Last May 14-15, 2016, there was an art mart in Bonifacio High Street where in goodies from different artists were being sold at a more affordable prices!
Haul from Art Mart BGC
It was through a friend that I learned of this Art Mart in Bonifacio Global City (BGC). Previous trips to art mart made me feel that:Art is for every Juan. Click To Tweet
Some may sell at a higher price but even if in the smallest of things (e.g. stickers), art can be present in that too. So here are the goodies I bought last weekend:
Stickers from various artists
These are from various artists who had their booths along Bonifacio Global City (BGC). The stickers vary from:
- Game of Thrones
- Star Wars
- Illustrations that I do not know how to classify but are so damn gorgeous
- Funny sentences (which is btw, very very creative!)
You may follow some of the artists here:
Vintage Necklace from Lockets and Crafts
The old soul in me was so happy when I saw the booth occupied by Lockets and Crafts. It is a handmade products from the Philippines. The one I got is fit for my birth month since Sweet Pea is the birth month flower of April alongside Daisy.
I got two necklaces for only Php 250. If you bought only one, it would cost Php 280. Normally, it would cost Php 350 (as far as I remember). There were other products designs as well. There was even an Audrey Hepburn necklace which was eventually sold before I could even buy it. 🙁
Why I bought two? Simple, because the other one will be a gift to my mom for mothers’ day and for her birthday. I just do hope she will like it. Also, it’s in accordance to her birth month flower.Love local artists! Click To Tweet
Postcard from Ella Lama
A few weekends back, there was also another art mart that happened in BGC. It was being sold for Php 50 and Sam bought one for me. Yay!
It’s true that I dislike being spoiled with material things but with stuff related to art, I guess it’s fine (for us). I have nothing much to say since when it comes to products created by Ella Lama, it’s always versatile just like her. She’s a very happy person and even her products, radiate that happiness. I’m so lucky to have known her! 🙂
Things why I think we should show more support local artists:
- They are our fellow Filipino artists. They are just like us. Working so hard to produce wonderful stuff for the common items we buy (e.g. journals, notebooks, mugs, etc).
- Some of the Filipino artists are exploring other places for their career since they don’t feel that much support and opportunities here for them are scarce. That is kinda sad, actually.
- We appreciate foreign artists but our own? That is unfair.
How about you? Do you support local artists?