Favorite Fridays Places

Favorite Fridays 19

March 18, 2016
fave figaro

As you may all know, this is where I indicate why and how this series was born and that is through the perseverance of Joy of Paperless Panda. Through her efforts, it stuck to me why not share my faves with you guys so I could be of help of some sort in your choices when it comes to certain things.

Fave Figaro

This week’s post is about my somehow favorite cafe.

When I was still in college, that was the time I learned about hanging out at coffee shops and trying to be productive whenever I was there. There are various coffee shops or cafes here in Taft and none of which is like this one. I’ve encountered this cafe when I was in SDA for a class for one term.

Spot the manager!

This Figaro is in Greenbelt 3 and so far, they treat their customers well. I know it’s their job to be accommodating and be nice to customers but their staff is really the best as far as I have encountered!

For a person like me, I appear that I always bring my house whenever I go out to blog or to study. I bring my notes, book, laptop, tablet, chargers, papers, pens, highlighters, that stuff. So just my stuff alone would occupy around two (2) of their tables already and if I order still, the stuff I have would now occupy almost 75% of the two tables. And sometimes, I feel that other people are staring at me because I tend to bring so many things / gadgets that may deem unnecessary but truly, they are really are important!

The two tables adjacent to each other mark the fave spot.

The Experience

When I visited their branch, I was preparing for an exam but I was also working on another post. My friend, Sabrina (of The Sab Stuff) was going to meet me there and going to teach me stuff about calligraphy that I still do not know of. When she got there, she put out her stuff and we now occupied the three (3) tables! Well, we really did not notice if people were staring at us. The staff was really nice since they helped us in fixing the table and answered our queries politely.

Figaro – Greenbelt 3 staff

Food

When it was dinner time, we contemplated if we’re going to try the eat all you can eat promo there but when we inquired about the food choices. We got sad since what we wanted was not offered so we decided to eat some place else. They were kind enough to tell us that it was not available and personally, I do ask a lot of questions and I did not feel any negative vibe from their tone or actions.

We asked if we could have “our spot” to be reserved even if we occupied two tables. They said yes! To our surprise, the manager even told us to give them a call if we will be at the place they could reserve the tables. (Doing that is actually part of the to-do list!)

But after we got back from our dinner, the spot was still there yet the plugs were occupied and I badly needed to charge so we transferred to another spot, which is the couch!

Hola, Sabrina!

That’s the couch, it is very comfortable and it ignites productivity and creativity and very near to a socket!

The socket is by the round table.
Their bookshelf is very alluring to the eyes!

The cafΓ© is surrounded with such nice decorations which really boosts the senses, the brain and the heart!

View from the couch

We also inquired about workshops and Figaro. They told us to just give them a call and they could reserve the place as long as it will not disrupt the other customers; respect their personal space as well. They even suggested a place, which is near the aircon.

Talking about food, my favourites from them are:
  • Chocolate Muffin
  • Iced Chocolate
  • Pesto Pasta
  • Classic Pepperoni
Muffins!!

Just a little background, I first encountered Figaro back in college. I tried them for the very first time when I had class in SDA. I just fell in love with their chocolate muffin and iced chocolate! For me, they are the best! It has the right amount of sweetness.

The prices are reasonable and not very expensive, in other words, swak sa budget! It’s a great place to catch up and talk with your friends, do some artworks or an art date or just purely for reading or grabbing a drink.

I suggest you try going there. The staff is very nice! (I feel like I have been saying that for quite a while now and I feel you might hate me for that. Haha!)

• Reply Mirriam July 2, 2016 at 11:19 am

Figaro at GB is one of my go to places! I find it a little cramped though but the place is cozy and the crew is fantastic.

xoxo,
    Mirriam || https://mirriamdictionary.wordpress.com/

• Reply ROBERT LEE July 2, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Back when I lived in Quezon City, I always go to the Figaro branch there. It’s not as nice as their other branches but it works for me. My only gripe on their Banawe branch was the internet which seems like it is not working. Other than that, I’d say drinks are really nice, food are average.

• Reply Maria July 4, 2016 at 3:56 pm

Also, the Figaro in Glorietta has a weak internet that’s why I like the Greenbelt branch more. Sometimes, when I chill at the Glorietta branch, I’m scared about the floor since part is inclined.

• Reply Carola July 2, 2016 at 11:50 pm

How nice that they lt you work there. Looks like a nice place. It’s great that you can have all the space you need and just can occupy a few tables. Luckily they don’t mind. It’s always better to work in these circumstances :). With a nice drink in a nice environment.

• Reply Claire Algarme July 3, 2016 at 11:03 am

The Figaro shop in Greenbelt 3 is also one of the favorite places that me and my friends hang out. It’s easy to meet up there, especially when we were going to watch movies. We would order the chocolate cake and though it is small, we would never seem to finish it! It’s so rich and tasty that a few bites would render us full. The staff are indeed nice and friendly there, I now seem to remember since you’ve highlighted it here in your post.

• Reply Jessica July 3, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Figaro is among my favorites! And oh dear, I love its Pesto Pasta too. Just simply heavenly! πŸ™‚

• Reply Maria July 4, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Haven’t tried their pesto pasta yet. It was out of stock when I last went there. I hope I could try it real soon! πŸ™‚

• Reply orana July 3, 2016 at 7:12 pm

I love workingin coffee shop. I feel much more productive than at home. Figaro sounds like a great place!

• Reply Style With Tina July 4, 2016 at 12:45 am

Nice post! Looks like a cozy place to sip a latte or read a good book. I can tell why you go there often! πŸ™‚

• Reply Stella the Travelerette July 4, 2016 at 4:29 am

How fun that you have your favorite cafe! We used to have a Cafe Figaro in my neighborhood. But sadly it is now closed. However, the food wasn’t very good. I would rather have that chocolate muffin!

• Reply Rachel Arandilla July 6, 2016 at 11:50 am

Figaro is a classic favorite in the Philippines. It was one of the first cafes that I remember, and I appreciate that they use local beans. I think they need to rebrand and innovate their look though to keep up with other cafes.

• Reply Zwitsy July 9, 2016 at 6:08 am

Well, if I am in your shoes, I’ll definitely be sending my commendation through blogging! It’s such a nice feeling to be accommodated well thus, blogging them in return (making a good review about their service and everything) is definitely a good way of thanking them indeed!

• Reply Bernadette Angelie Pangilinan July 27, 2016 at 10:42 pm

My bestfriend used to work at Figaro as a Store Manager and she would always give me their sansrival for pasalubongs! I love it, it’s not too sweet which is what I prefer on desserts. I haven’t been into any Figaro place yet though, I’m a starbucks girl. Haha!