Favorite Fridays

Favorite Fridays 17

March 4, 2016

This series was born through the wondrous efforts of Joy who blogs over at Paperless Panda, who thinks that it’s worthy to blog about my favorites even though it’s once a week (supposedly).

Favorite Fountain Pen

This week’s post is about my favorite fountain pen:

A photo posted by Kristine Redillas (@mariaisquixotic) on

This pen was given by Sam on our fourth anniversary. It was very timely since I’m pursuing my post-grad studies, the use of fountain pens is very much needed. Also, it came from one of my favorite pen brands, Parker.

Three Little Parkers

My mom was the first person to introduce me to the brand. She had a number of Parker pens since I was a kid and almost all are still alive and being kept. From the retractable ones to sign pens, she had at least one of each kind well, unless she wanted to give me one then she’ll buy another one.

This is the second Parker pen that has my name on it. The first one was given by my aunt when I graduated high school and told me, it was in preparation for college. I treated it as a treasure and always keep it safe in its case.

First Parker pen with my name

I hoard a lot of things and pens are no exception. I like to scribble different things with different instruments depending on my mood. When I use special pens (meaning, people who are dear to me gave it), it means I am happy about something or something good happened. (Kinda redundant, right? Hahaha!) Nevertheless, words are so powerful that if you write it with the right instrument, it can be immortalized and be learned by different generations.

Rizal’s Mi Ultimo Adios was written using invisible ink (salt and water) that was inserted in the lamp that was given to his relative. That ignited a lot of things, even his notable works.

Hence, quoting:

The pen is mightier than the sword.

You can fight even if you are just at the comfort of your home. You can make a statement through your writing and even through your blog.

What makes Parker my favorite pen:
  • Quality of the ink
  • Quality of the body of the pen – so durable!
  • The feeling when you write using it, it just glides in your hand!
  • My penmanship has been improving. (And of course, calligraphy helps!)
  • You can have your name engraved.
Parker pens may be expensive depending on the choice and type of the pen.

It may vary with the:
  • material of the body
  • its point (fountain pen / ballpoint / rollerball / Parker 5th)
  • ink (cartridge / ink)
Nevertheless, it’s still my favorite! Thank you for reading!

What’s your favorite pen? 😊

• Reply Jane Rosewood July 7, 2016 at 12:03 am

I never gave much thought to the specific pen I was using, but it seems to be an important matter to you so i’m trying to relate. 🙂 I wonder if these pens are expensive and if it would be something worth spending on. I hope you’ll enjoy your new pens. 🙂

• Reply Ivan Jose July 7, 2016 at 8:47 am

I love Parker pens, too. They look classy and professional, and they are affordable as well. I might get a fountain pen soon but I’m afraid of losing it.

• Reply ROBERT LEE July 7, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I agree, that is a good pen to have. It is easy to write with, sign with and yes, it comes with prestige and very appropriate for business meetings.

• Reply Cykaniki July 8, 2016 at 1:14 am

Yes indeed this one of the best pen, I don’t own one, but I was able to use Parker pen when I’m attending meetings with my boss before. It’s super nice,

• Reply Berlin July 8, 2016 at 10:09 am

I also love Parker Pen. Its the first “mamahaling” pen i bought in college. And until now, though i didnt buy any refills, i sill have with me my first Parker Pen. It has my name on it, too. Ihihi.

• Reply Charm Gamboa July 8, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I never had a Parker pen, maybe because I always lost my pens even if I label them. But I agree with you, this pen is very beautiful when writing. I tried my mom’s 🙂

• Reply Ma.Me.Mi.Mommy July 8, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Parker pens were all the rave back then. I loved my all silver one although I seem to have misplaced it already. These days, I settle for the cheapest kind as I don’t write anything much with ballpens anymore.

• Reply Maria July 8, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Maybe because we all live in the digital world now. 🙁

• Reply Tamshuk July 9, 2016 at 1:08 am

I love using my pen because I love to scribble down random stuff. I must admit this is a different post from others. Describing the importance of the pen to you

• Reply Marge July 10, 2016 at 3:27 am

This was also the favorite brand of my late father. He used to take home Parket pens before and I was using them and I didn’t even know that it’s expensive. I also had a professor who liked Parker, said it’s the only pen that she uses because it takes a long time for the ink to run out.

• Reply Rowena C July 10, 2016 at 11:17 am

I love Parker pens! Elegant and stylish. I always use this whenever I am working 🙂

• Reply Aldrick 'chiki' Zabala Agpaoa July 11, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Oh, oh! I am currently using a Parker Pen and I love it so muchies! The pen is just stylish (and durable at that!) The ink also is dark to see what you wrote easily. I will never exchange Parker for another! 🙂

• Reply Sabine July 11, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I used to have a Parker pen. They are really good quality. I love them! Great post and we should fight our fight with the pen not with the sword, that’s true!