keep i t 🙂

• Reply Maria July 4, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Yeah! My mom also tells me that I should learn to let go of things but I just can’t. I’m just really a sentimental person. 😀

• Reply Leona Lim July 4, 2016 at 10:05 am

this just so reminds me of my dad, my dad loves collecting such stones, like the one that is your fav, in fact i have a few that he gave me for safekeeping! they are really cooling and amazing to the touch, amazing what a stone can remind us of.

• Reply Rowena C July 6, 2016 at 1:14 pm

I have a bracelet that I always wear and whenever its not with me I always feel that a part of me is missing. The bracelet was given to me by a special someone as well.